Here's the real Q.... Are the Falcons better than the Skins?

OP
OP
hawksfan515

hawksfan515

Reaction score
Hawknballs":24s11igp said:
Like I said on another thread, the Falcons have two #1 recievers and a hall of fame TE. . . if the Seahawks defense is all it's cracked up to be they're going to have to prove it for us next sunday.

But no running game, which really helps the Hawks.

General Manager

Reaction score
We handled Vernon Davis we knocked him out of the damn game your not unbeatable my friend heard alot of the same talk from SF .

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Thomas is going to get his chance to pick off a few deep ones intended for Julio Jones.

What really concerns me is our coverage of Tony Gonzalez. The man has become an ageless wonder this year.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Without consulting FOutsiders, and just going off of what I've seen:

Overall the Falcon s are better.

The Redskins are good because they are non conventional, run the ball very well, and predicate their pass very well off of the play action. Their young QB executed it very well, and also ran the ball well, which creates numbers mismatches. As we've seen, QBs that do this, don't have great longevity. On defense the Skins base all their QB pressure on blitzes. Their back end is weak, but they are good against the run.

Atlanta has maybe the best two WR tandem in the league, and an accurate pocket passing QB to get them the ball. They have an elite TE, and a very good RB. Their change of pace RB can give us fits. It's hard to neutralize that meany weapons. They are much better on the back end than the Skins, but they aren't as good against the run. I don't know how much they blitz, but they generally seem to want to generate pressure with their front 4.

They aren't as physical as the Skins. They aren't nearly as physical as us. If we play the way we did today, we will lose. They will capitalize on our mistakes and they don't make many. It comes down to how our CBs match up against their WRs. If we can take them out for most of the game in single coverage, and get some pressure on Ryan, it's great. If both teams play mistake free football, it's close but we're the more talented physical team.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Roddy White and Julio Jones don't scare me

You know who does?

Tony Gonzalez.

Especially a Tony Gonzalez who is DYING to win a playoff game.