Hawks traded up

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":fc5y5noq said:
chris98251":fc5y5noq said:
So everyone bitching about not having a Kick Returner and missing Tate now is bitching that we got a PR and explosive guy that makes plays.

Ok...........................

You can get a Ty Montgomery in the 4th you don't need to trade 3 picks.

You going to guarantee Ty Montgomery would be there at our pick, this kid has a father that played WR and was not to shabby as well, he has high end coaching and moves. He is going to have a head start on many players.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Fade":28ipkfi3 said:
chris98251":28ipkfi3 said:
So everyone bitching about not having a Kick Returner and missing Tate now is bitching that we got a PR and explosive guy that makes plays.

You can get a Ty Montgomery in the 4th to return kicks you don't need to trade 3 picks.

Jaelen Strong would have made sense with his size and ability to play outside. Lockette is a slot guy like Doug Baldwin, but they already have Doug Baldwin.

Do people really think he is just a good returner and an OK receiver? First, Lockett is a stud WR. It may be somewhat of a redundant pick, but he is an absolute stud receiver. Polished route runner, legit home run speed, and so reliable. Always seems to be open. That, plus probably the best returner in the draft. Love the pick, excited to see the fit.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":565xs042 said:
Fade":565xs042 said:
chris98251":565xs042 said:

You can get a Ty Montgomery in the 4th you don't need to trade 3 picks.

You going to guarantee Ty Montgomery would be there at our pick, this kid has a father that played WR and was not to shabby as well, he has high end coaching and moves. He is going to have a head start on many players.

Then you draft

Mario Alford
Kaelin Clay
Marcus Murphy
JJ Nelson

Returners can be had at the end of the draft.

You don't trade that much draft capitol unless you think he can start.

So we got a 5-10 QB with a terrible O-Line throwing to 5-10 wide receivers. that is a bad look.

Now teams can bracket Jimmy Graham in the redzone and get away with it.

OP
OP
Seafan

Seafan

Reaction score
Only 53 roster spots. Lockett and Clark will help immediately. Good picks.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":u5uyllxf said:
Seattle traded half of their draft for a Kick Returner and slot guy. :pukeface:

you can get a guy like Ty Montgomery to return kicks and punts in the middle of the the 4th btw.

11-3 = 8. That's not half.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1igdytp4 said:
So what picks do we have left?

4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7

Wouldn't be surprised if JS trades back in the 4th to recoup a 5 or 6.

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3en0gm7f said:
Fade":3en0gm7f said:

you can get a guy like Ty Montgomery to return kicks and punts in the middle of the the 4th btw.

In draft capitol it was, unless you think a 7th rounder is just as valuable as a 3rd.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Fade":38owluw0 said:
Hasselbeck":38owluw0 said:
Fade":38owluw0 said:

In draft capitol it was, unless you think a 7th rounder is just as valuable as a 3rd.

We swapped 3's .. soooo .. ?

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I guess we have plenty of picks to address OL and what not. Which is why we'll probably trade our remaining draft for another RB and a kicker. :)

I kid! At first I was a little shocked by the Lockett pick, but it's really quite a solid pick, if not the one some wanted.

dutchcoug

Reaction score
I don't get why so many are upset that we gave up 3 of our NFL high 11 picks. If we're a crappy team, we need 11 picks and 8 of them probably make the team. We are a Super Bowl team. Out of 11 picks, maybe 5 make the team, at best. Might as well position ourselves as well as possible to get the most impact out of those 11 picks. Even if it means giving up some of them.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
dutchcoug":4o5w5sb4 said:
I don't get why so many are upset that we gave up 3 of our NFL high 11 picks. If we're a crappy team, we need 11 picks and 8 of them probably make the team. We are a Super Bowl team. Out of 11 picks, maybe 5 make the team, at best. Might as well position ourselves as well as possible to get the most impact out of those 11 picks. Even if it means giving up some of them.
Yep. It's just the initial shock thing. As the dust settles, we'll see the talent and the sting of where we got 'em and what we gave up for 'em will recede.

chris98251

Reaction score
Fade":2si3ahu0 said:
chris98251":2si3ahu0 said:

You can get a Ty Montgomery in the 4th to return kicks you don't need to trade 3 picks.

Jaelen Strong would have made sense with his size and ability to play outside. Lockette is a slot guy like Doug Baldwin, but they already have Doug Baldwin.

You were saying the 4th?

dutchcoug

Reaction score
HawkAroundTheClock":37ye7dlo said:
dutchcoug":37ye7dlo said:
Yep. It's just the initial shock thing. As the dust settles, we'll see the talent and the sting of where we got 'em and what we gave up for 'em will recede.

After so many years of trying to think I was an expert (not even close) and predicting who I thought would be best for the Hawks, I've learn, I know little. Most of the time I get guys and position stuck in my head and when I'm wrong, I get defensive.

I think that might be what's happening. The pick are solid, but many though we would get them later and be able to keep picks and get more players. The reality is very different, so I guess I can't blame some people's initial reaction.

As you say, when the dust settles, people will think more rational.