How well did our OL protected our QB ?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":1jnkhddj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1jnkhddj said:
John63":1jnkhddj said:
pittpnthrs":1jnkhddj said:
I wish I would have kept that stat that Wilson was pressured on average 2.1 seconds after the snap and that was from the shotgun position, but I didnt. As for lining up in the shotgun for the majority of snaps, I thought Wilson did that because he was constantly getting killed when he dropped back under center, not because of his height.

He did but that does not fit their narrative so it has to be his height. You need to understand they are trying to everything is Wilson's fault.

There is a stat posted in this foru m showing Wilson is the most sacked, hit, hurried, and pressured Qb in under 2.5 seconds. If an oline can hold up for 2.5 seconds that is an oline problem.

That aside here you go enjoy

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Wilson time to throw 2.4 seconds 2021

For those saying Geno throw faster wrong, he was at 2.5

In fact, lets look at the last few years
2021 2.4
2020 2.7
2019 2,5
2018 2.5
2017 2.6
2016 2.3
2015 2.3

Wow ahh so his avg time to throw over that time frame is 2.47 given an oline should hold for 2.5 seconds seems to me that he should not be sacked, hit, hurried, and pressured as much as he is.

Now keep in mind I don't just put this on the oline I think the system used had a lot to do with it as well.

Now while some are pointing out Wilson cause of some of the sacks let's also keep i n mind Wilson saves a lot of sacks as well.
John, Wilson isn’t without his faults and discussing how we plays is perfectly fine.

Wilson is very much open to criticism as anyone else on the team including coaches.

What’s so wrong about making a hypothesis that Wilson has trouble seeing the field when he under Center?

Your never wondered why Wilson plays in shotgun so much?

You never considered could it be better for the offensive play calling if Wilson switches it up sometime and plays under Center?

You don’t do 3 step and 7 step drops when you play in shotgun.

3 and 7 step drops are considered timing passes in which Wilson does not do.

Maybe if he does it can change the flow and rhythm of the game?

But if anything seems like a shot at Wilson, you will defend him, right?

That’s why Wilson has become coddled by Carroll.

Carroll brought in Shotty to criticize Wilson cause Carroll was too afraid to do so himself.

And then long and behold, Shotty was let go.

Wilson has been coddled tremendously by Carroll.

Remember when Sherman told Wilson he “f’in sucks!” in practice?

Sherman was eventually let go because he appeared to be not such a fan of Wilson’s all the time and among other things as well.

Wilson has been incredibly coddled and Wilson can be criticized just as any player and coach.

Wilson isn’t above anyone else.

opinions vary glad you have an opinion! wish you had more facts to support it buts that's okay

Your stats support nothing. You post them without context and pretend they're proof of whatever you say, no matter what it is.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
nwHawk":9ur063bw said:
Agreed.

Also, from under center QBs use 3,5 and 7 step drops as well as roll outs on passing downs. This partially slows down the pass rush as they have to diagnose that is going on and then react. If Russ is in shotgun and is at “his spot” most of the time he receives the snap doesn’t that make it easier on pass rushers? They can sprint upfield with their hair on fire. Might explain why the time to throw metric is so bad. Wether Russ wants to accept it or not he is part of the problem.
According to Matty Brown and CMike, Russell is poor at executing the 5/7 step drop passing game. So we don't use it much. Also probably why we're not under center much in the passing game

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":2hg4qbkc said:
nwHawk":2hg4qbkc said:
Agreed.

Also, from under center QBs use 3,5 and 7 step drops as well as roll outs on passing downs. This partially slows down the pass rush as they have to diagnose that is going on and then react. If Russ is in shotgun and is at “his spot” most of the time he receives the snap doesn’t that make it easier on pass rushers? They can sprint upfield with their hair on fire. Might explain why the time to throw metric is so bad. Wether Russ wants to accept it or not he is part of the problem.
According to Matty Brown and CMike, Russell is poor at executing the 5/7 step drop passing game. So we don't use it much. Also probably why we're not under center much in the passing game

LOL, but none of these would be considered as "facts' by our great John63, therefore should not be discussed on dot net. lol, again according to John63, one shouldn't opine unless one has facts, or trustworthy links, otherwise one would just be 'hating' on our great franchise QB.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3p4k2yem said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3p4k2yem said:
Sherman was eventually let go because he appeared to be not such a fan of Wilson’s all the time and among other things as well.

Sherman was not let go due to his relationship with Wilson. Just stop. Sherman was let go because he didnt agree with Carrolls philosophy of dumping everything on the defenses lap and of course his contract.
You don’t think part of the reason Sherman was released was in fact because he did not fully support Wilson as the driver of the franchise?

The Legion of Boom defense had a responsibility increasing to win games with the team handing the keys to Wilson when Lynch was obviously not the focal point anymore.

This rubbed the defensive players the wrong way. The friction between players in the locker room was real.

Carroll knew this and had to make significant changes.

Sherman leaving was due to his influence in the locker room and simultaneously his ending contract.

If Sherman was so important to Carroll, Carroll would have extended him.

Sherman said himself, he gave Seattle an opportunity to match or counter the contract the Niners gave him but Seattle declined.

After Sherman left, the number corner one spot was a tough spot for Carroll to replace and many can argue still hasn’t been the same after Sherman.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":3e57vh06 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":3e57vh06 said:
John63":3e57vh06 said:
pittpnthrs":3e57vh06 said:
I wish I would have kept that stat that Wilson was pressured on average 2.1 seconds after the snap and that was from the shotgun position, but I didnt. As for lining up in the shotgun for the majority of snaps, I thought Wilson did that because he was constantly getting killed when he dropped back under center, not because of his height.

He did but that does not fit their narrative so it has to be his height. You need to understand they are trying to everything is Wilson's fault.

There is a stat posted in this foru m showing Wilson is the most sacked, hit, hurried, and pressured Qb in under 2.5 seconds. If an oline can hold up for 2.5 seconds that is an oline problem.

That aside here you go enjoy

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

Wilson time to throw 2.4 seconds 2021

For those saying Geno throw faster wrong, he was at 2.5

In fact, lets look at the last few years
2021 2.4
2020 2.7
2019 2,5
2018 2.5
2017 2.6
2016 2.3
2015 2.3

Wow ahh so his avg time to throw over that time frame is 2.47 given an oline should hold for 2.5 seconds seems to me that he should not be sacked, hit, hurried, and pressured as much as he is.

Now keep in mind I don't just put this on the oline I think the system used had a lot to do with it as well.

Now while some are pointing out Wilson cause of some of the sacks let's also keep i n mind Wilson saves a lot of sacks as well.
John, Wilson isn’t without his faults and discussing how we plays is perfectly fine.

Wilson is very much open to criticism as anyone else on the team including coaches.

What’s so wrong about making a hypothesis that Wilson has trouble seeing the field when he under Center?

Your never wondered why Wilson plays in shotgun so much?

You never considered could it be better for the offensive play calling if Wilson switches it up sometime and plays under Center?

You don’t do 3 step and 7 step drops when you play in shotgun.

3 and 7 step drops are considered timing passes in which Wilson does not do.

Maybe if he does it can change the flow and rhythm of the game?

But if anything seems like a shot at Wilson, you will defend him, right?

That’s why Wilson has become coddled by Carroll.

Carroll brought in Shotty to criticize Wilson cause Carroll was too afraid to do so himself.

And then long and behold, Shotty was let go.

Wilson has been coddled tremendously by Carroll.

Remember when Sherman told Wilson he “f’in sucks!” in practice?

Wilson has been incredibly coddled and Wilson can be criticized just as any player and coach.

Wilson isn’t above anyone else.

I agree with you. As a matter of fact, I advocated to trade Wilson last off-season for four reasons:

1. The dysfunctional relationship between Pete and Russ, sort of inmates running the asylum.
2. Declining trade value that comes with aging, more injury prune and lost of athleticism due to aging.
3. Wilson's increasingly unwillingness to play to his strength, ie to function as game manager in Peteball.
4. Wilson wanted to leave, naming 4 destinations, no doubt caused by (1) and (3).

I couldn't see us winning super bowl in the next two years, after that Wilson will be a FA and we shall get very little in trade value. I considered myself a diehard Russell Wilson fan, but I am a Hawks fan first or foremost.
Me too, brother!

John63

Reaction score
LOL some of you are hilarious. An oline is supposed to hold up for 2.5 seconds. Wilson's avg from snap to throw, hit, hurry, sack or pressured etc is 2.47 and yet you are trying hard to still blame him. Despite the fact it all ha[ppens in under the 2,5 threashold.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
John63":3h62218q said:
LOL some of you are hilarious. An oline is supposed to hold up for 2.5 seconds. Wilson's avg from snap to throw, hit, hurry, sack or pressured etc is 2.47 and yet you are trying hard to still blame him. Despite the fact it all ha[ppens in under the 2,5 threashold.
Here you go people, our great John63 has spoken: other QBs got 2.5sec, our poor Russ only had 2.47 sec. All kinds of bad things happened in that eternity of 0.03 second.

If only the OL could hold an additional 0.03sec, Russ would have been the MVP, we shan't have third down issues.

0.03 seconds, may not sounded a lot, but it's a whole 30 milliseconds.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":2zyaamj9 said:
John63":2zyaamj9 said:
Here you go people, our great John63 has spoken: other QBs got 2.5sec, our poor Russ only had 2.47 sec. All kinds of bad things happened in that eternity of 0.03 second.

If only the OL could hold an additional 0.03sec, Russ would have been the MVP, we shan't have third down issues.

That may not sound like much. But, it works out to 30 billion picoseconds ....... that's 30,000,000,000 picoseconds ..... a huge number. :lol:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
toffee":2iy00zli said:
John63":2iy00zli said:

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
A world of difference!

Lol, you gotta love it!

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Jville":1snm8qec said:
toffee":1snm8qec said:
John63":1snm8qec said:

That may not sound like much. But, it works out to 30 billion picoseconds ....... that's 30,000,000,000 picoseconds ..... a huge number. :lol:

An elite franchise QB could do so much in those 30,000,000,000 picoseconds