Homer/Lynch > Carson/Penny

Elemas

Reaction score
Not even close. Carson...no explanation necessary. Penny was starting to come into his own.

But, the question leads to an interesting point. Is the TEAM better with Homer and Lynch? We certainly don't have enough games to answer this but, the offensive play calling changed quite a bit and in my opinion, influenced RW to be more decisive with scrambling.

Philly had a stout run defense. Perhaps the playcalling wasn't a result of losing our best backs but, maybe we learned something after running our heads into a wall, huddle, repeat that we did against Dallas last year.

GBs run defense isn't that good...at all. I fear that we "stick with the gameplan" and decide to not mix it up. Under normal circumstances, with everyone healthy, I get it. Attack your opponent's weakness. PC already mentioned Lynch getting more carries. While I love Lynch and think both him and Homer should fair well vs GB, we really should play to OUR strengths which just so happens to not be our run game in it's current state.

We need to see DK and Tyler getting targeted (10+ each), play actions, and RW picking up 50+ on the ground. I don't think we win this with 17 or less. Especially if we're in our base, soft zone. Rodgers is going to pick that apart.

Jeez...huge rant..off-topic....

Carson/Penny > Homer/Lynch