Home game in Vancouver

Swedishhawkfan

Reaction score
No offence to Canhawk ;) , but my experience when i lived in Vancouver is that there is no particular hawks support, rather widespread support among the popular teams that are currently winning.... So right NOW seahawks are probably superduper popular in vancouver, but it wasnt exatly 12th man north when T-Jack was running the show

RiverDog

Reaction score
The Bills playing in Toronto was more about politics than it was anything else. Prior to the sale of the franchise, the there were a lot of rumors that the Bills might be on the move some day, and with a large part of the fan base being from Canada, Toronto seemed to be a viable option if not for the presence of the CFL, of which the league has had a reluctance to disturb. Playing a home game in Toronto was a poke in the butt to some of the pols in upper New York State.

I'm all for playing preseason games in locations with suitable facilities outside the Seattle metro area, such as Portland, Eugene, or Vancouver. The first NFL game I ever watched was in the early 70's when the Niners played the Broncos in Spokane in what was then called an exhibition game and was back in the days when they had 6 preseason games. But I doubt that they'll even do that as they can make more money in their own stadium and the team wouldn't have to travel.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
TruHammer07":3nx7jpg7 said:
I read somewhere that the 10% of the 12th man is Canadian. How about a home game in Vancouver someday? BC place was renovated pretty nicely for the 2010 Olympics, 50,000 seat capacity.

Preseason seems like a no-brainer. Throw us Canadians a bone.

Obviously its not an attempt to move the team i.e. Buffalo > Toronto.

That's the worst idea I have ever heard. Leave the home of the 12th man? WTF r u smoking??? I guess some of those decriminalized drugs in Vancouver? LOL

On a separate note a preseason game there would be solid idea but HELL NO to a real game. Sorry bud

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1qk37odq said:
Bobblehead":1qk37odq said:
TruHammer07":1qk37odq said:
I read somewhere that the 10% of the 12th man is Canadian. How about a home game in Vancouver someday? BC place was renovated pretty nicely for the 2010 Olympics, 50,000 seat capacity.

Preseason seems like a no-brainer. Throw us Canadians a bone.

Obviously its not an attempt to move the team i.e. Buffalo > Toronto.

Will we ever get to see a Vancouver Hockey game in Seattle?

It's more of a priority to get a professional hockey team in Toronto first. :mrgreen:

Hey that is not very nice.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
Back in 98 ish ? The Hawks played the Niners in B.C. preseason...

My memory is a bit faded from that game , but what I do remember it was one hell of a weekend.

The Game was a snoozer but the fights in the stands kept things interesting . I do remember the guy next to me asking me where the 55 yard line went .

Latest posts