Hawks taking a look at Paul Richardson (Signed)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Definitely has the chemistry with Russell Wilson. Glad it was Washington who gave him the big payday, not us. Good to have him back. Kind of an X factor type of player in games where the other team has the players and scheme to take away our top receiving weapons.

Teahawks

Reaction score
Elemas":2lmxvmun said:
I'd take an "issue free" Gordon over a healthy P-Rich. But, a healthy P-Rich could take the #3 spot as it stands.

Glad we're checking him out!

Same. Gordon's off the field risk is equal to PRich's injury risk in my opinion. Gordon has the higher ceiling to me. We've seen both make tough and clutch catches. I'd say sign both, but WR only has so many reps to go around.

Elemas

Reaction score
Teahawks":3kf5gw7u said:
Elemas":3kf5gw7u said:
I'd take an "issue free" Gordon over a healthy P-Rich. But, a healthy P-Rich could take the #3 spot as it stands.

Same. Gordon's off the field risk is equal to PRich's injury risk in my opinion. Gordon has the higher ceiling to me. We've seen both make tough and clutch catches. I'd say sign both, but WR only has so many reps to go around.

Agreed. This may sound like nonsense but, I truly believe Gordon could've had a Hall of Fame career without the addiction problems.

The real uncertainty lies in Gordon's reinstatement. You can't say for sure as the Hawks are going to consider all available players but, if Gordon were back right now...I doubt we'd be looking at PRich.

With that said...a healthy PRich isn't a bad pickup at all.

kf3339

Reaction score
rcaido":3rhdmwm4 said:
Ad Hawk":3rhdmwm4 said:
Wenhawk":3rhdmwm4 said:
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Richardson
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Swain
7. Ursua

If Gordon comes back he becomes #3 and we bump #5 or #6 off the team, or possibly add him as a 6th and bump a player from a different group.

Can you imagine an offense with the top 4 + Gordon? Empty sets would be incredibly difficult to defend, provided the O-line gives just a little time. Which, of course, is the real question for our offense this next year.

Add Dissly & Olsen...Wilson can have career numbers on top of his already HOF career.

Agreed on all posts comments above. This is definitely a better group than we have had in the past. There will be no reason to not be creative on offense now.

Seymour

Reaction score
kf3339":1biem919 said:
rcaido":1biem919 said:
Ad Hawk":1biem919 said:
Wenhawk":1biem919 said:
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Richardson
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Swain
7. Ursua

If Gordon comes back he becomes #3 and we bump #5 or #6 off the team, or possibly add him as a 6th and bump a player from a different group.

Can you imagine an offense with the top 4 + Gordon? Empty sets would be incredibly difficult to defend, provided the O-line gives just a little time. Which, of course, is the real question for our offense this next year.

Add Dissly & Olsen...Wilson can have career numbers on top of his already HOF career.

Agreed on all posts comments above. This is definitely a better group than we have had in the past. There will be no reason to not be creative on offense now.

Sure there is!!
PeteBall = RRPP

:stirthepot:

xray

Reaction score
He's been injury plagued since 2014 .

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Elemas":31nwig90 said:
Teahawks":31nwig90 said:
Elemas":31nwig90 said:

Agreed. This may sound like nonsense but, I truly believe Gordon could've had a Hall of Fame career without the addiction problems.

The real uncertainty lies in Gordon's reinstatement. You can't say for sure as the Hawks are going to consider all available players but, if Gordon were back right now...I doubt we'd be looking at PRich.

With that said...a healthy PRich isn't a bad pickup at all.

Not nonsense at all. He put together one of the most impressive seasons of all-time in Cleveland with complete scrubs tossing to him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Richardson is a good WR when he is healthy, unfortunately that isn't very often.

Between Richardson and Gordon I'd choose Gordon if he was available b/c of his higher ceiling. Both have availability issues. Between Richardson and Britt I'd choose Britt but Britt would need to be available in the 2nd half of the season. In short it's good to have a look at Richardson but there are others I'd choose ahead of him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Richardson > Ursua and Swain. Bet both could be stashed on the PS and called up when PRich gets injured.

sutz

Reaction score
Wenhawk":og38w4x1 said:
Richardson > Ursua and Swain. Bet both could be stashed on the PS and called up when PRich gets injured.
The PS part of that is even more true under the current rules revisions under covid.

Teahawks

Reaction score
I'd have to imagine David Moore gets cut after this. His salary is expendable at that rate to be a WR4.

chris98251

Reaction score
The new rules make stacking your team in depth much easier, why I don't think we cut any RB's and we also will sign Britt back as well, P Rich will be here and we will sign Gordon when we can. the IR allows us to bring more guys back now also. PS can stash Vets and the wait period to activate is shorter.

Rat

Reaction score
I like this signing. His stats don’t jump off the page for a second round pick, but it felt like something good happened every time he was thrown the ball.

hburn21

Reaction score
Such a talented receiver but just can’t stay healthy. Watching his highlights ever catch he hits the ground so awkwardly like he never braces for the ground

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Sounds as though the Niners may be willing to take the chance Gordon will be reinstated and poach him from our interest. I'd be SO bummed to see that happen, and then see him get quickly reinstated. Niners are scrambling to put together a WR roster that can be effective following a dirth of injuries to that position group on their team.