Historically bad defense

El Caliente

Reaction score
At least you had the refs to help you win today. This was the worst officiating in the history of the NFL. Just blatantly poor
How long have you been watching the NFL? Your own team had a worse ref job when they went up against the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

My team had to deal with a no call that cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

The piss poor officiating in todays game…todays game was for the noobs just cutting their teeth on bad officiating. Todays officiating has been pretty standard this season, but against the Saints. So no, I wouldn’t call todays officiating the worst that I’ve seen in history.

Vesuve

Reaction score
unbelieveable that you know for sure when they put Hill in, they were going to run the ball and they couldn't stop it no matter what they did. Really, really bad football
"It began as a mistake."

--Charles Bukowski

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
How long have you been watching the NFL? Your own team had a worse ref job when they went up against the Steelers in the Super Bowl.

My team had to deal with a no call that cost them a trip to the Super Bowl.

The piss poor officiating in todays game…todays game was for the noobs just cutting their teeth on bad officiating. Todays officiating has been pretty standard this season, but against the Saints. So no, I wouldn’t call todays officiating the worst that I’ve seen in history.
So a Phantom hold on Cross returns a TD. Another 4th down phantom hold on Woolen to extend a Saints scoring drive. Both teams are trash but you won because of the officials. Everyone knows it even you lol

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I would love to see Pete just once fire a coordinator (Hurtt) DURING the season, to give us a much needed spark. Not gonna happen though.

How does firing a D-coordinator give the defense a spark?

It's not Hurtt's fault he's been given dog crap for a defensive roster to work with AND, trying to install an entire new scheme.

- worst D-end room since the 90's
- thin D-tackle depth
- worst LB corp in a decade
- worst safety group since pre-LOB
- rookies on both sides of the CB position

And this is Hurtt's fault?

Are Taylor and Diggs even playing? They have no stats, and were suppose to be the anchors on this young defense, along with Brooks. Who is trying, but he's obviously over his ski's with having to take over the MLB role.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Remember last season when Dunlap was used very little in the beginning of the season? When he was playing he was dropping back instead of focusing on pass rush. I think it points to Clint Hurtt's influence than Norton. Once Dunlap was allowed to focus on pass rushing, the overall defense improved.

Also a call to KJ Wright is in order. Even if he unretired and came back now, without practice, he could tackle better than most of these guys.

Last edited:

Fade

Reaction score
How does firing a D-coordinator give the defense a spark?

It's not Hurtt's fault he's been given dog crap for a defensive roster to work with AND, trying to install an entire new scheme.

- worst D-end room since the 90's
- thin D-tackle depth
- worst LB corp in a decade
- worst safety group since pre-LOB
- rookies on both sides of the CB position

And this is Hurtt's fault?

Are Taylor and Diggs even playing? They have no stats, and were suppose to be the anchors on this young defense, along with Brooks. Who is trying, but he's obviously over his ski's with having to take over the MLB role.
Pete has a lot of picks and money invested in DL, LB, and S as well. Where is the accountability?

El Caliente

Reaction score
So a Phantom hold on Cross returns a TD. Another 4th down phantom hold on Woolen to extend a Saints scoring drive. Both teams are trash but you won because of the officials. Everyone knows it even you lol
I’m not confirming or denying that the refs played a major part in this Saints win. The refs were crap the entire time. As a Saints fan, bad officiating is par for the course in this man’s NFL.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I’m not confirming or denying that the refs played a major part in this Saints win. The refs were crap the entire time. As a Saints fan, bad officiating is par for the course in this man’s NFL.
Don’t worry I’ll confirm it for you. The Saints got a ref aided win no nicer way of putting it. Enjoy it and move on. Your squads sucks bro.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Don’t worry I’ll confirm it for you. The Saints got a ref aided win no nicer way of putting it. Enjoy it and move on. Your squads sucks bro.
Oh, you will get no gripes from me about the state of the Saints. We are not performing as expected for sure.

No surprise, but the Saints lead the league in turnovers and penalties. Yesterday the refs just hated us less.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The defense is indefensible. I got nothing.

It's been a spectacular disappointment so far, everywhere from talent to coaching.

FPD

Reaction score
Great teams overcome poor officiating! Unfortunately, while we look to have a great offense, we don't have a great team. I love this team and am rooting for these boys to pull it together. Even if it's just to the middle of the pack. Knock on wood!

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Great teams overcome poor officiating! Unfortunately, while we look to have a great offense, we don't have a great team. I love this team and am rooting for these boys to pull it together. Even if it's just to the middle of the pack. Knock on wood!
What if two great teams play each other? Your statement is silly.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Literally all day on local sports radio not one mention of the seahawks bad defense or any mention of Clint Hurt. LMFAO.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
So, 2005 Seahawks weren't great?

FPD

Reaction score
So, 2005 Seahawks weren't great?
They were a great Seahawks team. But they weren't great enough to overcome poor officiating (even if it may have been the worst officiating ever). So, overall, no, they weren't a great team (not that I would say Pitt was that year either).

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They were a great Seahawks team. But they weren't great enough to overcome poor officiating (even if it may have been the worst officiating ever). So, overall, no, they weren't a great team (not that I would say Pitt was that year either).
I dunno, man. I think it really depends on just how "jobbed" a team is in an individual game. Generally, great teams are able to beat it MOST times, but a 17 point swing like we saw in the Saints game is a hell of a thing to fight against. You'd have to absolutely blow out the other team, and you just can't rely on that regularly from even the legendary units.

FPD

Reaction score
What if two great teams play each other? Your statement is silly.
I don't see the issue. I didn't say there couldn't be more than one great team. To assume this from what I said is a logical fallacy.

And, just because I know you're thinking it, I didn't say a great team had to win the Super Bowl (think 1984 Miami Dolphins with Marino setting all kinds of records).

Latest posts