Hawks will go to Lambeau for NFCCG

PackerNation

Reaction score
rideaducati":3s7ekgxd said:
PackerNation":3s7ekgxd said:
rideaducati":3s7ekgxd said:
Will the packers give him a chance to even make a play? They were scared to last time.

He can't pick a QB that rarely ever throws a pick. We'll see, unless you fail to make the playoffs. ;)

I'll bet you a bottle of scotch that Rodgers makes the H.O.F and Sherman doesn't.

If a QB "rarely" throws a pick, that means he can. If he NEVER throws a pick, then you'd make sense, but there isn't a QB that NEVER throws a pick. Kaepernick rarely throws picks and Sherman has picked him off a lot.

I could see both of them getting in even if it takes a while. I know that Sherman will have a more difficult road because people don't like him. There are deserving players that should be in the HOF, but aren't because they weren't liked by voters. I'd bet that Sherman ends his career with more Super Bowl victories than Rodgers.

Stop bringing up Kaepernick please, he is no where near the level of Rodgers. Or Wilson for that matter. Talk about scared, did you see the way he looked on the sidelines during the last time you played him?

He has good feet and can run his way out of trouble but he is slowly disappearing. The best OL in football, a great RB and some great WR's make him look better than he really is.

People outside Seattle don't like him because he has a mouth. So, of course, they want to see him eat crow and fail. I also recall he got off a "PED" suspension (Adderall?) on a technicality. But all in all, I like his style ON the football field.

When it is all said and done, Rodgers will be named among the very best to ever play in the NFL. I cannot say if Sherman will make it that far. He may not make the Hall of Fame. He is great now but you need to do it over a long period of time. I mean, Ken Stabler is not even in the Hall of Fame. Which I find very odd.

Right now, Rodgers and Sherman each have 1 SB trophy. Rodgers also has a SB MVP and an NFL MVP. What makes you think Sherman will have more trophies than Rodgers? Or, just Seattle in general will have more?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
PackerNation":2z1mgvzc said:
rideaducati":2z1mgvzc said:
PackerNation":2z1mgvzc said:
rideaducati":2z1mgvzc said:
Will the packers give him a chance to even make a play? They were scared to last time.

He can't pick a QB that rarely ever throws a pick. We'll see, unless you fail to make the playoffs. ;)

I'll bet you a bottle of scotch that Rodgers makes the H.O.F and Sherman doesn't.

If a QB "rarely" throws a pick, that means he can. If he NEVER throws a pick, then you'd make sense, but there isn't a QB that NEVER throws a pick. Kaepernick rarely throws picks and Sherman has picked him off a lot.

I could see both of them getting in even if it takes a while. I know that Sherman will have a more difficult road because people don't like him. There are deserving players that should be in the HOF, but aren't because they weren't liked by voters. I'd bet that Sherman ends his career with more Super Bowl victories than Rodgers.

Stop bringing up Kaepernick please, he is no where near the level of Rodgers. Or Wilson for that matter. Talk about scared, did you see the way he looked on the sidelines during the last time you played him?

He has good feet and can run his way out of trouble but he is slowly disappearing. The best OL in football, a great RB and some great WR's make him look better than he really is.

People outside Seattle don't like him because he has a mouth. So, of course, they want to see him eat crow and fail. I also recall he got off a "PED" suspension (Adderall?) on a technicality. But all in all, I like his style ON the football field.

When it is all said and done, Rodgers will be named among the very best to ever play in the NFL. I cannot say if Sherman will make it that far. He may not make the Hall of Fame. He is great now but you need to do it over a long period of time. I mean, Ken Stabler is not even in the Hall of Fame. Which I find very odd.

Right now, Rodgers and Sherman each have 1 SB trophy. Rodgers also has a SB MVP and an NFL MVP. What makes you think Sherman will have more trophies than Rodgers? Or, just Seattle in general will have more?

Richard Sherman is one of the best to ever play the game.

To me this indicates that you don't have a real appreciation for the cornerback position, or the defense in general, which would explain your prior statements about MVP.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3j5g8z8n said:
PackerNation":3j5g8z8n said:
pmedic920":3j5g8z8n said:
Best player??

I vote JJ Watt.

Rodgers is good but I wouldn't give you Our guy for him. No way, not at this point in time.
And I not saying Wilson is better, I'm saying I wouldn't trade QBs with you.

If the Texans and the Packers were to trade straight up Watts for Rodgers, the Texans would get the better end of the deal. Rodgers is the NFL MVP while Watts will be the NFL DPOY. To even debate such a thing as giving the NFL MVP to a defensive player is ludicrous.

As far as Wilson goes, he is very good but, sorry, Rodgers about the best the NFL has right now and maybe even the best they have seen. He is in his prime and is putting up H.O.F numbers. I can't say the same for Wilson. I do think Wilson is very good and maybe even 2nd best.

Oh and your GM would trade Wilson for Rodgers every day of the week and twice on Sunday's.

Defense wins championships, so I see no reason why a defensive player like J.J. Watt or Richard Sherman shouldn't win MVP for their dominant play. Lawrence Taylor and Alan Page have both won it.

You have to admit, Rodgers looked like crud in the opener against us. He essentially admitted after the game that he was afraid of targeting the right side of the field because of Sherman. That doesn't bode well for you guys if we meet in the playoffs.

It didn't turn out great for last year's 'MVP.'

I promise you that if we meet again the Packers wont use that strategy. Their offense has developed a lot since the first 3 weeks of the year. They are running the ball better, protecting the qb better, and they have found other receiving options. They now throw to Adams more, and are using Lacy in some receiving sets. They also have gotten more creative at creating receiving matchups out of the backfield. The Packers offense is a lot better since week 1, and their defense is looking better as the season goes on.

http://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/the-evolut ... k-1-to-now

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
rideaducati":1ye8xz6b said:
PackerNation":1ye8xz6b said:
hawknation2014":1ye8xz6b said:
LOL, as a Packers' fan (a franchise I respect, BTW) you should know first hand that Revis is not in the same class as Richard Sherman.

Revis averages a reception every 14 cover snaps, which is extremely good. No one averages a reception every 15 . . . 16 . . . 17 . . . or 18 cover snaps other than Richard Sherman. That is a whole other level. That is elite.

That's the difference between getting a few receptions (and winning the game) vs. getting none (and getting blown out by 20 points).

Sherman was not the difference in the first meeting between our teams this year. I don't think we came in with the right game plan at all and our defense was miserable. We got off to a rough start but we are a better team now. We will have to see though, as a lot of football remains until we meet. If we meet.

Anyway, how good is Sherman really? Best in the NFL?

Sherman was DEFINITELY a difference in the first game, he took away half the field for the ENTIRE GAME. It wasn't even a fair contest with the Packers only using half the field.

The Packer offense is playing good now, but their defense is still not that good. They have definitely benefited from a puff schedule. They have trouble on the road, so they better have the #1 seed or they are in big trouble.

Look for yourself, Sherman is the best corner in the NFL.

The Packers defense is a lot better than people realize. They just held the Patriots to 21? Their run defense has always been their biggest problem, but since moving Matthews to the inside they have averaged allowing 90 yards a game, and their longest run allowed is 13 yards. Their pass defense is right around top ten. Their not on a level like Seattle, but they are getting better, and the rookies look great.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/ ... 38661.html

olyfan63

Reaction score
These Packers fans are annoying at times, but almost no matter how much they over-hype their QB Rodgers, he's having such a great year that they're just stating obvious facts.

Kind of like our Defense was unbelievably great last year. And is approaching that level again this year, after a rough patch in the middle.

And it was a catch. Watch the other replays, the ones ESPN wouldn't show you. And, get over it. It made zero difference in the overall GB season.

I think at Buffalo is our best hope for the Pack to drop a game. Detroit, maybe, but it's at Lambeau and Stafford would have to have an out-of-his-mind game in balmy weather. If Tate catches a game-winning intercepTD on a Stafford Hail Mary, that would do it.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
olyfan63":3fa14c7w said:
These Packers fans are annoying at times, but almost no matter how much they over-hype their QB Rodgers, he's having such a great year that they're just stating obvious facts.

Kind of like our Defense was unbelievably great last year. And is approaching that level again this year, after a rough patch in the middle.

And it was a catch. Watch the other replays, the ones ESPN wouldn't show you. And, get over it. It made zero difference in the overall GB season.

I think at Buffalo is our best hope for the Pack to drop a game. Detroit, maybe, but it's at Lambeau and Stafford would have to have an out-of-his-mind game in balmy weather. If Tate catches a game-winning intercepTD on a Stafford Hail Mary, that would do it.

What? The only over-hyping I've seen has been from people around here saying Wilson is close to Rodgers. The true test is in what they can do. Rodgers has carried the Packers for several years with no running game and one of the worst defenses in the NFL. In 2011 when they went 15-1 Green Bay had one of the worst defenses in NFL history that year. How did they finish 15-1? Rodgers. In contrast Wilson is a good quarterback, and if he continues to develop he will be great, but right now if he was put on a team with no run game and no defense he couldn't carry them like Rodgers has carried the Packers. As for the Fail Mary, (There I said it without throwing up).......... :229031_banghead:

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawknation2014":377gjqv2 said:
PackerNation":377gjqv2 said:
Richard Sherman is one of the best to ever play the game.

To me this indicates that you don't have a real appreciation for the cornerback position, or the defense in general, which would explain your prior statements about MVP.

He is playing like ONE of the best right now but he has a long way to go to considered one of the best in NFL history. Look at Nnamdi Asomugha. He was the best CB in the NFL....for a bit. Now he is gone, retired and will not even sniff the Hall.

I love a great defense and that is what Seattle is all about. Most fans would be envious of the defense you guys have. A true 4-3 Under with skill players at all the right positions. With that said, Sherman always seems to get too much credit.

If you want to talk about CB's in their prime and who you would take, Sherman would not be on the top of my list. I'd take guys like Darrell Green, Charles Woodson, Mel Blount, Lester Hayes (Stickum but he was shut down), Ronnie Lott (probably better at Safety than CB though), Herb Adderley, Deion Sanders. A few others come to mind.

Don't get me wrong, Sherman can play CB and does it very well. He walks the walk and talks the talk but one of the best ever? Maybe. He has to do a bit more on the field, IMO, to be talked about among the best ever.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
PackerNation, you really don't know what you're talking about. Go watch some Deion tape, then look at the rules back then and how they didn't favor receivers as much. Watch Irvin vs Deion. Then compare to Sherman. Also, look at the stats between them.

Sherman's career trajectory is over the friggin' moon.

PackerNation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3mfqn8x6 said:
PackerNation, you really don't know what you're talking about. Go watch some Deion tape, then look at the rules back then and how they didn't favor receivers as much. Watch Irvin vs Deion. Then compare to Sherman. Also, look at the stats between them.

Sherman's career trajectory is over the friggin' moon.

Really, an insult after all the props I gave Seattle?

Actually, I do know what I am talking about. Sherman is not a top 10 all time CB. Not yet anyway. Sanders is and so are the other guys I mentioned.

Sherman could be a flash in the pan. He has only played 3 years so far and he is off to a very great start. Deion was a stud on a horrible Falcons team before going to the 49ers, then to the Cowboys and finally finishing his career in Baltimore. Deion also played multiple positions and multiple sports and was still an All Pro, H.O.F player.

Both players in their prime and I'll take Sanders every time. Sanders was more dynamic and a Special Teams TD threat as well. In fact, I would take Charles Woodson over Sherman. Woodson was a turnover machine and could score as well. He was also a leader in the locker room. Still is back in Oakland on a horrible Raiders team.

A

Anonymous

Public Service Announcement:

I've seen the lab and psych reports; Peaches does not suffer from any form of Homerphobia.

The above statements are to be considered 100% true. Including the Pehawk part.

Thank you.

PackerNation

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ezmlxif said:
Look, all this talk is irrelevant. If the Seahawks and the Packers meet in the NFCCG, no matter the location, the Packers will have no shot at winning. Zero. Lambeau or CLink, the Seahawks will win. GB is a soft-ass team with a soft-ass QB and a soft-ass defense. Hell, Pehawk could beat up your QB, and he's just a frosty little twink. GB just has no answer for Seattle. It is the very definition of a matchup nightmare for them. No shot. Not a one. If any of you Packer fans had any pull with the team, you might convince them to spare their blushes by just forfeiting the game. There is ZERO chance the packers would beat us in the NFCCG. ZERO.

You. Have. No. Shot.

None? Zero? Nada?

Oh and Cutler could beat up PeHawk.

LOL

pehawk

Reaction score
Theres no QB that allegedly lives an alternative lifestyle I couldnt take in a fight. Not one. Don't even bring up Jeff Garcia, I'd curbstomp him like that hero in American History Z.

253hawk

Reaction score
The 9-7 Giants beat them in Lambeau when they were high and mighty at 15-1 and Kaepernick beat them twice there as well. Not even worried.

PackerBacker19

Reaction score
253hawk":cr0digok said:
The 9-7 Giants beat them in Lambeau when they were high and mighty at 15-1 and Kaepernick beat them twice there as well. Not even worried.

The Giants won the Super Bowl and dude that was 3 years ago. The Packers D is better than the beginning of this year, and they have more offensive production than they did earlier this year. It's obvious if you actually look at it from an honest viewpoint. Kaepernick won once at Lambeau not twice. Can't wait till Cool Russ gets his new contract, because it will even things out by taking away some of your D hopefully from my viewpoint.

PackerNation

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18edgre2 said:
Then Cutler could beat up Aaron "Manicure" Rodgers. He's a total wimp and a bitch. He's getting almost as whiney as Brady is. Soft-ass QB for a soft-ass team. You saw what we did to the Donks in the SB, right? They spent their entire offseason trying to toughen themselves up to be able to beat us this year. Guess what? They didn't. GB is to football what French cheeses are to Dairy products - soft, and they smell foul. McCarthy's biggest mistake has been NOT bringing in guys who can make his team tougher. they'll get curb-stomped.

You embarrass yourself with posts like this. I thought these comments belonged in the smack shack?

We are "discussing" football here, not your ability to trash talk. Which is pretty pathetic.

Rodgers is a class act all the way, on and off the field.

Largent80":18edgre2 said:
We OWN the Packers.....NEXT.

Not in the playoffs. Do we need a reminder of the "We want the ball and we're gonna score" incident!? :th2thumbs:

I hope we find out soon! Good luck the rest of the way.

Largent80

Reaction score
Playoffs?.....Playoffs?........More than 10 years ago playoffs?...really?

How about the last 2 times we have played you in the last few years?...NOW we are talkin.

Latest posts