Honest opinion on Rawls

warden

Reaction score
Way too early to give up on Rawls

Our issues with the run game go much deeper then who our RB is.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":24a8ach8 said:
SixSeahawk":24a8ach8 said:
"Thanks Marshawn for everything you've done, but we have Rawls now. We don't need you anymore.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out."

-All Seahawks fans at the end of last season.
Not this Seahawks fan, not even once!
Make that two. Rawls' sample size was so small last year, it was ridiculous that so many had that attitude. Especially after the game in Carolina. That was Marshawn's first game back, and he still wasn't 100%

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He's an injury prone Ahmad Bradshaw. I know that comparison has been made a lot, but it really is almost dead on.

Nothing special really.

Prosise has a lot more upside, but he's also made of glass it would seem. I would say that we almost need to sell out for Fornette in the draft, but he's an injury prone back too and I think he's actually sitting out the bowl game, essentially bailing on his team, for the sake of the draft. Not sure I want that, but the Bo Jackson like talent might be too enticing.

I'll be looking at backs more this year for sure.

On the flip side, Collins doesn't look like a chubby slow kid anymore. I don't know what the heck happened there, but he looks nothing like he did earlier....all running in molasses and quicksand. He's got 2 fumbles in very limited touches though so he's still got a long way to go. I want one more back next year. Especially since you know you're going to be without 1 or more of them for extended periods.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
zchurch74":3p574n7a said:
I really think he is a bust. He has had a few good games and he is shining in a group of mediocre backs.

UDFA can't really be bust. Heck a IDFA who is an average starter is a home run.

Rawls is the most boom or bust RB I can think of though. In any week the guy could go 15 for 150 or 15 for 15 and it doesn't seem like there's much in between for him. I've always just assumed it's a small sample size thing and if pressed I probably still think it is, but it's definitely something I've noticed about him.

Across these two years he's had what, maybe one average game? :lol:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3qcx6ybs said:
"Thanks Marshawn for everything you've done, but we have Rawls now. We don't need you anymore.

Not I. Those fans are a disgrace. Previous teams where Lynch lead in almost every way. This year's and even last year's team is Wilson lead and it's mentally weak and inconsistent. Not only was Lynch a generational talent, but he was a generational locker room character. He didn't ask to lead, people just followed. It's a far cry from the ra ra cheerleader nonsense we have now.

OP
OP
Thepeelsessions

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2m3hot0l said:
SixSeahawk":2m3hot0l said:

Not I. Those fans are a disgrace. Previous teams where Lynch lead in almost every way. This year's and even last year's team is Wilson lead and it's mentally weak and inconsistent. Not only was Lynch a generational talent, but he was a generational locker room character. He didn't ask to lead, people just followed. It's a far cry from the ra ra cheerleader nonsense we have now.
I endorse this post. Russell may be a leader on the field, but that doesn't seem to translate to leadership off of it.

GLio14

Reaction score
I love Rawls. I think he's got such talent with an incredible physical presence, and I feel like he's always set out to kill someone when he's on the field.

However, I feel like this guy gets nicked up every game, and it's a little concerning to me. I hope I'm wrong, but he seems incredibly injury prone. Just hope he shakes that label off of him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Popeyejones":hcupxjfh said:
zchurch74":hcupxjfh said:
I really think he is a bust. He has had a few good games and he is shining in a group of mediocre backs.

Rawls is the most boom or bust RB I can think of though. In any week the guy could go 15 for 150 or 15 for 15 and it doesn't seem like there's much in between for him. I've always just assumed it's a small sample size thing and if pressed I probably still think it is, but it's definitely something I've noticed about him.

Draft slate or UDFA has nothing to do with how good a player is or isn't. People need to get this out of their heads.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":14ivjqvv said:
SixSeahawk":14ivjqvv said:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1cumau78 said:
vin.couve12":1cumau78 said:
SixSeahawk":1cumau78 said:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :ditto: :ditto: :ditto:

That's fine but Lynch was clearly done last year. One foot out the door all season and ineffective when he played. Whether or not you think fans were showing him the appropriate amount of respect is irrelevant because he was never coming back this year.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1otx8t8f said:
Seymour":1otx8t8f said:
Doesn't matter who you put in the 1st half unless they can run thru a brick wall.
Ding, ding! Winner, winner chicken dinner!

I also agree that Cable's free pass has expired, but am not confident Pete will do the right thing.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk
Give Cable something to work with he is constantly asked to be a magician with what he has to work with ! He is not the problem IMHO

mrt144

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":w3sj3skn said:
Thepeelsessions":w3sj3skn said:
I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. I don't think there's any way he's a feature back. He's too fragile and leaves a lot of yards on the field. It's not like he had a leg injury. Tape up that shoulder, put your big boy pants on, and go out there and finish it! He's been a huge disappointment.

Not sure it was his choice, but I will say he does seem to be injured wayyyy too much.

This entire season has been a injury fiesta for the team and past seasons haven't been kind. How many of our <3 year players on offense have suffered a catastrophic injury? Lockett, Rawls, Prosise (maybe not in severity but in play time missed), Richardson all have now.

If PCJS are drafting higher injury risks subconciously that sucks, but what can you do? Draft moar Kearses? That'd go over well ;)

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I like Rawls, but as everyone else said the injuries are a major drawback at this point.

As weird as this sounds, he plays almost too physical imo. He wants to run everyone over, but his size at this level doesn't allow him to do that against much larger and stronger linebackers. His body isn't going to hold up unless he learns to pick his battles.

I'd rather see him roll around in the grass like Alexander did toward the end of his career than try to take on Kuechly and get destroyed and injured, for example. He needs to start protecting his body or he's not going to last much longer I'm afraid

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The guy doesn't look healthy to me. He doesn't have the explosive burst he had last year.

razor150

Reaction score
vin.couve12":uh3nd1lx said:
Popeyejones":uh3nd1lx said:
zchurch74":uh3nd1lx said:

Draft slate or UDFA has nothing to do with how good a player is or isn't. People need to get this out of their heads.

Where someone is drafted is a good messure of talent, and an expectation of what the team will get out of them. That is why high draft choices are really the only ones who can be considered busts since UDFA are usually at best role players. There is a reason why Rawls didn't play a lot in college and wasn't drafted. Once they've established themselves as good players, then draft positition doesn't matter, but Rawls hasn't done enough to be considered a good player.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I thought while seeing the game live yesterday that AC was just a better RB, honestly. He just looke more like what we need right now. There was little hesitation as he pounded his way forward.

I'm not much on Rawls.

quadsas

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2onldc3y said:
I thought while seeing the game live yesterday that AC was just a better RB, honestly. He just looke more like what we need right now. There was little hesitation as he pounded his way forward.

I'm not much on Rawls.

Easy when there's a 10 yard hole to run every time. Not easy when theres a 50 yard long brick wall in front you in case of Rawls

bighawk

Reaction score
In my honest and fair opinion he is trying to hard to replace lynch and he is injury prone but I still like him but beast mode had the power and girth to handle the pounding. Prosise and Rawls together I believe is a great combo. The both of them can't handle a full load. They need each other.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
warden":3nikpny2 said:
Way too early to give up on Rawls

Our issues with the run game go much deeper then who our RB is.

It's not even giving up on him really.

It's more a case of this... if this team wants to truly rejuvenate the running game in the off-season, what happens if Rawls and Prosise just get banged up again and we're in the exact same situation as this year?

What reason is there to believe either can stay healthy?

So if you take the chance and they get hurt, it could be another wasted year. If you don't take the chance and draft a RB early -- you're open to criticism if that guy also gets hurt or doesn't have the desired impact.

Which is kind of why I think they need as close to a sure thing back there as you can possibly find. Someone with legit talent and toughness -- so then there's no second guessing. Hard to find.

Latest posts