Heart Attacks or Blowouts?

What type of victory is more satisfying?

• Blowout

Votes: 90 71.4%
  • Heart Attack

Votes: 36 28.6%

• Total voters

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I voted blowouts... especially over division rivals.

I want the rest of the NFCW to know that this is OUR division.

It started last December with our stomping down the Whiners.

That game almost ended 42-6... remember that?

God, I love re-watching that game. I've seen at least 6 times now.

It never gets old. :th2thumbs:

hawker84

Reaction score
i voted blowouts, because at my age i'd prefer for the latter to not happen because of a game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I'll take a blowout every time if it's my team I'm rooting for.

I don't want to see us eek by. I want to see us as far and away the better team on the field. I want to spend the week listening to the media cry about Pete Carrol doing savage cartwheels down the sideline while gum wads fly out of his mouth like popcorn while the opposing team absorbs another brutal touchdown because we threw it over the middle to miller right before the half already up 31-0.

Those people that say - "I just want to see a great game". BS. SoRRY. I want to see my team have a great game and the other team suck and fall all over the ground like children being ravaged by fire ants.

I will admit that being at the stadium and watching us come back against New England was an amazing experience but the problem is you spend 59 minutes of the game sick to your stomach and one minute of going OH MY SH9T WHAT JUST HAPPEND OH MY GOD WILSON IS LORRRRD! Which is great

But that in no way compares to a 3.5 HR party in the stands while you slowly crush the windpipe of your division rival at home while 49er fans slowly start oozing out of the stadium like so many stray clots of blood from vernon davis' jacked up eye sockets.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Close games are damned good fun sometimes, Beastquake would have meant a lot less if it hadn't been the play that salted the game.

However, string together a couple of good blowouts and the rest of the league starts to get a bit freaked. We saw it last year, 150 points in three weeks. It made all take notice. So I like those too.

Frankly, I just like wins.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Close games are fun to watch when the Hawks aren't involved!

I remember thinking the 9ers might still come back from 21-0 down back in December, and breaking the 40 point barrier didn't do much to calm my nerves. Maybe I just need more optimism when it's game time?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Heart attack wins are so much more enjoyable in my opinion.

But most importantly -- we have a QB who absolutely thrives in close games and in the 4th quarter. You can't show you're a clutch performer in a blowout win. I love the idea of Wilson driving for wins late in games. He's proven he can do it repeatedly. I trust him.

Ultimately, I love the roller coaster. The uncertainty. The thrill of the unexpected. I'm still ok with a long winding blowout win party. But it doesn't have the same level of intensity.