How I think Super Bowl XLIX will likely play out

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":1t7hgau4 said:
Lafell isn't going to threaten Seattle deep. And if they put him on Sherman, it will probably get Sherman to yawn. Literally yawn.

What if ... this is Belichick's way of getting Sherm to use his sore elbow.

Keanue reeves mind blown

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Well, I have watched some Pats highlights and a few of their games and what I have seen from the Pats pass rush would have me concerned if I were a Patriot fan.

I didnt see anything like the stuff that Carolina/SF/AZ/STL brings, nothing like that. If this is the case, its going to be very hard for NE to beat the hawks tomorrow. Wilson is going to eat that pass rush alive.

I think Cheatin Bill knows this and will probably have a package of blitzes he is going to try and bring vs Seattle.

On a side note, If Ninkovich is trying to defend the read option, its game over as well. The guys is just downright slow.

The Pats have their work cut out for them and they will need to play very disciplined on defense to have a chance tomorrow.

On top of all this Im getting much more confident about being able to stop Blount, I know Brady will get his but I think we can do the bend and not break thing to limit the Pats points to around 20.

Blount 3 carries for 1 yard vs the Ravens, every time I see that line I say WTF? Bellichick is going to test us on the run, and our DL is thin but Wagner, Kam will snuff the run out and stifle it. Leaving Brady to his 40 + attempts.

Hawks 23-20

rideaducati

Reaction score
I really don't think the Patriots are going to abandon the run unless they get down three scores. The teams that have beaten the Seahawks this season ran the ball on average 33 times. Belichick knows this and will probably have his team come out running, running, and running some more. I could see Russell ending the game with more passing attempts than Brady.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
rideaducati":21330lp9 said:
I really don't think the Patriots are going to abandon the run unless they get down three scores. The teams that have beaten the Seahawks this season ran the ball on average 33 times. Belichick knows this and will probably have his team come out running, running, and running some more. I could see Russell ending the game with more passing attempts than Brady.

Don't see this happening at all. The Patriots use their passing game like an extension of the run anyway. Lots and lots of short passes/screens

That said, I highly doubt they ignore Blount completely.. they will need to establish some semblance of a rushing threat with our defensive line (and as an aside, the Patriots OL skillset is the only thing I disagree with kearly on.. that line is vulnerable.. especially at center with a hobbled Stork and with Nate Solder at tackle being terrible against speed rushers)

Jacknut16

Reaction score
rideaducati":34y3bux2 said:

In a million simulations Brady would throw more passes in 990,000 of them

rideaducati

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2w2f4bji said:
rideaducati":2w2f4bji said:

He just had a playoff game where he passed the ball 19 times. The Seahawks better stop the run or the Patriots are gonna just keep running.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
rideaducati":1fpv675j said:
Jacknut16":1fpv675j said:
rideaducati":1fpv675j said:

He just had a playoff game where he passed the ball 19 times. The Seahawks better stop the run or the Patriots are gonna just keep running.

You're right, If the Hawks can't stop the run, they're in trouble. I don't really see this being a problem.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
rideaducati":1nb0cben said:
Jacknut16":1nb0cben said:
rideaducati":1nb0cben said:

The Colts gave up, pure and simple they gave up. Plus they are a massively flawed team, a defense with little to go by and only in the game because Manning in old and hurt. Had the game been anywhere near close Brady wouldnt be throwing 19 times.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Jacknut16":1yvoukno said:
rideaducati":1yvoukno said:
Jacknut16":1yvoukno said:
rideaducati":1yvoukno said:

The Colts gave up, pure and simple they gave up. Plus they are a massively flawed team, a defense with little to go by and only in the game because Manning in old and hurt. Had the game been anywhere near close Brady wouldnt be throwing 19 times.

Just look at the Colts schedule this year and you could have seen that beat down coming.

pats(t)roll

Reaction score
Even as a pats fan have to say this the best thing I've read regarding this game in 2 weeks. Id like to be able to provide an as in depth writeup that could point to a pats victory, but I don't think I can argue that the seahawks don't win this matchup on paper. But, while you can predict what is likely to happen after analyzing the matchups, no one knows how the game will ultimately play out. During the pats streak of blowing out opponents in the middle of the season, I couldn't help but think several of them were just a couple plays away from being much closer. It's truly a game of inches and that's part of the reason I love it. That being said, if the pats do win, I'm betting it will be due to a masterful performance by Belichick. Just hoping for the hard-fought battle this game figures to be. Won't be able to cope if the seahawks lay the beat down like last year. The "Seahawks deflated pats balls" jokes/headlines will be unbearable. Hopefully I can get some sleep now but I doubt it.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
rideaducati":3px9gqey said:

Sure, but what happened in the game before that, vs. a team that more closely resembles the Seahawks than any other team the Patriots played this year? How many carries did Blount get there? How many passes did Brady throw?

If anyone thought the Pats could run like that on Seattle, then of course they'd run it. But everyone knows they can't, so they won't. If Belichick tries to force the run early, he will only be hurting his team. There is a clear track record based on years of history with this defense dominating big backs. I'm sure Belichick knows this, and he's not afraid at all of completely abandoning the run and going 1 dimensional when it's the smart thing to do. And it also just happens to be exactly what his team did against Seattle in 2012, despite the fact that the Pats led almost the entire game.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
pats(t)roll":3ktynl37 said:
Even as a pats fan have to say this the best thing I've read regarding this game in 2 weeks. Id like to be able to provide an as in depth writeup that could point to a pats victory, but I don't think I can argue that the seahawks don't win this matchup on paper. But, while you can predict what is likely to happen after analyzing the matchups, no one knows how the game will ultimately play out. During the pats streak of blowing out opponents in the middle of the season, I couldn't help but think several of them were just a couple plays away from being much closer. It's truly a game of inches and that's part of the reason I love it. That being said, if the pats do win, I'm betting it will be due to a masterful performance by Belichick. Just hoping for the hard-fought battle this game figures to be. Won't be able to cope if the seahawks lay the beat down like last year. The "Seahawks deflated pats balls" jokes/headlines will be unbearable. Hopefully I can get some sleep now but I doubt it.

Classy post.

I don't think the Pats deserve an asterisk to be put on their success. I do think Belichick occasionally suffers from being penny wise, pound foolish for breaking the rules for such miniscule gain, but in every way that matters, the Pats are legit. The vast majority of the Pats success is on the level, and anyone who's opinion is worth caring about knows it.

Its the same thing with PEDs in Seattle. I guess because Seattle had one more PED offense than any other team in 2011 that Seattle is a bunch of cheaters right? Odds are pretty good that if you think that, you are a moron. I hear people say that stuff and I thank them because I know I can safely disregard anything they ever say in the future. If I were you I'd have the same attitude about people who use asterisk talk.