Hawks Sign CB Tramaine Brock, cleared of charges

chris98251

Reaction score
Well that accounts for lacking measurable, inside he doesn't need length as much as ability read and react. Also makes Lanes absence less a issue in the event Griffin takes RCB spot and owns it.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I saw another nice little take on this: the Cards are no longer able to sign him and they are seriously hurting for good talent at cornerback behind Patrick Peterson. Addition by subtraction in this deal as well.

Edited for spelling.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Chapow":12neyfv9 said:
UK_Seahawk":12neyfv9 said:
Is this the guy that got absolutely trucked by Rawls?

You'll have to be more specific. I'm pretty sure there has been more than 1 guy that has been trucked by Rawls. Rawls likes to truck dudes.

Yeah, Michael Wilhoite also got tr...oh, wait, crap.

Atradees

Reaction score
Defended 14 passes....that's decent. He will likely do more with more talent around him. Price was right.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I would not sign a DV guy, whose charges were dropped under very suspicious circumstances, even though we need a corner. Unfortunately, Schneider just doesn't ask my opinion very often on these cases.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Chapow":2qaixyi6 said:
UK_Seahawk":2qaixyi6 said:
Is this the guy that got absolutely trucked by Rawls?

You'll have to be more specific. I'm pretty sure there has been more than 1 guy that has been trucked by Rawls. Rawls likes to truck dudes.

A Wilson check down to Rawls and he bludgeoned his way up the side line. It's featured in this little segment.

[youtube]tMB8McmjCiw[/youtube]

Seafan

Reaction score
TwilightError":3oh8xvkf said:
I would not sign a DV guy, whose charges were dropped under very suspicious circumstances, even though we need a corner. Unfortunately, Schneider just doesn't ask my opinion very often on these cases.

Thankfully Schneider doesn't sign DV guys either.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Also, sounds like 11 or 12 teams were after him once this was cleared up. Including the Niners who wanted to sign him to an extension, and he told them to pound sand basically.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":111cp8vd said:
Also, sounds like 11 or 12 teams were after him once this was cleared up. Including the Niners who wanted to sign him to an extension, and he told them to pound sand basically.

I heard that also and call BS on it. Why would he sign a 1 year league minimum deal for a nickle spot with 11 other teams wanting to sign him?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":1z1vsh7l said:
SoulfishHawk":1z1vsh7l said:

I heard that also and call BS on it. Why would he sign a 1 year league minimum deal for a nickle spot with 11 other teams wanting to sign him?

Super Bowl Ring?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3hpbtvj2 said:
We all know that Pete & John don't like the short, short armed CB's, and he seems like more of a slot type guy.

Makes me wonder if Lane's injury is worse than initially thought

Actually I thinks it's probably more of an indication that Lane just isn't that good. He never earned the contract he was given before last season. 4 years $23 million for a guy that had played a TOTAL of 13 games in the previous TWO seasons? This was a mistake contract, and I expect Brock to be on the field significantly more than Lane even when Lane is healthy.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Awful lot of 49er rejects coming to the Seahawks. Not sure if that's a good direction to be going. Hopefully they work out.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":2d8ecbvt said:
Seymour":2d8ecbvt said:
SoulfishHawk":2d8ecbvt said:

Super Bowl Ring?

Someone who fights with the mother of his child over what to watch on TV is more interested in a ring then additional millions of $$? We recently paid Lane near $6M per year by comparison.

Doubtful that is all of it IMO.

OP
OP
MontanaHawk05

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Atradees":3lqz79sc said:
Defended 14 passes....that's decent. He will likely do more with more talent around him. Price was right.

Yeah, San Francisco didn't have Earl Thomas. I suspect Brock gets burnt less here.

hawk45

Reaction score
Love another option at nickel CB. Lane was Torchwood last year.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/fieldyates/status/898527931676454912[/tweet]

I dig it.