How do Pats match up with us?

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":a2m4okno said:
We were tough up the middle before we lost Mebane and Hill, but we're still the best defense in the NFL. Those injuries don't change what's going to happen to any reciever going across the middle. Our secondary can stay with their man as long as they need to. I respect NE, but I think the NFC is just tougher, and they haven't seen anything lik ewhat they'll be running into in two weeks. Gronk could have a good game, but he's just one guy and it won't be enough. GO HAWKS!

That's really great that your defense had great stats during the regular season and all, but that means absolutely nothing in 2 weeks. The fact of the matter is that the strengths/weaknesses of your defense don't really match up well with our offense. Blount will be able to run up the middle. Brady will be able to complete short/intermediate passes and passes out of the backfield to Vereen. We won't take unnecessary shots at Sherman. There are plenty of others ways in which we can move the ball. This is why our versatility is so important. We can take advantage of your defense's weaknesses.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HeatEquation":ewmwoirl said:
Apparently you have no idea what versatile and well coached means.

Versatility - capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavor, etc.

This offense can game plan against any opponent and can beat you in multiple ways. Does it have as much talent as last year's Denver Broncos? No. But talent alone will never win a championship anyways. This offense is playing far better than Denver's was playing last year in the playoffs, however. This is due to the many ways in which they can beat you and due to the coaching. Belichick has put on a coaching clinic since week 4 and is far superior in every aspect to Fox.

It's also a more physical offense than Denver's (who had a physically and mentally weak team overall last season.)

2013-11-18-21_59_49.gif

Hawks46

Reaction score
I remember reading about how Baldwin beat Browner in practice a lot, and talked smack about it. Baldwin is so sudden in and out of his breaks, and that's the kind of WR that gives BB trouble.

We should be able to run it on NE.

The other nice thing is that Brady isn't nearly as mobile as Rodgers. That mobility gives us trouble as our DE's tend to get quick pressure that makes guys move. Brady is good at sliding around in the pocket, but he's similar to Manning in that he doesn't like to get moved off of his spot.

Right now, I'd have us as a 6 point underdog. We'll see in a week where we are in terms of injuries. If Britt can come in and play like he has been playing, that's a huge upgrade to what we had yesterday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HeatEquation":1j0eu8f5 said:
Your defense is vulnerable up the middle, and I believe we will be able to run with Blount. We won't run all over you like we did against Indy, but we will run enough to remain balanced.

Aren't you getting too excited over one game against a very average run defense?

The Pats were 18th in rushing during the regular season, that's far more indicative of the kind of run game you have over Blount going off on a poor Colts front 7.

#1 overall D in the league? Hawks, and top 5 rush D.

Yes we have a thin interior D, but far better O-lines and far better RB's than Blount and the Pats haven't rushed on the Hawks this year, including the playoffs with this version of the D-line.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3e4qcztg said:
2hawk22":3e4qcztg said:
HeatEquation":3e4qcztg said:
Your defense will be exposed in 2 weeks.
We hear this every week and it never happens so move along troll.

Except you haven't faced an offense as versatile and as well coached as ours in the last 2 years.

I like your opinion that the Patriots were conveniently poorly coached and manned back in October 2012, right when the Legion first shut them down. Right when you needed them to be poorly coached and manned for the sake of THIS conversation.

The Packers were supposed to have been a lot better than they were in September, too. You saw how that one went. If not for our own mistakes, they might not have had so much as a point.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HeatEquation":2r8mvvkz said:
Lords of Scythia":2r8mvvkz said:
We were tough up the middle before we lost Mebane and Hill, but we're still the best defense in the NFL. Those injuries don't change what's going to happen to any reciever going across the middle. Our secondary can stay with their man as long as they need to. I respect NE, but I think the NFC is just tougher, and they haven't seen anything lik ewhat they'll be running into in two weeks. Gronk could have a good game, but he's just one guy and it won't be enough. GO HAWKS!

That's really great that your defense had great stats during the regular season and all, but that means absolutely nothing in 2 weeks. The fact of the matter is that the strengths/weaknesses of your defense don't really match up well with our offense. Blount will be able to run up the middle. Brady will be able to complete short/intermediate passes and passes out of the backfield to Vereen. We won't take unnecessary shots at Sherman. There are plenty of others ways in which we can move the ball. This is why our versatility is so important. We can take advantage of your defense's weaknesses.

Odd.. this sounds eerily similar to the Packers game plan yesterday.. and we just beat them even with 5 turnovers and our starting QB playing the worst game (including Pop Warner, High School, College, NFL, pick up games of Madden 04, arcade games of NFL Blitz) of his life.

The Patriots are not the 2013 Broncos .. absolutely agree there. And the Super Bowl will be close. But you're vastly underrating this defense right now. Which is how I'd expect most arrogant Boston fans to be

It's cool though.. February 1st will be fun.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3o7r3r89 said:
HeatEquation":3o7r3r89 said:
Lords of Scythia":3o7r3r89 said:

Odd.. this sounds eerily similar to the Packers game plan yesterday.. and we just beat them even with 5 turnovers and our starting QB playing the worst game (including Pop Warner, High School, College, NFL, pick up games of Madden 04, arcade games of NFL Blitz) of his life.

The Patriots are not the 2013 Broncos .. absolutely agree there. And the Super Bowl will be close. But you're vastly underrating this defense right now. Which is how I'd expect most arrogant Boston fans to be

I've seen GB stall in the RZ one too many times against a variety of teams. So while I do believe your defense is very good, excuse me if I don't put too much stock in holding them to FGs. That's something several teams have done this season, including NE (IN Lambeau.)

Whereas we've been perfect in the RZ this postseason. I can also assure you that Belichick won't ever go conservative like McCarthy did yesterday. We have several weapons that are very effective in the RZ. Gronk being the main one. But Edelman is very adept at getting open near the EZ, Blount is a big physical RB who can pound the ball, Vereen is a dual threat out of the backfield, Tim Wright has 6 TDs this year and most of them have come from just outside the goal line.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3l2sx895 said:
Hasselbeck":3l2sx895 said:
HeatEquation":3l2sx895 said:
Lords of Scythia":3l2sx895 said:

I've seen GB stall in the RZ one too many times against a variety of teams. So while I do believe your defense is very good, excuse me if I don't put too much stock in holding them to FGs. That's something several teams have done this season, including NE (IN Lambeau.)

Whereas we've been perfect in the RZ this postseason. I can also assure you that Belichick won't ever go conservative like McCarthy did yesterday. We have several weapons that are very effective in the RZ. Gronk being the main one. But Edelman is very adept at getting open near the EZ, Blount is a big physical RB who can pound the ball, Vereen is a dual threat out of the backfield, Tim Wright has 6 TDs this year and most of them have come from just outside the goal line.

The Seahawks won't turn the ball over 5 times with Russell Wilson throwing 4 INTs in a game again either...that happened yesterday but I bet it won't happen in Arizona on Feb 1.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
hawkfan68":265orjlm said:
The Seahawks won't turn the ball over 5 times with Russell Wilson throwing 4 INTs in a game again either...that happened yesterday but I bet it won't happen in Arizona on Feb 1.

That's fine. I'm sure we won't either. We don't need to rely on turnovers. I'm confident we can win the majority of the match ups out on the field.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3rjuaemj said:
hawkfan68":3rjuaemj said:

That's fine. I'm sure we won't either. We don't need to rely on turnovers. I'm confident we can win the majority of the match ups out on the field.

Likewise...so I feel confident about the Seahawks' ability to win their share of matchups. So what's your purpose on here on a Seahawk forum? We hope you enjoyed your stay....feel free to leave. No one here will miss you.

cesame

Reaction score
What's not being talked about is the fact that NE is a middle of the pack defense per DVOA when it comes to stopping the run and getting after the QB.

Seattle will be able to move the ball on that defense, especially if the read option gets going.

Seattle's #1 defense 3 years in a row speaks for itself. They always show up.

marko358

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3s8xc6cg said:
It's also a more physical offense than Denver's (who had a physically and mentally weak team overall last season.)

So physically and mentally weak that your team couldn't beat them while we trounced them.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
The interior of our line will decide the game. The center of the NE D is not good; even Wilfork is getting pushed around. If Seattle controls the tempo, and score points, LaFell and Edelmen are not good enough to score the difference. And they will have to. Expect Seattle to focus on Gronk, and let's remember what this team did to Graham twice last year.

Largent80

Reaction score
HeatEquation":3dm919vj said:
Largent80":3dm919vj said:
We faced a couple of very good O-Lines the last 2 weeks, and NE's is NOT as good as either of those lines.

I still think NE had a fairly easy go of it this year, and the Hawks just showed the world that they can win in any fashion.

As opposed to Seattle who had to face that juggernaut of a team in the Panthers.

Look dude, you can downplay all you want. WE are the defending SB champs and you haven't even sniffed the SB for years. You can downplay the NFC as well, but the fact is the AFC is in the back seat as far as competition goes. In case you missed last years SB since your team was nowhere near it. Denvers historic offence got dismantled by these Seahawks. Before you start thumping your chest, you had better hope our plane crashes on the way to the game.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
marko358":2h0cwv2f said:
HeatEquation":2h0cwv2f said:

So physically and mentally weak that your team couldn't beat them while we trounced them.

We had our top players on both sides of the ball on IR. No one on defense to limit them and no one on offense to keep up with them. Brady's #2 receiver that game was a STer.

The fact that they only beat us by 10 in their house shows how flawed of a team they were.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Don't feed the trolls. Dude doesn't know anything about football, and is clearly just here because he's a 14 year old chest beater.

HeatEquation

Reaction score
Largent80":346btbup said:
HeatEquation":346btbup said:
Largent80":346btbup said:
We faced a couple of very good O-Lines the last 2 weeks, and NE's is NOT as good as either of those lines.

I still think NE had a fairly easy go of it this year, and the Hawks just showed the world that they can win in any fashion.

As opposed to Seattle who had to face that juggernaut of a team in the Panthers.

Look dude, you can downplay all you want. WE are the defending SB champs and you haven't even sniffed the SB for years. You can downplay the NFC as well, but the fact is the AFC is in the back seat as far as competition goes. In case you missed last years SB since your team was nowhere near it. Denvers historic offence got dismantled by these Seahawks. Before you start thumping your chest, you had better hope our plane crashes on the way to the game.

Why would I do that? Then I'd miss the beating we will put on your team, which would be more devastating then any plane crash could accomplish.

In all seriousness, I do respect your team. You have a good squad. But your SB ring from a year ago is irrelevant to me. This NE will not be stopped this year. I get that it comes off as arrogant, but I love the majority of the match ups, as previously described in detail.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hawk45":22359a5m said:
Chukarhawk":22359a5m said:
falcongoggles":22359a5m said:
I am much more worried this year than last. The Patriots are built to be Seattle kryptonite.

-dink and dunk capable QB that can cut up our LBs
-strong opposing o-line
-quick release QB able to neutralize pass rush
-strong DBs
-Bowling ball of running back
-Decent pash rush

Seahawks have to 100% purge the demons from this weekend to win

Except the RB, you just described Denver last year.

- Coach and QB who won't crap the bed on the biggest stage

What would you call what the PATS have done their last 2 Super Bowl Appearances, then?

HeatEquation

Reaction score
jlwaters1":381xzpfs said:
hawk45":381xzpfs said:
Chukarhawk":381xzpfs said:
falcongoggles":381xzpfs said:
I am much more worried this year than last. The Patriots are built to be Seattle kryptonite.

-dink and dunk capable QB that can cut up our LBs
-strong opposing o-line
-quick release QB able to neutralize pass rush
-strong DBs
-Bowling ball of running back
-Decent pash rush

Seahawks have to 100% purge the demons from this weekend to win

Except the RB, you just described Denver last year.

- Coach and QB who won't crap the bed on the biggest stage

What would you call what the PATS have done their last 2 Super Bowl Appearances, then?
Losing to a team that had the formula to beat us (exceptional Dline who could generate interior pressure.) Seattle doesn't have that.

Largent80

Reaction score
OK, the first "fan" shows up with the same schtick as every other team we have laid waste to with the same rhetoric.

How in the hell do the Seahawks even stand a chance?

In the words of Bugs Bunny.....[youtube]C_Kh7nLplWo[/youtube]