How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?

seedhawk

Reaction score
My gut instinct tells me PC tells Bevell to run right at them. Straight power game. Also, he tells Quinn to make sure the LOB keeps everything in front of them. Cards D is now a ton like our "bandit" package from 4 years ago. They make do with LB's and extra S's. 3 of their wins have come because of big big plays in the last couple minutes of the game. Ergo, dont try the edge, go straight at them, and for god's sake keep everything in front of you.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawks46":2s27yjtm said:
Arizona's run defense isn't what it was last year. They've lost a lot of good talent on that side of the ball. They're still playing well, but we can run on them, unlike last year.

Now, if we can run on them, it should open up the PA. IF Bevell can pull his head out of his ass, we can beat these guys over the top. They've given up more big plays in the passing game than we have this year.

The other thing to remember: believe it or not, this is the team we can 2nd most afford to lose to (Rams being first). Trust me, I'd rather win here than go into a must win game at their house, but we need to beat Philly, sweep the Niners, and beat AZ at least once. That gives us 10 wins right there.

I think we find a way to win this one.
But will it open up the PI? That's what we need to win, evidentally.

Largent80

Reaction score
AZ obviously has a good team. I do think after watching a large amount of their games (same as SF) they have benefitted form catching teams on their schedule at the "right time".

We have all seen this happen this year more than ever.

What I like about the Hawks presently is that we seem to be gelling all the way around. I mean, as a TEAM.

It hasn't felt that way going all the way back to the 1st preseason game. I hope it isn't too late but I think we are about to rip whomever we play a new shiny, but tattered asshole.

ringless

Reaction score
It is looking like Fitzgerald will miss this game, as well as Ed Stinson. Two more huge losses this week for the Cardinals. I think Fitz was able to play on it Sunday because of adrenaline, but a grade 2 is pretty serious, and I am sure he was feeling it Monday. I know I had a pretty bad injury snowboarding that I finished the day on and then was in pain for months after while the tendons healed

ringless

Reaction score
When we went up against the Cowboys who were the NFL #1 rush offense at the time we actually changed our scheme to run a 4 man front instead of the 3-4 we normally run. Todd Bowles seems to change these things up. I obviously feel we are going to try to run it like last year. Stanton has the bad habit of absolutely staring down receivers, and not progressing to second reads often choosing who he is going to throw to before the ball is snapped. I'd expect Arians to limit him more than usual in Seattle in hopes of minimizing mistakes to give us a shot to compete. Just some thoughts anyways

scutterhawk

Reaction score
How are the Hawks going to beat the Cardinals?

Like they are redheaded stepchildren. :twisted:

HansGruber

Reaction score
ringless":cpbmlasw said:
"I'd expect Arians to limit him more than usual in Seattle in hopes of minimizing mistakes to give us a shot to compete."

This cracked me up. In a sad way. On the one hand, it's flattering to hear Cards fans giving us all this credit. On the other, I look at both teams this season (and I've watched very Cards game in full thanks to NFL Game Rewind), and I sadly know deep down in my heart that we have very little hope of beating Arizona. I really don't understand all the analysts saying we'll win. Arizona is just completely dominant on defense right now. I thought their secondary might be their one weakness, giving up big plays, but they just completely shut down Detroit and it was painful to watch. They had no problem at all making Tate and Calvin just completely disappear.

Mad props to the birds. I called it with my friends early this season, saying they'd win the Superbowl this season, and I honestly think that will happen. And wouldn't it be fun to watch two great NFCW teams win their first Lombardis in back to back seasons? I've got no problems with AZ fans, have always had fun attending games there and haven't met any idiots from that fanbase, so I'll be rooting you guys on in the postseason once we're eliminated.

Of course, I want the Seahawks to win. I just don't see it happening. If the Seahawks win this Sunday, I'll be jacked out of my mind because that will be our biggest victory of the last 3 seasons (outside of the Superbowl of course).

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2ul9xaxr said:
The way we are playing this year vs the way they have been playing tells me that

we have NO CHANCE to beat them at home next week.

We are staring an 8-8 season right in the face.

This post is pure gold.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I dunno, but I'm sure that Mr. Gruber still maintains the utmost confidence that the Cards are shipping the Super Bowl this year. After all, he's watched them play games.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1sogugsl said:
RunTheBall":1sogugsl said:
This post is pure gold.

The beauty of posts like that are that the authors always fancy themselves as "realists" who just "get it" more than the homers do.

There is a middle-ground you know.

It's ok to respect Arizona and what they have accomplished and realizing that playing in Seattle is freaking hard to do. We lost to KC who the next week lost to Oakland.

Anyone suggesting that any NFL team doesn't have a chance winning a game is a full on bazooba, a mental midget.

Being realistic that this team is significantly less talented than they were last year is doing just that. Realizing that luck and being hot and at the same time healthy will play a significant role in our success this year is not doing anything other than being realistic.

Suggesting that this team is even a slight favorite to win a SB, no less make the playoffs? Stop it, you're kidding yourself.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
SonicHawk":259gms6n said:
There is a middle-ground you know.

It's ok to respect Arizona and what they have accomplished and realizing that playing in Seattle is freaking hard to do. We lost to KC who the next week lost to Oakland.

Anyone suggesting that any NFL team doesn't have a chance winning a game is a full on bazooba, a mental midget.

Being realistic that this team is significantly less talented than they were last year is doing just that. Realizing that luck and being hot and at the same time healthy will play a significant role in our success this year is not doing anything other than being realistic.

Suggesting that this team is even a slight favorite to win a SB, no less make the playoffs? Stop it, you're kidding yourself.

I don't even...what? Who said any of that stuff about us being a favorite to do any of those things? I picked us to lose at Kansas City and have said that I think that the game at SF is a virtual coin flip, though I'm cautiously holding some mild optimism that we can win that one.

This post makes so little sense, I'm very confused. We were laughing about a post saying we had no chance yesterday, the very type of thing that, when said, makes someone a "bazooba" according to you. Then you launch into an actual realistic take as if we were making fun of that. Like...huh?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It's not all that classy to rub people's nose in it for being wrong.

Hans, for example, wasn't all that wrong about Arizona's defense. I just don't think we were prepared for our defense to rejuvenate like they did. :D

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":37yh80h1 said:
It's not all that classy to rub people's nose in it for being wrong.

I think this strongly depends on how the statements were made to begin with. I would certainly agree in some cases and certainly disagree in other cases.

Basically: if someone takes an abrasive know-it-all tone while saying something absurd, then they get what they get. And if people consider me to ever take that tone in any statements I make, I expect the same sort of treatment in return.

A

Anonymous

:thcoffee:

Can't we all just get along?

I probably should remind people that this place is THE place to say whatever you want to say/predict/worry about/bitch about.... Unless that post is attacking, or otherwise breaks our quite-lenient rules, this board is a free speech platform regarding our beloved Seahawks. Whether you blindly guarantee all Hawks victories, or think the season is completely a wash, nothing is more irritating than someone who's got a measuring tape out instead of simply typing their own opinion.

Quite frankly, I find posts commenting on, or eluding to another member's intelligence, as the ultimate sign of weakness in a person. Disagreeing with the content of another member's posts is part of a healthy conversation and shows a level of tolerance and decency. Pointing out the faults of others is the ultimate sign of, well, you fill in the blanks.

Please, by all means, carry on.