How many here would like to be

scutterhawk

Reaction score
In Jody Allen's shoes right now, and know the workings of what JS & PC are doing with the FA signings and how they're setting up for the 2023 Draft.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall, and no flyswatters in the room on Draft Day.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I would love to see what's going on in Renton. This is my favorite time of the off-season, and the amount of traffic on this site lately indicates that as well.

This off-season is very special, knowing that the future of the franchise hangs in the balance based on the next several weeks. Plus with Jody's potential desire to sell the team looming soon, it makes it that much more interesting.

I would give my right hand just to sit in the draft war room during this year's draft. How exciting!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
As much as I'd love to know the inner workings and deliberations of the Seahawks war room, I take great comfort in the fact that they keep such a good lid on things. Nobody knows what they're up to, and I like it that way.

toffee

Reaction score
As much as I'd love to know the inner workings and deliberations of the Seahawks war room, I take great comfort in the fact that they keep such a good lid on things. Nobody knows what they're up to, and I like it that way.
Got to wonder how much does Jody know? Is she the hands on type that wants to everything or just the results?

AgentDib

Reaction score
This is a big deal, and stable ownership has also had something to do with how our FO has been able to operate without constantly worrying about their own job security.

Imagine a world in which the FO was on the hot seat and also liked Lukas Van Ness second most after Will Anderson. They would have all the incentive in the world to leak their interest in Van Ness to guys like Jeremiah and Kiper. Nobody would move in front of us for him, LVN would shoot up into the top 5 in mocks, and then if they took him at #5 with Anderson off the board it would be an expected move with decent grades and kudos coming out all around.

Keeping their interest quiet would be minorly better for the team but now they'd be accused of reaching and if the player didn't work out it would be their fault instead of bad luck that the #5 prospect didn't turn out. Multiply that effect by all of the transactions they deal with every year and the ability to keep things in house starts to pay real dividends.

Rainger

Reaction score
I would love to see what's going on in Renton. This is my favorite time of the off-season, and the amount of traffic on this site lately indicates that as well.

This off-season is very special, knowing that the future of the franchise hangs in the balance based on the next several weeks. Plus with Jody's potential desire to sell the team looming soon, it makes it that much more interesting.

I would give my right hand just to sit in the draft war room during this year's draft. How exciting!
Where do you get info that she has a desire to sell the team soon?? What info do you have? Please share.

Last statement I heard from her regarding sale was she said that there was no time limit on when the team was to be sold.

She could hold onto it for 10 more years and not be in violation of the will or trust according to her own statements.

chris98251

Reaction score

Potential desire to sell team soon? Jerry Jones has a potential desire, so does the Bidwells, Marc Davism Robert Irsay, but it has to be the right price, there is always a price.

But in the near term, Jody stated that there is no immediate plans, the Mediots are in your head.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Where do you get info that she has a desire to sell the team soon?? What info do you have? Please share.

Last statement I heard from her regarding sale was she said that there was no time limit on when the team was to be sold.

She could hold onto it for 10 more years and not be in violation of the will or trust according to her own statements.
I said "potential" desire.

And she will sell the team in time.

toffee

Reaction score
Based on her net worth, I'd love to be in her pants, shoes, whatever.
Off topic, boy toys are not easy to be. I knew a few older ladies that keeps or kept boy toys. The ladies paid a lot, one even buy her boys Ferraris. Boy toys unlike their female counterparts, couldn't just close eyes and pretend.

Last edited:

Donn2390

Reaction score
Oh, I imagine she's as deep in the weeds as she wants to be. Probably deeper than what we might think, but not in a micromanaging sort of way.
A successful owner in any business selects talented managers and stays out of their way. I'm sure Jody is extremely interested in the inner workings, but she will never come close to being as knowledgeable as her managers, and is smart enough not to micromanage, she is successful by omission.

OP
OP
S

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I'm not inferring that there be others listening in with me on what goes on in the War Room, or that I'd relay what I'd see or hear in there, only that for my own curiosity to see the inner workings, and on the fly decisions being made leading up to, AND on the days of the Draft.
I do believe that they have a process & procedures that they follow to a tee, but also would also have contingency plans should their first choice be taken ahead of their time to pick, and this procedure repeated with every single pick.

CPHawk

Reaction score
She likes the ladies, so unless Rat is hiding something wonderful, Jodie doesn't dine on swine... ya' know what I mean?
That’s not what her security team claims. When she forced them to wear speedos and other things.