Hearing reports of strong offer from Commanders for Russ

seabowl

Reaction score
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been hearing "reports" he's being traded pretty much every day of the off season for 3 years running.........

Meh
However, I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they offer up a haul for Russ. Rivera is very aware that Russ is FAR from being done and has plenty left in the tank. He still would have to agree to it, so there is that.
Who knows at this point? Just likely more off season crap for clicks. Even if there probably is some truth to it.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
This was not an interest in Russ but an actual offer. First I’ve heard about this offseason

sutz

Reaction score
Somehow, even if the team were to entertain the idea (they won't) I don't see Russ waiving his no-trade clause to go to Washington.

:229031_shrug:

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
sutz":hf2x4jqm said:
Somehow, even if the team were to entertain the idea (they won't) I don't see Russ waiving his no-trade clause to go to Washington.

:229031_shrug:

He’s from Virginia. Pretty close to DC. Oh and by the way, he’s gone, just watch. Love him but he and Carroll cannot coincidence anymore.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well there it is. Someone on a message board already knows he's gone. :irishdrinkers:

(relax, it's a joke)

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
When i first saw the headline I thought a CFL team was trying to get him. Lol. That commanders is going to take some time to get used to. Report was multiple first round picks and was shut down. Pete apparently stated “they have no interest in trading Russ”. Until they do. [emoji1787]. But he’s not going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LTH

Reaction score
seabowl":2axdr9hc said:
This was not an interest in Russ but an actual offer. First I’ve heard about this offseason

post a link?

LTH

nanomoz

Reaction score
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ll-wilson/

EDIT: reported on NFL.com: https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-off ... wks-declin

Interesting that this is being made public. There's good reason for Washington to do so. Not so much for Seattle.

______

It isn't unlikely that some combo of the Commanders (what a terrible team name), Raiders, Giants, and Eagles end up in a bidding war. The Matt Stafford trade and LA's success really has a lot of people amped at the possibility of trading for a vet QB. Tampa and Indy could be on the phone, too.

I'd prefer Russ stick around and outlast the current leadership. But it's unlikely.

This is kind of a perfect scenario--if you don't think Russ would re-sign next offseason. And it seems a slim chance that he would. Outside of a deep playoff run this year (if he isn't traded before then).

Keep in mind he's signed his two extensions in the offseason before the last year of his current deal, as is becoming more and more common with marquee players and QBs. That would be next offseason.

Pete and Russ could come out and equivocally say that he's absolutely not going anywhere. But they haven't. Both sides always couched it a bit. So that people can hear what they want to hear. And you see that reflected everywhere: twitter, message boards, comments, etc.

I still think he gets traded. And it could be in the best mid-to-long term interests of the team. Unless you're confident the Hawks can be about 400% better in 2022 and give Russ the sense he could win another super bowl or three in Seattle. That's his stated goal. Three more.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
nanomoz":168y0vzw said:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/04/report-commanders-made-strong-offer-to-seahawks-for-russell-wilson/

EDIT: reported on NFL.com: https://www.nfl.com/news/commanders-off ... wks-declin

Interesting that this is being made public. There's good reason for Washington to do so. Not so much for Seattle.

______

It isn't unlikely that some combo of the Commanders (what a terrible team name), Raiders, Giants, and Eagles end up in a bidding war. The Matt Stafford trade and LA's success really has a lot of people amped at the possibility of trading for a vet QB. Tampa and Indy could be on the phone, too.

I'd prefer Russ stick around and outlast the current leadership. But it's unlikely.

This is kind of a perfect scenario--if you don't think Russ would re-sign next offseason. And it seems a slim chance that he would. Outside of a deep playoff run this year (if he isn't traded before then).

Keep in mind he's signed his two extensions in the offseason before the last year of his current deal, as is becoming more and more common with marquee players and QBs. That would be next offseason.

Pete and Russ could come out and equivocally say that he's absolutely not going anywhere. But they haven't. Both sides always couched it a bit. So that people can hear what they want to hear. And you see that reflected everywhere: twitter, message boards, comments, etc.

I still think he gets traded. And it could be in the best mid-to-long term interests of the team. Unless you're confident the Hawks can be about 400% better in 2022 and give Russ the sense he could win another super bowl or three in Seattle. That's his stated goal. Three more.
It was only a matter of time before another team is outed as made attempts to trade for Wilson.

Wilson has an expiring contract.

This years QBs in the draft aren’t great.

I’d probably want a QB next year or two years from now over the QBs entering this year.

Hopefully, Wilson has a great year and Seattle can get a huge haul of picks next year!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
LOL!!! zero chance Russ gets traded. ZERO, Logic for god's sake. Think it through. Trading Russ makes the team an instant rebuild. Pete isn't down for a re build. Zero reason to trade him unless you want to go back to 25 years of mediocrity.

toffee

Reaction score
seabowl":35h2ohoi said:
They did not say how much would be given up for him but I think Russ will be gone this offseason. Discontent with coaching staff and he’s 33 years old. Maybe last chance to cash in for a large haul.

On behalf of John63: Do you have proof?
There are only two members on dot net do not need proof when it comes to all things Wilson: John, he is with Russ 24x7. and Arlo, he is close with Ciara. All of us need to provide proof.

As die hard Russ Wilson fan, I think DC could work. It will help with Russ's future run for president of the United States, and quite sure that Schneider will sell the whole or part of the team to Russ once Russ starts winning. Unlike Pete, all he has done is holding Russ back. Russ deserves better, Russ deserves Commanders.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Again I really believe they will trade him. Coming off a lackluster 1 1/2 years they would be stupid not to IF they get a huge amount back. I’m not willing to roll the dice on another year with him if he again shows he’s diminishing. Take the haul, build the OL, get a decent game manager and play Pete Ball.

acer1240

Reaction score
seabowl":1h2smbt9 said:
Again I really believe they will trade him. Coming off a lackluster 1 1/2 years they would be stupid not to IF they get a huge amount back. I’m not willing to roll the dice on another year with him if he again shows he’s diminishing. Take the haul, build the OL, get a decent game manager and play Pete Ball.

What is a decent "game manager"? The guy who throws for a 6 yard completion on 3rd and 7?

Kirk Cousins it is then...

keasley45

Reaction score
Talk around the DC, Maryland and Virginia area have been that Washington plans to do whatever is necessary to get a franchise qb under center this year. A friend of mine is convinced that any deal will include a marque defensive player or two and picks.

Not sure the chatter about an offer is true, but it would be consistent with what's been talked about for weeks now.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2ldyrk3g said:
LOL!!! zero chance Russ gets traded. ZERO, Logic for god's sake. Think it through. Trading Russ makes the team an instant rebuild. Pete isn't down for a re build. Zero reason to trade him unless you want to go back to 25 years of mediocrity.

Your logic only considers the short term. Which makes some sense, since Pete is old and probably feels the clock ticking.

But your post comes off as hubris.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cyrus12":gmrb0t8d said:
Take it...run with Heineken..

I hope they'd let more offers surface and the pressure build on all these teams that seem to be pursuing a vet to get the most out of a trade, if they trade him.

James in PA

Reaction score
As always, one of the major problems with trading RW is that he'll instantly make his new team better. Getting an extra pick in the 20's for the next 2-3 drafts isn't all that enticing. Now if could somehow be guaranteed that at least one of those multiple first rounders will be a top 5, now you're onto something. That's why a team like the Giants makes sense, but it sounds like they're sticking with Danny Dimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk