How fast is Lockette?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Lockette looks lots better this year than he did last year...

I think there's still hope he could make a Bruce-Irvin-like level of improvement over the next two years.
I remember last year, Lockette just didn't have any "smooth" to his game and it seemed like every little catch was an adventure. IIRC, Lockette doesn't really have that much football experience, especially not at WR, and is still a "learning the game" guy at WR.

I don't think there's any "unreliable" to his character, as such; just that he hasn't yet developed the football savvy needed to be a really good WR.
My hope would be that Pete, Darrell, etc. would just keep working with him on expanding his game and the range of stuff he's good at, and gradually he'll be like a faster version of that WR that hung around the Seahawks roster for years, including a year or two into Pete's time, that was good on ST. Can't recall dude's name, but one game he had a nice TD catch at Chicago, I think from Hass, in an away game the Seahawks were supposed to lose, but won anyway.

hidn

Reaction score
olyfan63":3d1binvu said:

I think there's still hope he could make a Bruce-Irvin-like level of improvement over the next two years.
I remember last year, Lockette just didn't have any "smooth" to his game and it seemed like every little catch was an adventure. IIRC, Lockette doesn't really have that much football experience, especially not at WR, and is still a "learning the game" guy at WR.

I don't think there's any "unreliable" to his character, as such; just that he hasn't yet developed the football savvy needed to be a really good WR.
My hope would be that Pete, Darrell, etc. would just keep working with him on expanding his game and the range of stuff he's good at, and gradually he'll be like a faster version of that WR that hung around the Seahawks roster for years, including a year or two into Pete's time, that was good on ST. Can't recall dude's name, but one game he had a nice TD catch at Chicago, I think from Hass, in an away game the Seahawks were supposed to lose, but won anyway.

Obamanu.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hidn":31nt9432 said:
olyfan63":31nt9432 said:

Obamanu.
Obomanu wasn't really fast, but reliable for the most part.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seedhawk":3cnei55c said:
Lockette is so fast even the media misses his pecadillos!
Bah, Lockette is so fast, that he can hit the light switch 15 feet from his bed, and be in it before it even gets dark :lol:

Latest posts