Top 5 Seahawks RBs

chris98251

Reaction score
Proof is anyone that watched the games, with Watters we could do anything, with Alexander we telegraphed it was a run play or a intermediate pass play, he could not pass block and he could not catch. If you pulled him you knew it was 80 percent pass, on third down it was Bobby or a hand off to Strong. We were successful no doubt, we did it due to superb execution of the Line and accuracy of Matt and the hands of our go to receivers.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I have to add this..I know I have been hard on Sherman Smith -It's my opinion he sucked..I do give him some props for that 1979 season for 15 td's ..For me it's what he did not do..Never had 1,000 yrds in a season...Fumbled a lot..It's not all his fault of course..He was 6:4(huge target) and the Seahawks kept him too long...Based on that 79 season I will take him off the bottom..

drrew

Reaction score
chris98251":2nqe78ei said:
he could not catch. .

59 receptions for Alexander in 2002 once again proves that you're full of it. That's a whopping 4 fewer receptions than Watters had in his biggest season with the Hawks and only 7 fewer receptions than Watters had in any season in his career.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":3p8xtik7 said:
Proof is anyone that watched the games, with Watters we could do anything, with Alexander we telegraphed it was a run play or a intermediate pass play, he could not pass block and he could not catch. If you pulled him you knew it was 80 percent pass, on third down it was Bobby or a hand off to Strong. We were successful no doubt, we did it due to superb execution of the Line and accuracy of Matt and the hands of our go to receivers.

Dude you made statements such as pouting, and predictability, and yet your only proof is watch the games really. Let me help you

in 2000 Watters best year with the hawks he had 63 receptions. In 2002 Alexander had 59 receptions, so to you 4 more receptions means we had to become predictable, really the reality I you do not Alexander which is fine as I said I am not a huge fan I have just learned to respect what he accomplished here.

To help you even more Lynch has never caught more than 36 passes wit the hawks, but to you he does not make us predictable huh.

Like I said you want to not like the guy fine, but lets not make stuff up and belittle what he accomplished shall we.

chris98251

Reaction score
Anthony!":3c47zt9t said:
chris98251":3c47zt9t said:

Dude you made statements such as pouting, and predictability, and yet your only proof is watch the games really. Let me help you

in 2000 Watters best year with the hawks he had 63 receptions. In 2002 Alexander had 59 receptions, so to you 4 more receptions means we had to become predictable, really the reality I you do not Alexander which is fine as I said I am not a huge fan I have just learned to respect what he accomplished here.

To help you even more Lynch has never caught more than 36 passes wit the hawks, but to you he does not make us predictable huh.

Like I said you want to not like the guy fine, but lets not make stuff up and belittle what he accomplished shall we.

Watters had 467 recepetions for 4248 yds with a 9.1 yd average, he spread that across S.F. Philly. and Sea.Watters only had one season played under 30 receptions and that was his last season when he got injured and ended up with 11.

Alexander had 215 receptions for 1520 yds with a 7.1yd average. they did try and use him three years 2001 - 2003 much more out of the back field, getting 44,59 and 42 catches, then it went to 23,15,12,14 receptions. Thats the predictability. He was never a natural receiver. If you want to take every statement as an absolute then sure I was wrong he has caught a football.

For arguements sake,I will give you that he could be a receiver, but the staff did not think of him obviously as a reliable one or dependable based on the numbers of the other years, given once again to the offense predictability.

His over all numbers do speak for themselves, but as abserved I don't think he was ever the complete back that some of the others were closer to and I do think he limited what we could do as a offense becasue of his lack of wanting to do some things and work at them.

frase32

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm a Niners fan.

1. Lynch
2. Watters
3. Warren
4. Warner
5. J.L. Williams

I think that Shaun Alexander might be one of the most over-rated backs in the history of the game. I mean look at that line that man was running behind. I am pretty biased because I prefer backs who run hard, and Alexander was the softest big back I have ever watched play IMO. Lynch on the other hand is a god damned animal. I obviously don't have much love for the Seahawks, but Lynch is a joy to watch run.

kearly

Reaction score
Williams and Warner were just before my time as a Hawks fan, so I'm going to leave them off the list because I'd have no idea how to rank them.

1. Lynch
2. Alexander
3. Watters
4. Warren
5. Fenner

I put Lynch #1 because I think he was the most special athlete of the group and of all the RBs in Seahawks history, none were feared around the league by defensive coaches the way Marshawn has been the past couple seasons. I also respect Lynch for being a well-rounded player, he can block and catch. He's also probably the best back we've ever had at making smart decisions while running to maximize yardage.

Early career Alexander was such a playmaker, a bit like what Christine Michael is right now. As he aged his production increased even as his highlights became less spectacular. What was kind of bizarre was how he gradually morphed from one of the leagues better receiving RBs to a guy who'd only get one catch a game by the end. I think Alexander's vision and red zone ability rival any RB in NFL history. I don't think he was a product of the line so much as the perfect compliment for it.

Watters was pretty similar to Lynch. Tough RB with high workloads who also was a good blocker and a terrific receiver. I think of all the RBs I've personally seen in Seattle, Watters was the biggest threat as a receiver.

Warren was consistent year to year and game to game, but I remember him being more of a playmaker type RB who was fast and athletic. For pretty much his entire Seahawks career, he was the best player on our otherwise terrible offense. As said, every time I go back and rewatch him I am surprised who quick/fast he was. Not sure who I would compare him to today, maybe Ben Tate.

I barely remember Fenner, but the memories I do have of him were fun ones. He had fullback size but had tailback speed and played with a mean streak.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":2prz4gju said:
Anthony!":2prz4gju said:
chris98251":2prz4gju said:

Watters had 467 recepetions for 4248 yds with a 9.1 yd average, he spread that across S.F. Philly. and Sea.Watters only had one season played under 30 receptions and that was his last season when he got injured and ended up with 11.

Alexander had 215 receptions for 1520 yds with a 7.1yd average. they did try and use him three years 2001 - 2003 much more out of the back field, getting 44,59 and 42 catches, then it went to 23,15,12,14 receptions. Thats the predictability. He was never a natural receiver. If you want to take every statement as an absolute then sure I was wrong he has caught a football.

For arguements sake,I will give you that he could be a receiver, but the staff did not think of him obviously as a reliable one or dependable based on the numbers of the other years, given once again to the offense predictability.

His over all numbers do speak for themselves, but as abserved I don't think he was ever the complete back that some of the others were closer to and I do think he limited what we could do as a offense becasue of his lack of wanting to do some things and work at them.

Dude waters played longer than Alexander that proves nothing. We will never know why MH stopped using Alexander in the passing game, the are a number of reason that it could be that has nothing to do with Alexander being able to catch or not. Maybe they were using that for a way to bet MO in the game or use Strong. Tee reality is it really doe snot matter as they go to the SB, so whatever they were doing worked. period

BASF

Reaction score
Anthony!":1nrbpnlb said:
We will never know why MH stopped using Alexander in the passing game, the are a number of reason that it could be that has nothing to do with Alexander being able to catch or not. Maybe they were using that for a way to bet MO in the game or use Strong. Tee reality is it really doe snot matter as they go to the SB, so whatever they were doing worked. period

I honestly think the reason is as simple as Matt Hasslebeck did not throw the ball well to the flat. There were a lot of throws from Matt into the flat that were poorly timed or over the receivers head or thrown further upfield than was catchable.