How many do we drop before fair weather fans start bailing?

How many do we drop before fair weather fans start bailing?

Votes: 22 44.0%

Votes: 9 18.0%

Votes: 5 10.0%

Votes: 4 8.0%

Votes: 8 16.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.0%

• Total voters

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
I think realistically we might be looking at a 2012 or so season

Started First half of the season 4-4 and then 7-1 with one playoff win. Although I think most likely we make it into the playoffs as a wildcard if we make the playoffs and probably win 10 games.

I think that would be a decent accomplishment with a superbowl push next year but we will see

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Atradees":2uxh3vcv said:
This thread will grow after we smoke the Colts. I have been calling for quick hitting plays to the RBs to make the line more effective. Tre flowers gets two picks. Penny 100 plus. Fun!

I'm not sure how beating a bad team in the first preseason game with the starters gone after a quarter will help get people back on the bandwagon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
? You got that I want a lack of success from that? Hilarious.
Fans who vanish as soon as the team starts losing, buh bye.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":610vcnd6 said:
? You got that I want a lack of success from that? Hilarious.
Fans who vanish as soon as the team starts losing, buh bye.

There is a causal chain between team success and fair weather fans. You can't have one without the other. You want to eliminate a symptom because you don't like 'em, and fine, that's what you want. But you never thought about what it would actually take to eliminate the symptom and I just did you a service in showing you how it works.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I enjoy hearing people jumping off, because I see the same ones right back on after a few wins. You're either with the team or you are not with the team. It's not hard. And, you can't convince me that there are not fans who are flat out WAITING for them to lose, just so they can pump their chests out and say I told you so. Lame

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The state of this thread.

Why would anyone care

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":30iovl5z said:
Yep, fan how you want. I'll stick w/them 24/7, 365

But when I go to the mountains, I can only half fan there. And I do like going to the smokey mountains in Idaho. It is way better than the smokey home area. LMAO

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dqh4ln6 said:
I enjoy hearing people jumping off, because I see the same ones right back on after a few wins. You're either with the team or you are not with the team. It's not hard. And, you can't convince me that there are not fans who are flat out WAITING for them to lose, just so they can pump their chests out and say I told you so. Lame

There's no glory in spite and people rooting for losses to capture some ego satiation are deluding themselves. If that really paid off we could venture a guess that Bears, Lions and Browns fans are probably the most self satisfied fans in the world because getting positive feedback on being right about how much they'll screw the pooch is easy money.

But I think there's a difference between the entrenched fan who wants to be right about how wrong the team is and for instance my coworkers who have a reason to celebrate something I already enjoyed along with me. The tide ebbs and flows and it's nice from my vantage point to help foster a life long fandom that arose out of some of the best football ever. You can't reel in a fish if you're hoping the school has moved on to better waters.

I really do enjoy helping other people enjoy what I enjoy and raising appreciation. I don't get pleasure from being one of a handful of people in the world who 'gets it'.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
My goodness people take everything so serious. I'm just having fun. I couldn't care less who jumps on and jumps off.
Seeing people freak out is entertainment, especially when the same ones come right back when they are winning. There's a difference between being critical, which is a fan's right, and is warranted.......and just being doom and gloom immediately at the first sign of struggle. Shoot, in a perfect world, I'd rather the team is incredibly successful and Everyone was on board because of it.
I can't even fathom wanting anything OTHER than having win every flippen game they play. Let alone all the wasted energy it takes to assume the worst all the time. Meh, to each his/her own.
But, my OWN choice is to be with them no matter what, even if they drive me crazy sometimes.
Shoot, I'm an M's fan too, so I'm used to a lot of pain.........
That being said, if they are playing like crap, hell yes I'm going to voice my opinion on it, and it doesn't make me less of a fan.

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":207g0chm said:
My goodness people take everything so serious. I'm just having fun. I couldn't care less who jumps on and jumps off.
Seeing people freak out is entertainment, especially when the same ones come right back when they are winning. There's a difference between being critical, which is a fan's right, and is warranted.......and just being doom and gloom immediately at the first sign of struggle. Shoot, in a perfect world, I'd rather the team is incredibly successful and Everyone was on board because of it.
I can't even fathom wanting anything OTHER than they win every flippen game they play. Let alone all the wasted energy it takes to assume the worst all the time. Meh, to each his/her own.
But, my OWN choice is to be with them no matter what, even if they drive me crazy sometimes.
That being said, if they are playing like crap, hell yes I'm going to voice my opinion on it, and it doesn't make me less of a fan.
Use more emoticons!

;)

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":155m0i8j said:
I can't even fathom wanting anything OTHER than having win every flippen game they play. Let alone all the wasted energy it takes to assume the worst all the time. Meh, to each his/her own.

But you never think they are playing like crap, so this is a MOOT statement.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3budakhf said:

When I left the game at about a minute left in Jax, I just wanted to get to the bar quicker. I knew we had lost the game, so why wait for the last minute to get a good frosty one before heading back to the room? If I leave early, it is because my entertainment value has met its peak and there is no better way to end it.

Have fun.

Enjoy.

Go Hawks.

:irishdrinkers: :stirthepot: :2thumbs: :drool: :3-1: :179417: :stirthepot: :rumble:

Heard emoticons are the way to go.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
The irony in op joining last year , is not missed by me :) we are in for a rough season. I’d say 8-8 at best.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You know your team is damn successful when 9-7, along with 2 or 3 games lost by Wide Right Walsh felt like a horrible season.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I remember fans leaving the NFC championship game early....it was more than just a few and many of them were season tix holders...fair weather could apply there as well. If a bad year drops the secondary market or at least gets me the hell on blue pride I'm all for it!!

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":2v3710v1 said:
calihawk":2v3710v1 said:
Most have split by now but it was fun whiie it lasted. Rams and chargers absorb all of them.

Or they flocked to the 49ers since everyone seems to be gobbing their nob this offseason.

Chicken dinner for you, winner.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I can't imagine any fair weather fans are still left after our disastrous 9-7 season.