How long are morons gonna say LUCK > WILSON...??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chawx

Reaction score
Yeah, all those stats are great, but Luck is 5 inches taller, was drafted #1, and is white. Those three things make Luck a better QB...until Russell grows more, gets vitiligo over his whole body, and goes back in time to get drafted in the first couple picks, he can win 10 more Super Bowls and the old narrative will still remain.

*tongue in cheek, but you get the point* People's preconceived perceptions can sometimes overrule cold hard facts.

Wilson > Luck
Wilson > Every other QB in the NFL

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
Look at the defenses, look at the supporting casts. Lynch and the defense played a massive role last year. Luck cannot say the same. That's why they traded for a high profile RB last year, it's a team sport. With that said, Wilson's pocket awareness is second to none.

This season will be very telling. It's an unwritten story, man.

Sherman4Prez

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1lwez51o said:
Let's be honest, it's all about that cool neckbeard!

072611-CFB-Luck-PI-AM_20110726210909109_660_320.JPG

Winner!

It looks hideous lol

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bc4gjcs said:
Hawkpower":3bc4gjcs said:
Sgt. Largent":3bc4gjcs said:
The more important question is "when are morons gonna stop taking Luck > Wilson as a personal attack or crime against humanity?"

Probably when there is actual evidence to back up the claim.

I don't myself take it personally, but nothing wrong with using statistics to illuminate the media's strange fascination with propping up Mr. Luck.

1. It's John Clayton, dude is wrong like 75% of the time
2. Luck has far less talent around him. No way Wilson wins a SB is he was on the Colts
3. Both are very good QB's, and will be very good QB's for the next 10 years. So it's not hard to conclude that the "experts" will be divided on which QB is better right now.
4. Wilson is rapidly gaining, but if you secretly poll every GM, I betcha 90% of them would still take Luck over Russell right now. THAT'S what Clayton is really saying. Right now at this point in time Luck's important/value/upside is higher than Russell. But like I said that gap of perception is closing at lightning speed.

1. It's John Clayton, dude is wrong like 75% of the time..Agreed
2. Luck has far less talent around him. No way Wilson wins a SB is he was on the Colts INCORRECT, HOF WR, TOP 120 pass blocking o-line, another rWR top 10 of the top 100, top 10 scoring defence.
3. Both are very good QB's, and will be very good QB's for the next 10 years. So it's not hard to conclude that the "experts" will be divided on which QB is better right now.
4. Wilson is rapidly gaining, but if you secretly poll every GM, I betcha 90% of them would still take Luck over Russell right now. THAT'S what Clayton is really saying. Right now at this point in time Luck's important/value/upside is higher than Russell. But like I said that gap of perception is closing at lightning speed. Wrong again see above, this is more about the media and experts calling for luck to be so clearly better than the other young QBs now that it is being shown as not true they need to down grade RW so they do not look wrong.

Anthony!

Reaction score
drdiags":m60flxtf said:
I think you will continue to hear that Luck is the best young QB because NFL folks still point to the pocket passer as supreme. And in their minds, Luck has the physical tools to be one of the best of those as well as his deceptive scrambling abilities. In the Sando article NFL coaches and FO types put down Brees as being a system QB that had he played for Saban, would not have had the success he now has with Payton.

Experts point out that Brees and Wilson are affected by their height, even though analysis on how much hasn't been seen by me. The one quote about Wilson not seeing a curl, scrambling and hitting a 40 yd play are what his detractors use to justify their bias.

Love Wilson and really hopes he goes on a roll during his career but each year I suspect some flavor of the "too short" viewpoint is going to play out. Old haters like Polian, Casserly and Brandt will join hands with the neuvo-haters to continue to beat this drum.

Luck is the safer pick for people inside and outside the NFL organizations.

I spent several of my 35 yrs as a Seahawks fan lusting after the perfect QB legend, loved and feared by all. Forget that, give me a winner. He doesn't have to be adored by all nor praised by all. Just keep delivering championships. The popularity contests can be won by the Marinos of the world. I'll take Phil Simms/Brad Johnson and others as long as the Lombardis keep piling up.

Revisionists are already trying to re-tell the story of the Superbowl, trying to take back the achievements of the defense and team. Have fun with that one.

EDIT: BTW, I would not lament it if Luck were the QB of the Seahawks. And I probably would pooh-pooh any talk of Wilson being better. Because that is what homer fans do.

and yet Luck in the pocket 60.3 complt %, Rw 66.1 remind be who is better in the pocket again?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -scramble/

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2x7kfkkx said:
Hawkpower":2x7kfkkx said:
Luck's PERCEIVED upside is higher, which is the point. Luck is valued higher than Wilson by many not based on actual facts or production, but on the bias of being ranked higher to begin with. Why has RW had to close any "gap" when he has outperformed Luck in most statistical categories? Its like college football where a team starts out ranked #1 in preseason polls. Much easier for them to end the season in the top 5 than a team who starts the season unranked.

Also would love a justification for Luck having FAR LESS TALENT. Indy is a pretty dang good team, and Luck is only part of the reason. Which QB has had a better line to play behind? Which QB has had better receivers?

Of course it's perceived, it's ALL perception...........that's what opinions are.

As far as talent, the Colts O-Line was ranked 25th, only two slots behind the Hawks.......so it's not like they have a bunch of All Pro's up and down the line. WR's? Their WR corp consisted of T.Y. Hilton and a bunch of nobodies. TE's? The amazing Coby Fleener? C'mon dude.

I'll take Russell 24/7 over Luck, but for people to think it's not even close is ridiculous. You can make a case for both QB's, so to get all worked up over idiots like Clayton puking up tired opinions like this is not worth our time............yet we just can't help ourselves over someone talking shit about our Hawks!

wrong the colts o-line for pass blocking was ranked 6th in pass blocking, the hawks ranked 32nd

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol look all the way to the right for pass blocking. He had Reggie Wayne a HOF WR, TY Hilton is a top 10 WR, and as a whole their WR is ranked

http://insideedgesports.wordpress.com/2 ... -wr-cores/

Notice Indy is 7th, we are 13th assuming Harvin plays. Last year they were 9th and we were 23rd.

I am not saying it is not close, I am saying Rw is on top.

Anthony!

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":1f0gq722 said:
I feel like luck has wayy more interceptions then 27 .

We can't deny the facts - Luck is an incredible talent-
-plays with one of the worst defenses
-has the worst offensive line in all of football
- rushing attack in bottom 5 in the league
Luck carries the colts and they get wins

BUT

I would never ever trade Wilson for anybody in the world including luck. I'm sure many of you feel the same way .
Wilson is among the elite , we all see that. We see his superb decision making in crucial moments every Sunday .
If it takes the rest of the world a few more seasons to know what we all knew last year , it's fine with me

plays with one of the worst defenses wrong they were top 10 in scoring defenses
-has the worst offensive line in all of football wrong again they were top 10 in pass blocking
- rushing attack in bottom 5 in the league again a by product of attempts as they avg the same YPa as us but on 10 fewer attempts
Luck carries the colts and they get wins he also sinks them and he gets looses, and it helps he has a top 10 wr corps.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Sherman4Prez":gdw7e5a8 said:
Look at the defenses, look at the supporting casts. Lynch and the defense played a massive role last year. Luck cannot say the same. That's why they traded for a high profile RB last year, it's a team sport. With that said, Wilson's pocket awareness is second to none.

This season will be very telling. It's an unwritten story, man.

Dude we have already shown that the whole defense and running game argument is wrong.

drdiags

Reaction score
Anthony!":1g30tc9x said:
and yet Luck in the pocket 60.3 complt %, Rw 66.1 remind be who is better in the pocket again?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2 ... -scramble/

You are arguing with the wrong person. It isn't me who is trying to sell you this line. You guys can be like spurned lovers over this stuff. The national story isn't going to change. It hasn't over the past 2 seasons. But good on you for fighting the good fight. I think the folks that say Luck is better are deaf and blind to your logic. You can beat me across the head, but as I already stated in this thread, I am happy with who is QBing the Seahawks and don't need a national slurping to feel good about him.

Protect as you feel you should. Just know who the enemy is before swinging the sword.

hawk45

Reaction score
Can't compare apples to apples, Pete's offense is too balanced (props to JS) to leave his QB on an island carrying the team.

Luck is fantastic, no way to resolve the argument as to who is better. I just know that to win the big one you need a QB who doesn't make mistakes and who can make the critical play. Russ is way above that bar. Romo has better numbers but clearly we'd trust Russ not to choke way more. Luck? He's pretty clutch too.

They're both great QBs, I'm just thankful we have the one we needed at the time we needed him, and with the team's current constitution, Russ is the perfect fit. Luck might've been just fine as well, we'll never know, don't care, because Ringz baybee.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
When Wilson has four rings and Luck has one at the end of their careers, the talking heads will correctly deem Wilson as the better QB. Oh sure, they will have gotten to the right conclusion through terrible logic, but that's all we can ask of most of these morons.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Here's a little more updated and detailed information for my original post. Many people may have already read the original post and wouldn't bother reading it again, but I edited it to include some more stats and information that I forgot to list.

I think these stats and the comparisons which can be made for Wilson and Luck VS other Quarterbacks makes it quite clear that Wilson is far superior to Luck at this point of their careers.

Touchdown/Interception Ratio:

Wilson: 2.74 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)
Luck: 1.70 (if he continues at this rate he'll be tied for rank 15th ALL TIME behind guys like Tony Romo, McNabb, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, Ben Roethlisberger, and several other guys I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF...)

Source: http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/caree ... tdintratio

Passer Rating:

Wilson: 100.6 (if he continues at this rate he'll be ranked 2nd ALL TIME behind Aaron Rodgers)
Luck: 81.5 (if he continues at this rate he'll be tied for rank 44th ALL TIME behind guys like Tony Romo, Philip Rivers, McNabb, Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan, Jeff Garcia, Ben Roethlisberger, Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Jay Cutler, EVEN OUR VERY OWN MATT HASSELBECK and MANY other guys I'VE NEVER EVEN HEARD OF... he's virtually tied with Eli Manning who for his career has a below 60% completion percentage and barely more touchdowns than interceptions 229 TD/171 Interceptions = 1.33 touchdown/interception ratio...)

Source: http://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-rating

Tical21

Reaction score
Something tells me these two will meet in a couple of Superb Owls and will have the chance to take this fight to the death. The next decade should be really cool for this story as well as both teams.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wilson is my favorite QB in the entire league. Straight up trade? I'd take Luck 10 times out of 10. No question. Zero.

One poster above summed this thread up nicely with his proclamation "I only watch one team in the NFL". He's not alone. Oh, he also said he didn't like Luck's neck beard. Just being honest here, but I have to admit I've not taken Luck's beard into consideration. I will do so, then edit this post if it changes my opinion on the subject .

themunn

Reaction score
lukerguy":2afsu7dv said:
Luck took at team who was zero wins into a perennial playoff contender all by himself. He has no running game to help him in PA situations, he has no defence. He has to drum up the team success all by himself.

While Wilson's statistics may be better, I'd still take Luck.

Luck took a team that was 12-21 (including playoffs) over their previous two seasons to a 23-12 Record over their next two seasons - including 1 home playoff loss.

Wilson took a team that was 15-19 over the previous 2 seasons to a 28-9 Record over the next 2, including 1 superbowl championship and 0 playoff losses at home.

What represents the greater improvement? Especially given strength of opposition...

SuperbOwl

Reaction score
Well besides the above stats in many posts. It goes like this:

So Media, Russell Wilson, is simply not on the next level/top 10? Huh?

Sure, he is backed by a great Defense & a superb Running game.. But?

Aren't you the idiots who have said all along he has a Pedestrian/Appetizer type WR group? Those are the guys he throws to no? Oh, those guys who combine with Russell Wilson to achieve #'s for a QB in his 2 first years to compete with every other QB ever, ever, ever to play in their first 2 years?

So he's throwing to what Media says are "Scrubs" yet he achieves at QB Rating, YPA, Completion %, TD's, INT ration, should I go on?

Tell me what that has to do with D or even Special Teams, besides maybe getting good field position. Go ahead and convert RW's #'s to what Lucks attempts, sure even with a 15% drop off because of lets say forced passes, D's knowing he's going to drop back etc. Even though the media clearly says Andrew Luck has a better WR group.... Russ still smashes LUCK.

Hey media, get ready for Russ with Percy Harvin healthy... and others,,, KNOCKS ON WOOD

Get over the media we have a Lombardi now, and shiny rings too, hey even the 12's have a spot on it!

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
HawkWow":1mbm9wlz said:
Wilson is my favorite QB in the entire league. Straight up trade? I'd take Luck 10 times out of 10. No question. Zero.

Not sure if you are trolling? I've tried to refrain from responding to every negative post because I feel my posts conclusively prove Wilson > Luck and I don't wanna get off topic with little side rants and raves...

But I'm just curious on what basis would you take Luck over Wilson? For me the only possible reason would be his height... unfortunately for Luck his height advantage is still not even close to enough for him to ever reach Wilson's skill, productivity, and efficiency.

In short Luck is not as good as Wilson being a few inches taller doesn't mean anything, Wilson's brain is far superior, Luck throws mad interceptions like a big dumb neanderthal.

That being said... Luck is still good and he will most likely be this generations Peyton Manning (except with way worst stats, gotta pick some successor to Peyton Manning even if he's not as good)... Luck will be the guy with all the praise who puts up all the (in this case WAY OVERRATED) stats but can't perform in the playoffs....

Wilson will be the Tom Brady, except even better (in my opinion) and he will win the big games unlike Luck.

So essentially I see the future of quarterbacks as:

Wilson = Tom Brady except even better and more wins

Luck = Peyton Manning except worst and less wins (probably won't win a Superbowl from what I've seen of him so far)

All this talk like "Oh I only watch the Seahawks just proves you are a noobie fan and shouldn't even comment on these kind of QB rankings"...

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
The mediots behind closed doors: "Lets face it. Wilson=short black qb who can't see over the linemen. Yet he throws darts to pedestrian WRs. I cant understand why this runt wont just go away. Where the he'll is Wisconsin anyway is it in the PNW?
Luck is a smart tall white qb with speed and strength. His dad was an NFL qb so he has the PEDIGREE.
His neckbeard is a reflection of our Puritan values. He has to be better because he is doing more with less right?"

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
The case for Luck > Wilson is not at all ridiculous, and people who are overly dismissive of it are thinking about things far too simplistically.

I would like for Wilson to outpace Luck over the course of their careers, and I think that he has a decent chance at it, but it's still very much an open and unresolved question.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Tokadub":31a11qfc said:
HawkWow":31a11qfc said:
So essentially I see the future of quarterbacks as:

Wilson = Tom Brady except even better and more wins

Luck = Peyton Manning except worst and less wins (probably won't win a Superbowl from what I've seen of him so far)

Brady has literally no valid argument for being better than Manning, so I'm not sure that's the comparison that you want to draw.

Of course, if Wilson wins more rings than Luck then that is what will make me happiest anyway. I'd surely rather have more Super Bowls than have some illusory claim to having the best QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts