OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
falcongoggles":249o8itd said:
JSeahawks":249o8itd said:
Hawk_Nation":249o8itd said:
I love having conversations with Cougar Alumni. Matter of fact I talked with one last night for a couple minutes, I then paid for my pizza and he left..

I"m surprised their delivering pizza to homeless camps these days.

Zing!

Hey! He might not be homeless! As a Husky, he could very well be wearing a cozy orange jumpsuit while talking to his lawyer! :stirthepot:

Wiseguy

Reaction score
Maulbert":347kgpux said:
Cougs just blew out the team you needed overtime to beat by 62 points.

Just FYI. :stirthepot:

Portland State and Eastern :187734:

dutchcoug

Reaction score
DJrmb":rx5l3xx0 said:
You're welcome.

They haven't played a competitive game since we went in there and broke their will. You should understand that being a Seahawks fan but I can see that those crimson glasses have fogged your rational thinking abilities.

Good luck in the Apple Cup though step child... it's sad that Oregon is more of a rival anymore than the cougars. I miss the days of actual competition from you all.

Cheers :irishdrinkers:

I for one am greatful UW is breaking the will of all of these teams for us, we might only have 1 win if it wasn't for them. I mean Idaho, Oregon (UW didn't play them yet but they're that good that they broke their will before they played), Stanford, UCLA (they don't play UW but they saw some Sportscenter highlights of Jake Browning and it broke their will), Oregon State and Arizona. Thanks in advance for breaking Cal's will last night, now we can beat them. We'll likely lose to Colorado, since UW doesn't play them. I heard a rumor that we're going to forfeit the Apple Cup to avoid getting our will broken and losing our bowl game.

One small bit of advice for Mighty UW, work on just beating these teams and not breaking their will, it will help your stength of schedule.

Yoonhawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2qyw2t6p said:
Cougs just blew out the team you needed overtime to beat by 62 points.

Just FYI. :stirthepot:

Kinda like how the Cougs almost lost to an Oregon State team Washington blew out?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Huskies and Ducks have played one another 109 times. The Huskies have won 59, Oregon has won 45, and there have been 5 ties. Ducks need another 14 straight wins to pull even. Not happening anytime soon.

As for the all time series with WSU- Huskies - They have met 108 times. The Huskies have won 70, Cougars have won 32, and there have been 6 ties. The Cougars haven't won the Apple Cup since 2012.

It's a plain historical dominance by the Huskies in both series.

At least the Apple cup is looking like a meaningful game this year for both Huskies and Cougars..

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1qg4733v said:
Huskies and Ducks have played one another 109 times. The Huskies have won 59, Oregon has won 45, and there have been 5 ties. Ducks need another 14 straight wins to pull even. Not happening anytime soon.

As for the all time series with WSU- Huskies - They have met 108 times. The Huskies have won 70, Cougars have won 32, and there have been 6 ties. The Cougars haven't won the Apple Cup since 2012.

Really there isn't any rivalry other than local teams being close in proximity. It's a plain historical dominance by the Huskies.

At least the Apple cup is looking like a meaningful game this year for both Huskies and Cougars..

Anything beyond 4 years ago is meaningless in college football. I'm pretty sure what happened in the 1962 season has very little impact on any current rivalries.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2bbry2w9 said:
hawkfan68":2bbry2w9 said:

Really there isn't any rivalry other than local teams being close in proximity. It's a plain historical dominance by the Huskies.

Anything beyond 4 years ago is meaningless in college football. I'm pretty sure what happened in the 1962 season has very little impact on any current rivalries.

What's meaningful is that the Ducks have been irrelevant more than they have been relevant. I get why you want to only go back 4 years ago based on the Duck history.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2j7mj4zd said:
JSeahawks":2j7mj4zd said:
hawkfan68":2j7mj4zd said:

What's meaningful is that the Ducks have been irrelevant more than they have been relevant. I get why you want to only go back 4 years ago based on the Duck history.

Oh. We can go back 20 if you want. But I get why you need to go back to your great, great, great grandpas era.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2frl1e81 said:
hawkfan68":2frl1e81 said:
JSeahawks":2frl1e81 said:
hawkfan68":2frl1e81 said:

Oh. We can go back 20 if you want. But I get why you need to go back to your great, great, great grandpas era.

UW has a CFB national championship....how many does Oregon have? That's what I thought. Whether that happened in the last four years or 25 years ago, it happened and thus is written in the record books. Oregon shows up as second best in the books when they had their opportunities.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2xn9aj0v said:
UW has a CFB national championship....how many does Oregon have? That's what I thought. Whether that happened in the last four years or 25 years ago, it happened and thus is written in the record books. Oregon shows up as second best in the books when they had their opportunities.

Well, Oregon has won the same number of championship games as Washington. You changed up the argument though. You were saying there's no rivalry cuz of washingtons historical dominance. I'm arguing that the historical winning percentage has no effect on the rivalry. Only an idiot would argue that the ducks have historically been better then Uw.

The ducks won a basketball championship back in the dark ages, but I've never once thought it made them better or worse now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3em9zp6w said:
hawkfan68":3em9zp6w said:

Well, Oregon has won the same number of championship games as Washington. You changed up the argument though. You were saying there's no rivalry cuz of washingtons historical dominance. I'm arguing that the historical winning percentage has no effect on the rivalry. Only an idiot would argue that the ducks have historically been better then Uw.

The ducks won a basketball championship back in the dark ages, but I've never once thought it made them better or worse now.

Point taken. I was only referring to college football. If you consider other sports national championships, Oregon blows the Huskies out of the water. They pretty much own them in Track and Field/ Cross Country competitions.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3gyu0yg0 said:
JSeahawks":3gyu0yg0 said:
hawkfan68":3gyu0yg0 said:

Point taken. I was only referring to college football. If you consider other sports national championships, Oregon blows the Huskies out of the water. They pretty much own them in Track and Field/ Cross Country competitions.
But UW kicks their ass in rowing...... so there is that. 8)

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Btw, ESPN"s College Gameday is going to be in Seattle next weekend. Who's going to get the Fire Helfrich sign front and center for me?

chris98251

Reaction score
JSeahawks":3pbjyo8g said:
Btw, ESPN"s College Gameday is going to be in Seattle next weekend. Who's going to get the Fire Helfrich sign front and center for me?

Why would we want to do that when we know your so happy with him.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/795049827885162497[/tweet]

There is, of course, the matter that Oregon has a coach in Mark Helfrich. He signed a 5-year, $17.5-million contract last February but, if Knight is truly willing to write a blank check for a new coach, he won’t be stopped by Helfrich’s buyout.

In the meantime, Oregon is still fighting for bowl eligibility at 3-6 with losses in six of their past seven games, allowing 35 points or more in each of them. The Ducks close the season with Stanford on Saturday, then back-to-back road trips to Utah and Oregon State.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... gon-coach/

chris98251

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":287jvlan said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/795049827885162497[/tweet]

There is, of course, the matter that Oregon has a coach in Mark Helfrich. He signed a 5-year, $17.5-million contract last February but, if Knight is truly willing to write a blank check for a new coach, he won’t be stopped by Helfrich’s buyout.

In the meantime, Oregon is still fighting for bowl eligibility at 3-6 with losses in six of their past seven games, allowing 35 points or more in each of them. The Ducks close the season with Stanford on Saturday, then back-to-back road trips to Utah and Oregon State.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.co ... gon-coach/

Then he should have paid Harbaugh money before he went to Michigan, would have been a tough sell still since Michigan is Harbaughs College, but that looks like the missed opportunity, very few coaches can take a college from worst to first so to speak, takes time to build and recruit, Uncle Phil may have missed the boat at 78.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
DJrmb":17vzi9at said:
You're welcome.

They haven't played a competitive game since we went in there and broke their will. You should understand that being a Seahawks fan but I can see that those crimson glasses have fogged your rational thinking abilities.

Good luck in the Apple Cup though step child... it's sad that Oregon is more of a rival anymore than the cougars. I miss the days of actual competition from you all.

I guess WSU broke Oregon then?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1zaexhez said:
DJrmb":1zaexhez said:
You're welcome.

I guess WSU broken Oregon then?

Oregon broke themselves with bad hires.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
JSeahawks":vho771ie said:
Seahawks1983":vho771ie said:
DJrmb":vho771ie said:
You're welcome.

I guess WSU broken Oregon then?

Oregon broke themselves with bad hires.

I was just pointing out how dumb that logic is.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1jeppto3 said:

No one from the state of Washington. We'd all love for Helfrich to stick around as long as he likes down there.

Latest posts