Hawks taking a look at Paul Richardson (Signed)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ga ... r-BB18p4RE

Possible reunion in Seattle between the #Seahawks and WR Paul Richardson. Sources say the team's former second-round pick is at the facility today for COVID-19 testing. He'll go through protocol and could sign later this week.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) August 26, 2020

I imagine it would be a very low $ contract, but we all know the guy can make plays. Certainly some interesting Hawks news. A little competition is always a good thing. I always liked P Rich, just couldn't stay healthy, but he is a baller when he's on the field. Just was glad they didn't give him that big $ contract that Washington did. Let him fight it out with the others and see who comes out on top. This team will certainly be releasing some very capable players that will wind up on other teams imo.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's an excellent WR and Russell is familiar with him. His only issue was injuries. Seattle took care of him during his tenure here, the Redskins maybe not so much. I think that's why he got injured in Washington and Colorado, but did okay here. Pete and John are very good at watching out for a player's health.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And he's made some spectacular plays for this team. Just another weapon for Russ, and like you said Russ is familiar and comfortable with him. If he beats out someone else, it just means he still has some juice.

chris98251

Reaction score
Look at the receiving on this roster suddenly and whom we are bringing in and waiting on Gordon, we have never went this all in on the offense over all. If they don't plan on taking the gloves off with these signals then they have baited me hook line and sinker.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think Richardson is legit competition for Dorsett, and likely a significant upgrade over Moore, Ursua, and Swain. Richardson would be a heck of a 4th or 5th WR.

You can see his stats are pretty similar to Dorsett and we know he was just getting into a good rhythm with Wilson before he bounced for a big payday.

Attachments

• wrs.jpg
    wrs.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 2,131
OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely, Moore isn't in the same ballpark and we haven't even had a chance to see what Ursua can do...yet.
But Richardson has proving what he can do on the field. This team is a contender, and bringing in another solid WR to build up even more competition? Yes please.

He is one tough dude, especially at his size. And I'm sure we all remember that game against Detroit. He was a BEAST when it counted. Enjoy...…..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Zv-8xo4Dc

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Richardson has been a big difference maker for us in the playoffs.

That alone should be a good reason.

If you do nothing else but literally are the difference in a playoff game we otherwise would not have won without you? You are worth it. Because winning in the playoffs is the point of the thing.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
VERY good points. He was ridiculous in that Detroit game. And doing that on the big stage matters a LOT. That catch in the corner of the end zone was one of the best we have ever seen.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Smart move.

An injury to Metcalf and/or Lockett could derail the offense like the injuries to Carson and Penny did late last season.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Loved him when he was here, hated to see him go. But he's been gone long enough he's back to having to prove himself again. He's done more than Dorsett ever has, but Dorsett is younger and faster...and Gordon waits in the shadows. Given all that has happened since he left I know that right now there are guys I'd have ahead of him. Still, he's a nice insurance policy to have.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, we have no idea when Gordon will even be allowed to come back. IF and when he's available, then it's worth worrying about. Can't bring in a guy who hasn't even been cleared to play in the NFL yet. It's up to GODdell. I love Gordon, but until he's cleared it's a non-factor.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Richardson
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Swain
7. Ursua

If Gordon comes back he becomes #3 and we bump #5 or #6 off the team, or possibly add him as a 6th and bump a player from a different group.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1mohse77 said:
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Richardson
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Swain
7. Ursua

If Gordon comes back he becomes #3 and we bump #5 or #6 off the team, or possibly add him as a 6th and bump a player from a different group.

Can you imagine an offense with the top 4 + Gordon? Empty sets would be incredibly difficult to defend, provided the O-line gives just a little time. Which, of course, is the real question for our offense this next year.

rcaido

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":r6c5vplu said:
Wenhawk":r6c5vplu said:
1. Metcalf
2. Lockett
3. Richardson
4. Dorsett
5. Moore
6. Swain
7. Ursua

Can you imagine an offense with the top 4 + Gordon? Empty sets would be incredibly difficult to defend, provided the O-line gives just a little time. Which, of course, is the real question for our offense this next year.

Add Dissly & Olsen...Wilson can have career numbers on top of his already HOF career.

Elemas

Reaction score
I'd take an "issue free" Gordon over a healthy P-Rich. But, a healthy P-Rich could take the #3 spot as it stands.

Glad we're checking him out!

warden

Reaction score
That TD catch by Richardson in the Detroit playoff game was simply amazing

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":1tac5v1r said:
Look at the receiving on this roster suddenly and whom we are bringing in and waiting on Gordon, we have never went this all in on the offense over all. If they don't plan on taking the gloves off with these signals then they have baited me hook line and sinker.

Agreed. That is a lot of added firepower if we are going to run the same bland offense for the first three quarters every game.