Hopefully our Guinness record doesn't fall Monday

Silentwander

Reaction score
Congrats Arrowhead with 10k seat capacity more than Clink. It doesn't matter to me. I know we would win again if we have 10k seats more. I think it is not real compare because of seat capacity. Being loud is enough. Guinness is just record.

The Lombardi and loyal 12s vs Guinness. I am happy that we have lombardi that is all matter to me. Move on and keep cheer for our team and hope for second lombardi.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The worst part of last night is hearing Al Michael's say "maybe the Seahawks will have to pay Guinness to now come back to Seattle."

We pay? This just makes me hate this stupid crap even more. WE pay for Guinness to get free publicity? GTFO of here with this nonsense, it's time to stop the insanity.

jhern87

Reaction score
Well with a capacity of almost 10k more than the Clink, I should hope they'd be louder. Congrats to them. They can be #1 in the stands, we'll be #1 on the field.

gulliver

Reaction score
We won the most recent Super Bowl. We started an earthquake. I think we even started the most recent 'round' of the noise record competition, and KC decided to try to one-up us with 10k+ extra seats?

What's kind of amazing about us doing it is that, as far as I know, we're not doing the whole decibel meter graphic and officially dragging the whole Seahawks organization into it like the Chefs are. We just happen to be loud as hell.

Man I can't wait to go there this season and slap 'em around. See how loud it gets then :) I'll be there in person.

MLOhawks

Reaction score
Largent80":6jy64ldj said:

Only pathetic losers who have a sad existence act like this. They have achieved nothing in their lives so the only way to feel like less of a loser is to whoop it up as a fan of a football team that is winning. When football is all you have in your life, your life sucks.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm glad that if a different team has it, it's the Chiefs. They are a hard luck team in the middle of nowhere, and yet they always seem to sell out tickets and make noise for their team. It would bother me if some finesse franchise with fair weather fans (Atlanta, etc) got the record. But the Chiefs? I'm cool with that.

All that being said, I'm tempted to call bullshit on this record. I watched the whole game and the noise level during the game was nowhere near what a typical Seahawks game is. No shaking cameras, no commentary on the deafening loudness, the noise usually didn't begin until the Pats were about to snap the ball, and though it's hard to judge decibels on TV, it just didn't seem any louder than an ordinary NFL game. I wonder if the record was set before kickoff, because the game itself seemed unremarkable in terms of noise.

There wasn't any kind of epic feel to the stadium environment. You would like to see the record being held by some kind of majestic stadium experience, and this wasn't one of them. Maybe their stadium is sneaky loud, I dunno. But it didn't seem to be on par with Century Link to me, much less 5 DB louder.

chrispy

Reaction score
chrispy":1hn1hh5l said:
We should invite Guinness back to CLink for the game on Sunday Jan 18th.

The point here was that we'll actually have a game at CLink on Jan 18th.... Sorry. I'll try to be a little more blunt next time.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chrispy":2jjoyq81 said:
chrispy":2jjoyq81 said:

The point here was that we'll actually have a game at CLink on Jan 18th.... Sorry. I'll try to be a little more blunt next time.

I got pwned :mrgreen:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Let's invite Guinness to Super Bowl XLIX so they can record loudest neutral site fan base noise. When Seahawks fans show up and devastate the competition while Chiefs players and their fans are watching from home, we'll have made a real statement.

8)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
volsunghawk":kemlw2s6 said:
chrispy":kemlw2s6 said:

I would rather completely ignore Guinness from here on out and instead have the Seahawks go into KC on Nov. 16th and quiet their fans via blowout.

Wholeheartedly agree with this as opposed to the meaningless one-upmanship.

Beast Mode

Reaction score
Cool for them, but we've seen how the crowd noise affects games at the Clink. We've seen elite quarterbacks crumble at the Clink. No record is going to take that away from us.

The least the Seahawks can do is shut them up in six weeks. :stirthepot:

253hawk

Reaction score
Once communication for the offense is disrupted, it may as well be 1000 dB. Diminishing returns. Loud is loud, who gives a crap what the number is.

Funny though, how they set the record both times fairly late in each game with a respectable lead and 10% more people. At least ours was a bit more dynamic (during Bennett's fumble return vs Saints.)

[youtube]kYwGDOlaPQ4[/youtube]

Reaneypark

Reaction score
253hawk":r4xjxrlv said:
Once communication for the offense is disrupted, it may as well be 1000 dB. Diminishing returns. Loud is loud, who gives a crap what the number is.

Funny though, how they set the record both times fairly late in each game with a respectable lead and 10% more people. At least ours was a bit more dynamic (during Bennett's fumble return vs Saints.)

[youtube]kYwGDOlaPQ4[/youtube]

Thanks for posting that video, freakin unreal!

cesame

Reaction score
They can have the record all they want

We have the reputation at this point. Think loudest crowd and toughest place to play and everyone will say the 12th Man.

Just the way it is.