Hip Injury for Clowney

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Well this doesn't sound good at all!!!!

Bob Condotta:

Pete Carroll said Jadeveon Clowney was away from the team today getting his hip injury looked at. He’ll meet the team in Philadelphia and will be a game-time decision after missing all three practices this week. Carroll said the hip injury is from the 49ers game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/jadeveon-clowney ... 42025.html

"Clowney has not practiced this week because of hip and foot injuries. He was away from the team Friday getting treatment for the hip issue, Pete Carroll said.

" 'He’s questionable at this point with a sore hip. He had a little off-campus treatment. We’ll see how he is on game day,' Carroll said, via Curtis Crabtree of Sports Radio KJR and PFT.

"Carroll said Clowney felt the injury out of the game against the 49ers. The team had an off week last week."

tl;dr: Didn't practice all week after a bye, wasn't at the facility at all due to medical needs.

But PHI's RT is out.

Ansah really has to step it up this game. Even if he's just insurance at this point, this is why you have insurance.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
That’s not good. Hopefully it’s something he can play thru.
I noticed he got dinged early in the digits game, but came back.

northseahawk

Reaction score
Better sit out this week. Let see what our 1st rounder looks like with a full game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Locked on Seahawks podcast mentkioned L.J. Collier might play, but I didn't hear detail. Anyone know?

It also talked about Shaquem and Ansah. Shaquem proved in the 49ers game his disruptive force as a speedster with his spin moves but had trouble moving McGlinchey. He can provide enough distraction to open up plays with his speed but needs help.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":38y4smgs said:
Ansah really has to step it up this game. Even if he's just insurance at this point, this is why you have insurance.

We're doomed if we're counting on Ansah to do something.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
We should have listened to the Detroit fanbase about that guy. I agree with you, but until Collier shows up (what is the delay anyway), his position seems secure until he steps it up and then goes to IR yet again.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":248eun39 said:
We should have listened to the Detroit fanbase about that guy. I agree with you, but until Collier shows up (what is the delay anyway), his position seems secure until he steps it up and then goes to IR yet again.

The delay is Collier isn't showing Pete anything in practice to give him the confidence to throw him out there for a serious workload of snaps.

Pete is a very "you have to show me I can trust and depend on you in practice" kind of coach.

IMO Collier is very much like Blair, the very worst thing that can happen to a rookie that the team is hoping steps up and balls out in the regular season is to get hurt in training camp and pre-season. It's so vital that they get those snaps and playing time to get enough experience and show the coaches they can be depended on when the snaps matter.

chris98251

Reaction score
This is interesting going forward, if Clowney has a degenerative or a injury with bone on bone then he will be going down hill fast, curious what he had done off campus so to speak much like Wright.

xray

Reaction score
That SF game cost many injuries to both teams it appears .

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Clowney's been ruled inactive. http://www.nfl.com/inactives

Jaron Brown WR Inactive
Jadeveon Clowney DE Inactive
Phil Haynes OG Inactive
C.J. Prosise RB Inactive
Neiko Thorpe DB Inactive
John Ursua WR Inactive
Luke Willson TE Inactive
Tyler Lockett WR Active

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Looks like the Seahawks may have the seahawk hangover...dangit.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This is going to be a long, depressing game me thinks. There is some hope with Lockett in however. I am praying for serious good luck today.

sutz

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1x5th87p said:
This is going to be a long, depressing game me thinks. There is some hope with Lockett in however. I am praying for serious good luck today.
Rest of the D covered for Clowney very well today. Even Ansah showed up. :irishdrinkers:

Latest posts