How do we beat the Rams?

Erebus

Reaction score
I'm just going to ask this open-ended question and hope for some answers, because I don't have any.

On the bright side, one of their best players won't see the field on Sunday (Johnny Hekker).

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You think the Rams are that much better than the seahawks?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Pressure Goff so he throws 2-3 int's. Hope the offense can put up 35.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2glnjpwd said:

QB: Seahawks
WR: Seahawks (maybe... depends on OC)
DL: Rams
OL: Toss up
LB: Seahawks (maybe)
DB: Rams
ST: Rams
RB: Rams (injury influenced)
OC: Rams
DC: Rams
HC: Draw

Overall: RAMS

Uncle Si

Reaction score
idahohawk":341kqx1e said:
Uncle Si":341kqx1e said:

Yes, actually.

Is it there 5-3 record, loss to the Dolphins,or 9ers that worry you the most?

I think the Rams are a good team, but people seem ready to jump off cliff over the Hawks team..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
idahohawk":1aehli1a said:
Uncle Si":1aehli1a said:

Why is the Rams ST, OC,or HC considered better? I'd disagree significantly on all 3.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3l8jb6vn said:

The way Wilson and Goff are playing...lol.

Throw in that Metcalf has bumped their WRs above ours, and the offense as a whole is just better.

I guess you could argue that the gap between our offense and your defense is smaller than the gap between your offense and our defense. But Wilson makes up for that.

The only reason I think we win is that McVay seems to have something over Carroll and I think we're the more desperate team. And we're at home, but I'm not sure if that means anything, although we are 3-0 at home and 2-3 on the road.

And I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose - Wilson has a destiny feel to him this year.

Momofantv

Reaction score
QB- Seattle
RB- rams Bc injuries
WR- rams Bc they scheme better in terms of raw talent Seattle
Oline- draw
DLine- rams
LB - draw more rams Bc they will scheme KJ on a fast WR.
CB- rams even if jalen is hurt we have both starters probably out
Safety’s - this game rams once again schemes are going to force adams in coverage instead of the box
OC- rams
DC-rams
HC- Seattle has the better HC but mcvay will make better game plans and adjustments

Ramfan128

Reaction score
idahohawk":50bzss8x said:
Uncle Si":50bzss8x said:

Our special teams are trash this year save for Hekker. In terms of head to head though, I would give McVay the edge over Carroll. 4-2 with the worse QB (by far) in every game.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Goff has had four great games in a row against Seattle the last two years, so that's the question mark to me. I have some doubts that he will do it Sunday - he always torches Seattle + worst defense in the NFL = ?

Common sense says he has a great game, but idk - something is wrong with our offense this year, and it's been a whacky season overall.

I think it's pretty simple though - if he has a great game, well win.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1y45o627 said:
idahohawk":1y45o627 said:
Uncle Si":1y45o627 said:

Our special teams are trash this year save for Hekker. In terms of head to head though, I would give McVay the edge over Carroll. 4-2 with the worse QB (by far) in every game.

Maybe on the HC.. im just not sold on McVay. He seems like a guy thats very good at being the best.. but struggles if its not easy.

Will be interesting.. my concern is the Rams D forces Wilson like the Bills did.

idahohawk

Reaction score
Mostly their ability to own the Seahawks regardless of record, and their superiority on offensive design and domination of DL. This won't be close.

Uncle Si":5o2dm2x2 said:
idahohawk":5o2dm2x2 said:
Uncle Si":5o2dm2x2 said:

Yes, actually.

I think the Rams are a good team, but people seem ready to jump off cliff over the Hawks team..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Superiority on offensive design?

You're pretty down on the team it seems.

idahohawk":1wk3owu8 said:
Mostly their ability to own the Seahawks regardless of record, and their superiority on offensive design and domination of DL. This won't be close.

Uncle Si":1wk3owu8 said:
idahohawk":1wk3owu8 said:
Uncle Si":1wk3owu8 said:

Yes, actually.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Here's Jerhawk's keys to victory:

1.) Slow down the fly sweep.
This play has absolutely destroyed us, and Mcvay uses it like a 10 year old playing Madden. And our defense is like on rookie mode. When they see Woods or Cupp or Reynolds in motion, it's as if their entire week of preparation goes out the window. They freeze like a deer in headlights as Cupp/Woods runs by them. Stop that play! It'll make their play action off of said play less effective as well. In order to do this, the d line needs to:

2.) Rush straight up field north/South
When the d line starts rushing side to side, that's how the Rams fool you, and Mcvay chuckles on the sideline. It's like stealing candy from a baby. Our d line needs to stay disciplined and rush straight up the field. This will slow down their stretch, fly sweep and other simple plays that makes Carroll's mind explode.

3.) Short passing game
We can not, I repeat in all caps now so Carroll/Schneider can read my lips: YOU CAN NOT CALL LONG DEVELOPING PASSING PLAYS. Unless you want to send Wilson home in a cast, they need to shorten up the passing game. Donald will absolutely destroy Pocic. Damien Lewis might slow him down, but Donald lines up over the center, they might as well spike it. That play is over. Call quick passing plays. Quick slants, curls, outs to Metcalf/lockett. Run the ball with some misdirection. Utilize traps and draws.

4.) Screen plays
And my final point, for the love of God Seattle, call a screen to slow down their pass rush. It's a legal play. Use it. It will counter the zone blitz that we're guaranteed to see, and will potentially (maybe) wear down Donald.

Seattle can win this game if they follow these steps.
Our defense needs to cover and tackle and look like they know what they're doing. Wilson needs to protect the ball and the offense needs to convert on 3rd down to keep long sustained drives. The less our defense is on the field, the more hair I'll have left on my head.

Thank you

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Is there any way we are capable of playing that same front that the Dolphins and Pats past had success with? Front 7 has to be incredibly disciplined with their assignments vs getting caught up in all the motion.

LTH

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1j0rlhsa said:
Goff has had four great games in a row against Seattle the last two years, so that's the question mark to me. I have some doubts that he will do it Sunday - he always torches Seattle + worst defense in the NFL = ?

Common sense says he has a great game, but idk - something is wrong with our offense this year, and it's been a whacky season overall.

I think it's pretty simple though - if he has a great game, well win.

Ive havent watched the Rams a whole bunch this year but what I have noticed is that Goff isn't as accurate as in past years... I' ve also noticed that the O as a unit are not dealing very well with the blitz... Im not really sure why or what's different maybe the run game isn't as good...

I think the Hawks think that blitzing is one of their strengths as they did get 7 sacks on Allen... I would think that The Rams will see some blitzing packages... The question is how do the Hawks scheme the secondary so they don't get torched by the screen which I'm 100 percent sure that Mcvay saw that in the game in Buffalo... also the run game could stop the blitz...

I think the Hawks D line is better than most think especially now they found a roster spot for snacks I dont think the Rams will be able to run effectively against the Hawks so in my mind the big Match up is our D vs your O as you are going to have to score more than 34 points which wasn't a problem last week... If the hawks D gets off the field on third down it's going to be a long day for the Rams

I think our Corners are going to be DJ Reed and Flowers Shaq isn't going to be back... that scares the crap out of most Seahawk fans but Reed played well against the niners and has had another full week to get situated... Flowers actually played decently against the Bills at least from what I saw... jury is still out on both those players but I think they are going to surprise most...I think the Hawks just coach them up and it works out...

Just my take

LTH

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Wilson scores a TD on most offensive drives, has to do this multiple times at end of game.

Defense gets a turnover or stop towards the end that puts/keeps the team just ahead.

That's pretty much been the formula this year. It can easily fall apart but Wilson can make it work more games than not.

Latest posts