Henry Melton to Visit Hawks this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCrow

Reaction score
Yeah, not sure Dallas' angle here financially (and yes, I know Jerry...) but I read somewhere they currently have only $7 mill in cap space - granted they can re-work some current contracts, but if i'm not mistaken they also have Dez Bryant and Tyron Smith coming up as UFA's next year. Both surely to get very big deals. I get a hunch Seattle is in good standing, Melton just wants to hear what exactly the home-town team can offer before signing elsewhere.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Uncle Si":25d06sq0 said:
A change in QB (and the development of Patterson) will help them immensely. I just think the gap between their offense with Ponder or Cassel is far bigger than you're giving credit to. Their was no separation for those receivers. Many of the offensive TDs came digging out of big holes. Its a team that isn't as close to 8-8 as the fan base want to believe.

Patterson though is a gem.

I just want to say I never compared the Vikings team as a whole being equal to or better than the Seahawks team as a whole that is absurd. I just stated they arent in complete rebuild mode which is true. Their rebuild was supposed to start 2 years ago but they made the playoffs with APs amazing year and then fell off last year with one of the worst Defenses in NFL history.

I think the Talent is there outside of QB. I mean even with the terrible QB play of Ponder and Cassel they were about equal with Indy and Detroit for total points and I have seen people pimp out Luck and Stafford. Heck they were only 25 or so points away from the Saints with Brees. They also brought in Norv Turner who cannot possibly be any worse than an OC that literally uses the smallest playcalling sheet I have ever seen haha.
M2XexXtn

Maxman186

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":35k2gv2e said:
Uncle Si":35k2gv2e said:
A change in QB (and the development of Patterson) will help them immensely. I just think the gap between their offense with Ponder or Cassel is far bigger than you're giving credit to. Their was no separation for those receivers. Many of the offensive TDs came digging out of big holes. Its a team that isn't as close to 8-8 as the fan base want to believe.

I just want to say I never compared the Vikings team as a whole being equal to or better than the Seahawks team as a whole that is absurd. I just stated they arent in complete rebuild mode which is true. Their rebuild was supposed to start 2 years ago but they made the playoffs with APs amazing year and then fell off last year with one of the worst Defenses in NFL history.

I think the Talent is there outside of QB. I mean even with the terrible QB play of Ponder and Cassel they were about equal with Indy and Detroit for total points and I have seen people pimp out Luck and Stafford. Heck they were only 25 or so points away from the Saints with Brees. They also brought in Norv Turner who cannot possibly be any worse than an OC that literally uses the smallest playcalling sheet I have ever seen haha.
M2XexXtn

Bevell's play call sheet

Attachments

• Bevell.PNG
    Bevell.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 2,241

plyka

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":5b7sodn1 said:
MizzouHawkGal":5b7sodn1 said:
I stand corrected. Henry let's make it simple.... repeat Superbowl contender or a team in total rebuild mode choose carefully.;)

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year. They were dead last in points allowed.

I would imagine Zimmer will be able to turn it around and they got rid of Cook who ironically went to the 49ers. He is ok he has just been injured a ton and never gets turnovers. And by Never I literally mean Never. He has 0 int for his career haha.

With Melton that Dline would be pretty good as well, probably coming close to Seattles with Griffen, Floyd, Robison, Melton and Joseph.

If you're hoping that a free agent turns a loser into a winner you'll be sorely disappointed. The Vikings don't have the culture of a winner and that definitely won't change with Melton. Melton needs to go to a strong club, I would say the patriots, the niners, the hawks, etc.

The Vikings, for their own good, need to enter a rebuild. Stop overpaying for mediocre talent like Everson Griffith or whatever his name is. The difference between the hawks can be seen in Everson vs golden Tate. The hawks didn't sign the mediocre WR above his worth while the Vikings in desperate fashion paid way too much for the mediocre dlinemen.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Maxman186":32nkagih said:
WilsonMVP":32nkagih said:
Uncle Si":32nkagih said:

M2XexXtn

Bevell's play call sheet

I imagine Bevell's response would go something like this....

Attachments

• Trophy.jpg
    Trophy.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 2,028

sutz

Reaction score
You know, I heard that a couple of years ago they invented a new process that allowed them to print stuff on both sides of the sheet.

Fantastic, I know, but it's true. I read it on the internets.

;)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
DAL will probably offer a backloaded deal and continue to screw themselves over for mid-level players as they always do. They're desperate and Jerrah is arguably worst in the NFL at managing cap. I think they can close Melton if they really want him.

I never believed the report that we were "finalizing" the deal. We don't know that they did anything more than feel each other out. Don't believe college kids on Twitter. Rap was probably piggybacking on Twitter speculation as he's often known to do.

We'll see, though! Exciting times.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Seems to me like Melton is going to give Dallas every opportunity to sign him.
He might be one of those Texas kids that always wanted to be a Cowboy.

Maxman186

Reaction score
TheHawkster":3ui1tyfp said:
Seems to me like Melton is going to give Dallas every opportunity to sigh him.
He might be one of those Texas kids that always wanted to be a Cowboy.

Earl looked pretty sad when we drafted him but i think he has a different opinion now

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3a26kem9 said:
-The Glove-":3a26kem9 said:
SalishHawkFan":3a26kem9 said:
This is life. Crap happens. I would love signing Henry Melton, regardless of his legal problems. The dude's a beast, when healthy, and even if he were to get cut in Camp, that would just mean that Jordan Hill or Greg Scruggs or whoever stepped up big time. Either way, the Seahawks win, and that's what it's all about.
Alcohol brings out a person's true character and magnifies it. This guy is a douchebag. Screw him. We can win without douchebags.

With that attitude, you must hate Marshawn Lynch
Lynch got drunk. Lynch wasn't a douche and didn't treat bartenders like crap or call them white trash or BITE THEIR KIDNEYS.

Please stop trying to rationalize away this douchebags behaviour because you have a hard on for his ball skills.[/quote] where the hell, in my one sentence, did I rationalize anything? Marshawn got drunk and hit a woman and left the scene.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":15j6kk1i said:
ErikG803":15j6kk1i said:
I certainly wouldn't bet a single cent on the idea that not one guy on our roster last year has never done anything under the influence that would make you say "what the f___ is wrong with that guy". That's not to say what Melton did isn't awful, but I would never consider it a disqualifier from being part of this team in PC and JS think he's a good fit
I agree, lot's of our guys have probably done dumb things. But read how that guy treated those people causing them to kick him out and then read how he treated them when they tried to kick him out.

Nobody on our team has ever done that. He's a bully and a thug and a punk AND A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG.

Screw him. He crossed the line. QUIT TRYING TO DOWNPLAY IT. You're coming off as weak lame asses with no moral integrity. This isn't Ruskell-land thinking of only bringing in choir boys. This is just saying, hey, there's a line and this creep crosses it IMO.

I swear, if Richie Incognito were any good at all you all would be fawning over him and totally down with it. Have some class.
I'd love to have Incognito on the team. He's an upgrade to the line and the team isn't full of a bunch of punks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
A Vikings/Seahawks fan?

walker-thumb-500x310-21269.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1rcp1n54 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1rcp1n54 said:
WilsonMVP":1rcp1n54 said:
MizzouHawkGal":1rcp1n54 said:
I stand corrected. Henry let's make it simple.... repeat Superbowl contender or a team in total rebuild mode choose carefully.;)

To be fair im also a vikings fan and they are definately not in complete rebuild mode. Outside of QB the Vikings offense is better than the Seahawks. The defense was/is the problem. They blew 4 or 5 games in the last minute last year and should of probably been more of a 7-9 8-8 team last year. They were dead last in points allowed.

I would imagine Zimmer will be able to turn it around and they got rid of Cook who ironically went to the 49ers. He is ok he has just been injured a ton and never gets turnovers. And by Never I literally mean Never. He has 0 int for his career haha.

With Melton that Dline would be pretty good as well, probably coming close to Seattles with Griffen, Floyd, Robison, Melton and Joseph.
I was thinking of Dallas not Minnesota.

Dallas never seems to be in complete rebuild mode. They are just always in below average, mediocre mode most of the time haha.
Which is why they are never going to be good anytime soon.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2bh5eoju said:
I'll give you AP over Lynch, but not by that much, and the Vikes' OL over ours, but not by enough to overcome Percy Harvin playing his WR/RB hybrid position and all our other WRs being way better than the Vikes...and that's before we get to QB.

I think Seattles offensive talent is pretty good, im not saying they are bad, especially with Harvin comine back. I dont believe Seattles WR core is leagues above the Vikings though. Vikings run the same offense as the Seahawks do in a run first approach. For the last 2 years Seattle has had Wilson at QB and the Vikings have had Ponder. Watching both every sunday is like night and day. Ponder is terrible in the pocket and he cant make all the required nfl throws, especially the 10 yard out on the sideline. I dont know how many times a WR would be open but Ponder steps into a sack or throws a terrible pass.

As far as Harvin goes, I saw every game of his when he was a viking and he is definately a game changer as a WR/HB and a returner. Patterson barely got any touches for the first part of the year and the only routes he ever got were in obvious passing situations on a WR screen for the most part. As a HB he scored 3 times this year and had 150 yards and also did better than Harvins best year of returning for net yardage and has an NFL tieing record 109 yard return. As a returner he is 17th all time in a season for kick return avg on 43 returns. Harvin IS 3 and 16 but both of those seasons he had just 16 returns each. Of the 16 guys ahead of Patterson only 4 had more than 20 returns so I would say that average with 43 returns is pretty good.

Jennings and Simpson had comparable numbers to Tate and Baldwin. All of them were around the 700-900 yard range. Wright was about the same as Kearse in the 350-450 range. I dont know how you can accurately judge how good the WRs on the vikings actually are though with Ponder mostly throwing to them the last 2 years though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Give it a rest already ffs... If you can't see the difference between Jennings and Wright and Simpson and Tate/Baldwin/Kearse outside yardage than the conversation is pointless. The Vikings threw the ball way more. Come to grips with it already.

Go to the NFL forum and start a thread on the Vikings.

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Enough with Ragard and the Vikings.

I say Melton has a dream to play for the Cowboys, but they can not make it work.

His next best option is to play for a ring with the Seahawks, but they are offering a "prove it" 1 year deal.

Does he believe in himself like Bennett? Does he believe in himself about competition?

I say he signs with Seattle and has a hell of a year.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Can we either shut this thread down or even better yet, save it for updates or opinions on the Hawks signing Melton.

chris98251

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":i99hkgw7 said:
Can we either shut this thread down or even better yet, save it for updates or opinions on the Hawks signing Melton.

Seems to be other then a few attempts to wander off topic that discussion is going on here about Melton, and the competitive bids for his service and how it is perceived in regards to the Seahawks attempt to sign him.

I will let it continue, but thank you for the attempt to moderate this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts