Hawks that never reached their potential and drove you nuts

Rat

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":1ti3zxew said:
Rat":1ti3zxew said:
Stoned Cold":1ti3zxew said:
Rick Mirer was actually rookie of the year.
This is not true. Jerome Bettis was the OROY during Mirer's rookie year.

Speaking of Bettis, I heard something interesting about him recently. Did you guys know that Bettis is from Detroit?

Nah, you are wrong. He was AFC ROY. If I'm wrong I was misquoted.
My bad, I remembered Bettis winning and forgot that they used to separate ROY awards by conference until 96.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":3inwuw5y said:
It was all to common to she him go -1, -2, +1, -2, +45 TD.

Freudian slip? ;)

Put me down for DJ Hackett. That guy could have easily been a Pro Bowler if he could have just stayed healthy.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
hawkfan68":34klpiyj said:
Tim Ruskell

Took a superbowl contender and drove it into the ground. Much in the same way Wally Walker did to the Supersonics.
Not quite accurate. Ruskell helped build a Super Bowl contender. And then he drove it into the ground.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
BlueTalon":3kad69cc said:
Not quite accurate. Ruskell helped build a Super Bowl contender. And then he drove it into the ground.

He was GM for one draft before we played in our first Super Bowl. It's pretty debatable to say he helped build a Super Bowl-contending team.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1whv4jdk said:
BlueTalon":1whv4jdk said:

He was GM for one draft before we played in our first Super Bowl. It's pretty debatable to say he helped build a Super Bowl-contending team.
Of course it's debatable. You're debating it. But I still contend Ruskell helped put together that 2005 Super Bowl team. Here are some guys he brought in:

Joe Jurevicious
Chuck (Chartric) Darby
Lofa Tatupu
Leroy Hill
Andre Dyson
Kelly Herndon
Michael Harden
DJ Hackett

I don't remember if he re-signed Hasselbeck, but I know Hass signed not long after Walter Jones re-upped, before Ruskell got to Seattle.

Anyway... I believe those additions to the team were not insignificant -- so yes, Ruskell helped build the Super Bowl team.

And then he ran it into the ground.

The Radish

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":1lvtw68u said:
Sean Salisbury.

Sure, he didn't make it out of the preseason, but still.

Well this post suggests only half. I'm convinced Sean Salisbury reached his full potential with the Seahawks.

But he does drive us all nuts.

:roll: