"Holdout" news of Earl Thomas

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
We'll end up trading him for a third and then turn that third in to 7 seventh rounders over multiple years. Only one of the players we draft will make the team as a backup.

hawk45

Reaction score
original poster":1uwcrtsj said:
I wasn't making arguments at all, it was a summary of the situation for most.

But I firmly stand by Pete Carroll is a defensive genius and I don't know how anyone could legitimately make an argument that he isn't to be honest.

I suppose I'd award genius to anyone who constructed the LOB that won it all and dominated for years. But genius isn't the issue for me.

All we know right now about Pete's ability to replenish is that he seems to easily replace CB2, linebackers other than Wagner, and that McDougald is a solid safety which I feel good about if he's playing next to Earl.

No knock on Pete, but the Earls of the world don't come around often and neither do the Shermans. None of us know at this point if Pete has the ability to pluck another Sherm from the later rounds, or if another Earl will fall to us or someone who is good enough that Pete can improve around other positions and make up for it.

Kam, Bennett, Avril, other older players on defense I'm fine with unloading. But the Bennett trade scares me that the value received in trade for a very good player is dicey. If a Cleveland wants to throw stupid picks at us for Earl then yes it should and will be considered. But the fact is this front office isn't dealing Earl unless they are blown away by the offer, nor should they. Ditto Wagner.