Hey Texans Fans.....

Maulbert

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":12or7kln said:
The Texans are mediocre and had a lucky day.

Mediocre? Maybe on defense without Watt, Mercilus, and Cushing. But they've scored at least 33 points in their last five games, with their losses to KC, the Cheatriots and us. That's not exactly mediocre.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3himzbhs said:
The Texans are mediocre and had a lucky day.

Mediocre?

Maybe but they are on the verge of making statements like this look really stupid.

I’d guess that more than half of the teams would love to be mediocre, if the Texans are in fact that.

Josea16

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3ayptzqw said:
Word son! Watson is a baller and your OC knows your team's strengths well.
Go knock the Patriots off the AFC pedestal.
Ged, wouldn't that be nice to have TWO AFC teams that can and will bitch slap New England back to where they belong and convince Brady to go be the runway model he's meant to be?

But seriously Houston won't even be .500 that division is all Jacksonville's.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
The offense does have all the pieces to be good, and did look a lot like our early russ days. The defense has some issues though. They had several pretty bad communication snafu's and their secondary needs some work. They are missing pieces and I haven't watched their other games so maybe it is different with their normal guys healthy.

Reading on their site they are pretty hard on their DC as well as hammering obrien for being too conservative in go situations. They are 3-4 and I'm guessing will probably end up in the 9-7 8-8 area.

Watson is fun to watch though and gave our defense some fits today. It will be interesting seeing how they build around him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Houston has a very good young team, they will be in the postseason and could surprise.

Felt like they came in to this game well prepared to score on our D.

Sure felt like it was a game where the team with the ball last was going to win.

Happy to escape with a W.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We know from experience that their window is wide open just as long as Watson is still on a rookie deal. It won’t close then but things will get a lot harder.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They have a lot to be excited about. I agree, definite parallels with the Seahawks. They get JJ and the others healthy, look out. Patriots who? Move over, there's a new AFC Sheriff in town for sure.

Josea16

Reaction score
jammerhawk":q1fzyyru said:
Houston has a very good young team, they will be in the postseason and could surprise.

Felt like they cam in to this game well prepared to score on our D.
Until Kansas City eviscerates them as usual. The AFC is so predictable that it actually hurts. Matchups sir, it's all about matchups.

Chiefs kill Houston, Pittsburgh kill Chiefs, New England kill Pittsburgh totally boring but totally fact. You want New England dead? Then you better hope Denver or Kansas City has homefield advantage in the AFC Championship game.

Thunderkyss

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately our defense is in worse shape than you realize. We'll have to go all Jacksonville in the offseason, bring in some hired guns to get to your 2012 defense.

But yeah... thought we had ya a couple of times. Just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we'll get another shot later this season.

Josea16

Reaction score
Thunderkyss":vyctwjrg said:
Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately our defense is in worse shape than you realize. We'll have to go all Jacksonville in the offseason, bring in some hired guns to get to your 2012 defense.

But yeah... thought we had ya a couple of times. Just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully we'll get another shot later this season.
Wow, you sir know what's up. Then again I live in Kansas City so I know the AFC like you and far better then 95% of the posters on this site. Your team is 7-9/6-10 level because your schedule is nasty and your defense is gone. Actually sucks because your quarterback is at least top 10, but it is what it is.

Because of Watson you actually have a shot at the playoffs though it would far better for the Texans if didn't make it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Thunderkyss":ff8ipxhm said:

A defense can be built way faster then a offense, a good draft of secondary and a key Linebacker and you all will be rolling.

Thunderkyss

Reaction score
Exittium":5p2r294i said:
file.php

Nice

Josea16

Reaction score
chris98251":2jwgvrx1 said:
Thunderkyss":2jwgvrx1 said:

A defense can be built way faster then a offense, a good draft of secondary and a key Linebacker and you all will be rolling.
True. You have your quarterback, you have a good OL. Those are the hardest to get.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Thunderkyss":199so414 said:

You know the difference between the Hawks and Texans? If this were the 2012 Hawks and there was 20 seconds left 2 time outs, The Hawks would still think they could win the game. The look on your offenses faces when we scored said all that was needed to be said the receiver didn't even look like he tried to contest the interception.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Tip of the cap to the Texans, tough team all the way to the end. The fans I talked to at the stadium were total class too.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Houston would be the Alabama of the NFL without all the injuries to defense.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
If we are addressing Texan fans one more sentiment I would like to add. Good luck to your team to beat the living crap out of the Rams when you play them. I hope your offense has an even better game against them.

Latest posts