Dareke Young

Ruminator

Reaction score
Not often does a 7th-round pick from a couple years ago stick with the team, but to this day, WR Dareke Young remains. From the digging around I did (and I admit I missed a lot of games, being out on the east coast), looks like he didn't play a ton, but when he did, was able to hold his own. Definitely has the skills and the size. I have the feeling we'll see much more of him this season.

Rat

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets his chance this off-season and doesn't become the next Bo Melton.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
According to Pro Football Reference, Dareke saw 109 snaps in 2022 (13%) in 13 games but only 9 snaps (3%) in just 6 games last year... yet he saw at least 60% of the Special Teams snaps in both years.

By comparison, in all 17 games last year, Jake Bobo saw 304 snaps (29%) on offense... nearly 3x what Dareke saw the year before Bobo arrived.

Clearly, Jake has taken over the WR4 position on the team.

OP
OP
Ruminator

Ruminator

Reaction score
According to Pro Football Reference, Dareke saw 109 snaps in 2022 (13%) in 13 games but only 9 snaps (3%) in just 6 games last year... yet he saw at least 60% of the Special Teams snaps in both years.

By comparison, in all 17 games last year, Jake Bobo saw 304 snaps (29%) on offense... nearly 3x what Dareke saw the year before Bobo arrived.

Good receiver to have waiting in the wings, spots will open up eventually.

JustTheTip

Reaction score

If MacDonald wants to be successful here, he better quickly realize the key is more Bobo.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I'll fault Pete for being soft-hearted on guys that keep getting injured, but the week before the draft Schneider said, "The best ability is availability". I've never heard him say that before and I think it signals a shift in FO mentality.

Young and Eskridge are on the inside track for WR5 & 6. I don't see anyone on the roster that's going to take their place in camp, but Eskridge's is up this year and Young in 2025. Both of those guys need to prove they can stay healthy and contribute or they're gone. No need for injury settlements if they just let their contracts expire either.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I'll fault Pete for being soft-hearted on guys that keep getting injured, but the week before the draft Schneider said, "The best ability is availability". I've never heard him say that before and I think it signals a shift in FO mentality.

Young and Eskridge are on the inside track for WR5 & 6. I don't see anyone on the roster that's going to take their place in camp, but Eskridge's is up this year and Young in 2025. Both of those guys need to prove they can stay healthy and contribute or they're gone. No need for injury settlements if they just let their contracts expire either.
The first time i had heard the “ your best ability is availability “ was Bill Parcells talking about often injured WR Terry Glenn, a reporter asked Parcells in a press conference how Glenn was doing with his hamstring injury Parcells answered “ she is progressing “

Jville

Reaction score
Not often does a 7th-round pick from a couple years ago stick with the team, but to this day, WR Dareke Young remains. From the digging around I did (and I admit I missed a lot of games, being out on the east coast), looks like he didn't play a ton, but when he did, was able to hold his own. Definitely has the skills and the size. I have the feeling we'll see much more of him this season.

Just to clarify and add an important detail.

Dareke Young underwent surgery before the start of 2023 season for an abductor injury and missed the first nine weeks. He made only 6 game appearances. It may be that deploying Young as a full back may have contributed to precipitating that abductor injury. The team had other wide receivers already up to speed. And, in 2023, they used a tight end on those occasions when a full back alignment was used. So, they were able to proceed carefully with limiting Dareke's playing time.

The key is competition! And, the wide receiver group has surplus talent to push each other to be the best they can be. This should be a very good year.

Rpqeysph6jtufen2bvir

Dareke Young is the Versatile Receiver >>> https://www.seahawks.com/news/4-things-to-know-about-seahawks-wide-receiver-dareke-young

toffee

Reaction score
If MacDonald wants to be successful here, he better quickly realize the key is more Bobo.
Lowercase "d". our young Macdonald is too humble to use "D". But his humbleness makes posting more laborious, as autocorrect always changes the d to D.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
It's wild because he's pretty elite in a lot of areas, but has a hard time finishing with the catch. Ball just bounces off his hands.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I wouldn't place too much weight on 2023 stats. Our O.C. was am idiot.
I wonder who came up with the TE alignments though. Those were genius as long as they were called.

Rat

Reaction score
The first time i had heard the “ your best ability is availability “ was Bill Parcells talking about often injured WR Terry Glenn, a reporter asked Parcells in a press conference how Glenn was doing with his hamstring injury Parcells answered “ she is progressing “
The only Patriots jersey I own and will probably ever own. RIP

Latest posts