How much longer until the inevitable Wilson meltdown?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Never. Wilson is calm, collected dude. It would quite uncharacteristic. Hell would freeze over first for it to happen.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This is basic leadership 101! When you blow up and start screaming at people is when you have gotten out of your depth and lost control of the situation and the last thing a team needs is a leader unable to do so!

irocdave

Reaction score
Sometimes holding people accountable immediately is what is needed to get their attention focused in the right direction. I listened to Max Unger's response to a similar question today on 710 today and he said it would probably help if he barked at the O line after getting smashed.

Great QB's take a leadership role in the offensive and do what needs to be done to get people to perform at a high level. This is the NFL, not a government agency that has a larger HR department than a department that actually performs a productive task.

If the line continues to struggle he NEEDS to start barking at them. Not complaining in the media or calling anyone out in public but his job is to make the players around him better. Patting them on the back when they continually perform poorly does no one any good.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3crxmqsf said:
86Hawk":3crxmqsf said:
I bet we see it from lynch first. Lol

Kinda already seen it from Lynch, no?

Flipping off the coaching staff from the field one week and fighting with them the next?

Not even close. Neither of those instances were even local news worthy. And there was no "fighting" on the sidelines.

OrFan

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":967e6et9 said:
Awful thread both in it's inception and inference. RW is a friggin rock. Bad idea OP.

This is an awesome thread, I got a good laugh at Manning. Anytime he throws such a tantrum that his team tells him to shut up is simply great!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Axx":2rja3sn5 said:
It's bound to happen.

Peyton Manning On Center
[youtube]UsGTW_VVTkE[/youtube]

Tom Brady On coordinators
[youtube]8wYcMnxkc0o[/youtube]

Jay Cutler On O-line
[youtube]sB-4qoFd1F8[/youtube]

Seriously when will wilson chew out his o-line and more importantly Bevell????
Not going to happen, because Wilson probably will just keep giving Pete that "Is This The Best I can Ever Hope For Here In Seattle" LOOK.
Then it will be up to Pete to decide that enough is enough, and start chewing some asses on his Coaching staff.
I just hope that Pete gets this done BEFORE Wilson ends up getting carted off the field with an unnecessary injury.

RussellMania

Reaction score
I think he understands it's not deserved, you've got some guys that are just filling roles that didn't expect to be starting. If it were the starters not working hard enough I could see it but not in this scenario. It has to be frustrating though. You're in what you expect to be a championship season, you've been playing well all season but you just haven't had a real dominating game. I mean Marshawn is the #4 running back in the league but I can't say he's had a "MY OH MY" kind of game yet. Tampa Bay matches up just so poorly with us that this Sunday's game might be a chance for that though.

Seahawkx

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":y9xxkdu3 said:
Wilson's not a bitch.

Just sayin'.

He needs to become one after a game like that.. Especially at Unger for not giving him a single good snap.. I don't know how someone can can patients for that.. How hard can it be to practice the damn snap n fix it?!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":20bmdyfe said:
Re: Lynch.....Pete explained on the press conference today the reasons Lynch was not getting the ball. He and Marshawn had time to "work things out".
Wow, I assume you have something to contribute, but I couldn't make it out with that "unique" yellow font. Way to stand out though. Keep being you.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seahawkx":shc4achv said:
SouthSoundHawk":shc4achv said:
Wilson's not a bitch.

Just sayin'.

He needs to become one after a game like that.. Especially at Unger for not giving him a single good snap.. I don't know how someone can can patients for that.. How hard can it be to practice the damn snap n fix it?!
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E

Wartooth

Reaction score
So Russ is suppose to start telling these grown men whats up?
If anyone needs to be putting a foot in their ass, it should be Cable!
And Pete should be gnawing on Cable every other minute!
I think Russ realizes the current situation.
He needs to do some things better too.
So yelling at these guys...
What's the point?

Uffda

Reaction score
That subroutine hasn't been added to his programming yet.

Sturm

Reaction score
OrFan":16zm4zly said:
Not going to happen to Wilson.

That clip of Manning had me laughing good! I love it when things don't go his way and he turns all red faced while throwing a temper tantrum!

That's not throwing a temper tantrum. I don't even think you know what that word means... :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The closest thing we've seen is when he pointed to his head after Tate's taunt. Watch the replay, he's basically saying "use your head man"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
HawkGANG":1dt9h9zt said:
Popeyejones":1dt9h9zt said:
86Hawk":1dt9h9zt said:
I bet we see it from lynch first. Lol

Kinda already seen it from Lynch, no?

Flipping off the coaching staff from the field one week and fighting with them the next?

Not even close. Neither of those instances were even local news worthy. And there was no "fighting" on the sidelines.

A player flipping off his coaching staff from the field isn't even worthy of local news?!?!? It was talked about in national news, which is the only reason I even know about it (don't live in Seattle).

And just for clarification, I didn't say he was fighting with them on the sideline the next week. I said "fighting." Probably should have said arguing or disagreeing, or something that caused Pete to have to "work things out" with him. TBH I thought Bevell's bizarre decision to run two QB keepers at the goal line was of course mostly inspired by being too cute for his own good, but also partially inspired by what has been going on with Lynch. I of course could be wrong about that though.

In any case, as for the thread topic and Wilson, I don't think we'll ever see him have a meltdown. He is way too even-keeled for that. As far as leadership goes there's a big difference between having a meltdown (always a bad thing) and being variable in your leadership strategy depending on situation and need. As Unger himself pointed out, I think Wilson could stand to be more pro-active, more vocal, and heck, even more critical sometimes. He's the leader of the offense, and when people weren't doing their jobs last week, he just looked passive and flummoxed. It was a time when more pro-active leadership was required, and TBH, I just didn't see it from him. They came out with the win so it's not really a big deal, but I would have liked to see more from him in many of those moments.

Latest posts