How much longer is the world gonna pretend Wilson is elite?

BASF

Reaction score
John63":nw3kh108 said:
BASF":nw3kh108 said:
LOL it took you almost 2 months to reply

You are the one that posted the link yesterday, inviting others to review it.

Ahh not sure what point you are making, you cherry picked part of my post, I was showing game were we ran a different system, I can point to the 2nd half of almost any game too, as Huard another have said. So good for you, wasted post that really did nothing, as I will always take experts over fans with agendas.

My point was that you are misrepresenting things in your post. The run game was doing just as well early in the season as it was the second half of the season until the injuries to the linemen and backs. It is the same with misrepresenting that we do not run route combinations with layers. If you actually look at film, you will see it, instead of taking "experts" who are doing their best to generate viewers, word for it.

No I am not misrepresenting anything, the point was Wilson can kill it with or without a run game

That said Run game doing well early in the season lets see, not counting Wilsons running

Game one 64 yards 3 ypc yeah that is great NOT
Game 2 now here we did well, noone over 100 yards but 130 total and 4.7 ypc
Game 3 57 yards, 3 ypc NOT GOOD
Game 4 108 good, 4.3 ypc good

So first 4 a mix bag 2 good 2 bag, does not change what I meant by the system though, the reality is we struggled early first qtr of the season, then picked it up, and then struggled late. None of which changes my point which was Wilson can perform with or without a run game and has proven it.

As I said, we performed as well in the second part of the season as the first. You chose two games in the first half, and I can easily point out the Rams and Cardinals games in the second half that were almost a mirror of those two games, but with worse defenses (the Saints {game 3} had one of the best run defenses in football).

And FYI I posted to show some of the very negative views some on here have of Wilson and you took it way off chart.
FYI I do look at Film and you are right we do run rout combo in the 2nd half when we change the tempo, in first half yeah no. If you can't see the huge difference in the style of play form one half to another than, well you are not looking and as I said I will go with the experts most of whom are saying the same thing. So again good for you but wasted post

I do agree with you that we change the tempo in the second half when trailing, and I do agree with you that it is a good thing. Where I do not agree with you, is your steadfast refusal to admit that the defense is playing differently when they are up three scores and allowing us to run clock by completing passes in front of them. If you watch film, you can see that when we are trying for the quick passing game that you have been baying for in the first half, the team we are playing is playing press and filling passing lanes and the Seahawks are not nearly as successful in those situations.

John63

Reaction score
BASF":2v08j3fj said:
John63":2v08j3fj said:
BASF":2v08j3fj said:
LOL it took you almost 2 months to reply

You are the one that posted the link yesterday, inviting others to review it.

Ahh not sure what point you are making, you cherry picked part of my post, I was showing game were we ran a different system, I can point to the 2nd half of almost any game too, as Huard another have said. So good for you, wasted post that really did nothing, as I will always take experts over fans with agendas.

My point was that you are misrepresenting things in your post. The run game was doing just as well early in the season as it was the second half of the season until the injuries to the linemen and backs. It is the same with misrepresenting that we do not run route combinations with layers. If you actually look at film, you will see it, instead of taking "experts" who are doing their best to generate viewers, word for it.

No I am not misrepresenting anything, the point was Wilson can kill it with or without a run game

That said Run game doing well early in the season lets see, not counting Wilsons running

Game one 64 yards 3 ypc yeah that is great NOT
Game 2 now here we did well, noone over 100 yards but 130 total and 4.7 ypc
Game 3 57 yards, 3 ypc NOT GOOD
Game 4 108 good, 4.3 ypc good

So first 4 a mix bag 2 good 2 bag, does not change what I meant by the system though, the reality is we struggled early first qtr of the season, then picked it up, and then struggled late. None of which changes my point which was Wilson can perform with or without a run game and has proven it.

As I said, we performed as well in the second part of the season as the first. You chose two games in the first half, and I can easily point out the Rams and Cardinals games in the second half that were almost a mirror of those two games, but with worse defenses (the Saints {game 3} had one of the best run defenses in football).

And FYI I posted to show some of the very negative views some on here have of Wilson and you took it way off chart.
FYI I do look at Film and you are right we do run rout combo in the 2nd half when we change the tempo, in first half yeah no. If you can't see the huge difference in the style of play form one half to another than, well you are not looking and as I said I will go with the experts most of whom are saying the same thing. So again good for you but wasted post

I do agree with you that we change the tempo in the second half when trailing, and I do agree with you that it is a good thing. Where I do not agree with you, is your steadfast refusal to admit that the defense is playing differently when they are up three scores and allowing us to run clock by completing passes in front of them. If you watch film, you can see that when we are trying for the quick passing game that you have been baying for in the first half, the team we are playing is playing press and filling passing lanes and the Seahawks are not nearly as successful in those situations.

Well then supply proof the defense is always going zone against us in the 2nd half. I agree sometimes the do, however it is not all the time, or even most of the time. So if you disagree find something that shows it. Fyi on this forum is stats showing Wilson is very good against man or Zone at really does not matter. If your next thing is the WR cant get open against man then it is up to the Coaxhing staff to scheme them open.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
Best QB in franchise history and a top 5 NFL QB since he came into the league. Why the hate on RW?

New scheme that lets him loose could do wonders for his overall impact which is already great, though, at times erratic.

Sense his time with Pete is coming to a close and that's a good thing. Or, maybe Pete will actually give RW more leash to do what he does.

Biggest concern is the hard miles RW has had to endure the last few seasons. He's on the second half of his prime years right now and I think most would admit some of that time has been wasted on bad O-Line, lukewarm offensive scheme etc.

Given he is so depended on the scramble which will get tougher for him over the next few seasons due to age and wear and tear, RW's prime-time window will start to close fast by 2023 or so. Time is running out.

Give RW the ball and let him do his thing. I trust his ability to see the field and react far more than Pete's at this stage of their relationship. Not hating on Pete but it is what it is.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Let's trade Goff for Wilson and watch the Rams go 16-0 for consecutive years.

Yes, he has some bad games - but news flash: Seattle's roster around him isn't exactly elite.

I've never been his biggest fan but even I've come around to him being "elite" - you guys are looking at the greatest Seahawk player of all time in his prime doing insane things.

Lamar Jackson deserves MVP the way the NFL awards it. But let's be real: replace Jackson with a backup QB and they win 7ish games last year. Replace Wilson with a backup and do they even win a game?? He was by far the most valuable to his team this year and he's been doing it with a below average OL and average to below average WRs for YEARS.

TreeRon

Reaction score
To answer the question : Most of the "world" doesn't know who Russell Wilson is.

MrThortan

Reaction score
Not going to bother reading this thread. Think I have already done so multiple times. :domotwak:

John63

Reaction score
Ramfan128":lsvmnszi said:
Let's trade Goff for Wilson and watch the Rams go 16-0 for consecutive years.

Yes, he has some bad games - but news flash: Seattle's roster around him isn't exactly elite.

I've never been his biggest fan but even I've come around to him being "elite" - you guys are looking at the greatest Seahawk player of all time in his prime doing insane things.

Lamar Jackson deserves MVP the way the NFL awards it. But let's be real: replace Jackson with a backup QB and they win 7ish games last year. Replace Wilson with a backup and do they even win a game?? He was by far the most valuable to his team this year and he's been doing it with a below average OL and average to below average WRs for YEARS.

All QBs have bad games Jackson did, brady does, Mahomes does all of them. The difference is those teams can win with their QBs having bad games, we cant.

THE TABS

Reaction score
Russell has been elite from day one, and if anybody can't see that, then they need to stop watching football.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear god, what a stupid thread. Pretend? Give me a break. How long are so many going to IGNORE and/or refuse to accept that he is elite. One of the best QB's of all time already and on his way to the HOF.
You Russ bashers just continue to look like you don't even watch football.

RW4LIFE

Reaction score
THE TABS":1qm2f084 said:
Russell has been elite from day one, and if anybody can't see that, then they need to stop watching football.

Yup.

If anything more and more are getting frustrated with Russ not being allowed to fully extend his influence on a game from the start. It seems like so many times he's stuck in the mud with Pete's scheme until the 2nd half when (again too often) we are scrambling to come from behind and RW often manages to do just that after the chains have been lifted off him.

RW is a world-class QB. Period.

He's also one that doesn't get to fully display that nearly as much as he should and I attribute that primarily to a very stubborn PC.

Pete's time in Seattle peaked some time ago and it's been a slow decline since then which in turn has put some hard miles on RW's "elite years".

Given so much of RW's ability comes from his athleticism, we're on the second half of those elite years - maybe 3 or so seasons left of them and that's if he avoids major injury.

If RW was allowed to do his thing and we can shore up the defense (last season was downright awful at times) we are right back to being a serious Super Bowl contender instead of pretender.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Can you imagine judging someone who is without a doubt one of the top 10 in the world to do something? ..Because they may not be in the top 5 or top 3 to do something? and then call them hard to watch?

Get a mirror. Grow up. Put on your big boy pants, and stop criticizing people who do things you could never do yourself.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":ekg5az3c said:
8 years later, and people still have a boner for bashing Russ. It's like 3rd grade revisited.

It's Ground Hog day on this topic....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing people talk about him after his HOF speech. I'm sure they'll say it was all because of the D and the Running game :?

BASF

Reaction score
I think the main problem for most of the posters who bad mouth Wilson is they never saw the bad games from the people they are using as their standard. It is hard to reconcile the highlights that people see and the fact that all QB's have a game or two where they are off and the defense is getting the better of them. They also do not understand the role that the offensive line plays in the passing game. As I pointed out recently through the All 22, our linemen are being pushed into the passing lanes thus negating the designed quick hitting play. At halftime, the coaching staff adjusts to how the defense is attacking the line of scrimmage and we get the ball rolling from there. This piss poor pass blocking line has been a staple of the team even before Wilson arrived, but somehow the fans who don't remember these things (or are new fans to the team) blame Wilson for it.