How do we lose Josh Gordon after waiting on him for years...

Tokadub

Reaction score
This is so ridiculous I can't believe the Kansas City Chiefs stole Josh Gordon after we were loyal and ready for him to join our team for such a long time...

We don't have a #3 receiver and we just lost the one that could of been up there with our #1 and #2 in terms of consistent production...

This is a real kick in the nuts for every Seahawks fan...

Imagine if we spent our $10,000,000 cap space on Josh Gordon, KJ Wright, and either Golden Tate or an Offensive Line man or Cornerback.

GOLDEN TATE HAD 1331 RECEIVING YARDS WITH THE DETROIT LIONS THE SEASON AFTER WE TRADED HIM... OH THE SEASON WE DIDN'T WIN THE SUPER BOWL???

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TateGo00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sea/single-season-receiving.htm

THAT'S INTERESTING HE HAD MORE YARDS THAN THE SEAHAWKS FRANCHISE RECORD DK METCALF SET LAST SEASON WITH 1303...??????????????

CONCLUSION:

I'm not saying necessarily we should sign Golden Tate... although I'm not opposed to it. We do need a #3 reciever DESPERATELY at this stage of Wilson's career. 2 guys isn't gonna cut it in my opinion...

But my main point is SPEND THAT $10,000,000 MAKE THE TEAM BETTER!!! The season is almost over already if we lose vs the 49ers and the Seahawks management is just sitting on $10,000,000 with thumb up their butts... what are they waiting for???

I would of LOVED TO HAVE KJ WRIGHT, I stated it multiple times...

I would of LOVED TO HAVE JOSH GORDON, I stated multiple times how important he would be for our team...

WELL THEY ARE GONE NOW...

We have Golden Tate... or a Cornerback (or 2), or some Offensive Line Men... MAKE UP YOUR MIND BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

EDIT: $11,724,698 just sitting there with crickets and Ciara Instagram Posts...

That is 7th most cap space in the league and the teams with more are all trash...

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Again, 31 teams didn't sign him. Why is is that every time the Hawks don't sign a guy, THEY are the stupid ones?
You can't convince me the Hawks didn't make an effort. He made his choice, and that's his right. I was bummed to hear about it, but at the same time, can you trust the guy to make it thru even half of a season?

xray

Reaction score
Did the Hawks really make an effort to sign Gordon ? Even so , Gordon chose to sign with a SB contender . He knows the Hawks aren't .

flv

Reaction score
Gordon's contract with the Seahawks would have expired when the old season officially ended in March. The Seahawks released him early, (per his request), so he could play FCF with Manziel.

https://www.nfl.com/news/seahawks-release-wr-josh-gordon

Gordon was then a FA. No NFL teams expressed a desire to sign him as a FA during the offseason. Can't blame Gordon for doing what's best for him 6 months later.

Elemas

Reaction score
Who knows? Maybe we didn’t want him back. I hope he does well but, let’s be honest, if you had to bet your house on him staying clean…..would you?

I’m hoping Eskridge can fill the #3 role. Maybe a mix of him and Swain.

Josh Gordon could’ve been a HOFer but, at this stage, I’m not upset that we passed (or got outbid).

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I totally agree with the OP. What's really ailing the Seahawks is that we don't have a #3 WR that is 30yo, peaked in 2013 (the only season he actually played in all games) and will probably flame out halfway through this season. Bring back Percy too, he's the miracle cure we need!

Yep, Josh can totally negate Pete 'Where's my readin' glasses, ma?' fumbling the one thing he's supposed to be good at. More touchdowns!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you had a choice, would you sign with the Chiefs or the Hawks?

That's what I thought.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
If you had a choice, would you sign with the Chiefs or the Hawks?

The Zappers. You got Johnny Football up in there!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
fenderbender123":3avigfi0 said:
I'm a Seahawks fan, so I'd sign with the Seahawks.

I said if you were Josh Gordon, not you.

Even when the question is crystal clear, fender can't help contrarianing. He can't..............he won't!

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Perhaps we just moved on. He will be suspended shortly anyway so it doesn't matter much. Why people are still hanging on to hopes and dreams of this guy even playing let alone being relevant is beyond me. He had one good year a long time a ago. He has proven time and again he is an addict that doesn't want to or have the will power to quit.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
TBH this is somewhat like the KJ situation. We have young guys that we spent draft picks on and time getting them acclimated to the NFL and to the system. We need to find out what they can do for us. Long term we get a lot more out of cycling some young guys at the #3 than putting a veteran there.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
BocciHawk":3g6074au said:
TBH this is somewhat like the KJ situation. We have young guys that we spent draft picks on and time getting them acclimated to the NFL and to the system. We need to find out what they can do for us. Long term we get a lot more out of cycling some young guys at the #3 than putting a veteran there.

Disagree. Both guys can still play at a high level. But you can't depend on Gordon. He's blown a bunch of second chances. KJ is another story. I think we really whiffed on that.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Natethegreat":4w7ybsp9 said:
Perhaps we just moved on. He will be suspended shortly anyway so it doesn't matter much. Why people are still hanging on to hopes and dreams of this guy even playing let alone being relevant is beyond me. He had one good year a long time a ago. He has proven time and again he is an addict that doesn't want to or have the will power to quit.

^This^

The narrative re Gordon (and Sherman) is just adding needless drama at this point. If Gordon comes out, stays on the team for the whole season, and makes meaningful contributions I'll eat two hats.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Also maybe the front office had enough of Gordon. You just never know what he’s going to do. I hope he can finally stop doing what he’s doing.

Would have been nice but maybe they just had enough. And didn’t want to publicly say it to possibly hurt his chances with another team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
AubHawk71":32z1d0kr said:
I totally agree with the OP. What's really ailing the Seahawks is that we don't have a #3 WR that is 30yo, peaked in 2013 (the only season he actually played in all games) and will probably flame out halfway through this season. Bring back Percy too, he's the miracle cure we need!

Yep, Josh can totally negate Pete 'Where's my readin' glasses, ma?' fumbling the one thing he's supposed to be good at. More touchdowns!

Hahaha...

We all know he is going to slay in Tampa Bay just like Golden Tate did for Detroit.

Tom Brady + Josh Gordon could be VERY scary in my opinion.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Natethegreat":z0hdd1o9 said:

I don't remember if Josh Gordon even had any incompletions with the Seahawks. All I remember is 1st downs and stuff like this:

[youtube]gm9GymFBD2E[/youtube]

[youtube]NwF9BxxCv-I[/youtube]

Maybe Josh Gordon isn't the same as he was last time he played for us, but I think he has way more left than Richard Sherman for example.

I think we could desperately use Josh Gordon right now with Eskridge out and Tyler Lockett questionable in a must win game vs the 49ers...

I think we are gonna lose, hope I'm wrong.