How worried are you about the inconsistent offense?

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
i am kind of worried. I understand we have a GREAT defense but we need to be better on offense.

Our defense lowers the point ceiling of other teams, which allows our offense to score enough points to win the game.

Hope we never get into a situation where we have to play major catchup. It can happen, even with our defense.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":2shigzkt said:
Did you not see December last year?

The offense had so many ??????????, that almost everyone picked us to lose every game.

In December this year, the opposite. It is not inconsistent. Give credit to the Rams defense, they always play us tough.

Color me, not worried in the tiniest bit.
You think it's fair to tell the defense "Hey, guys; the onus is all on you, and you can't make a single mistake on the way to the Super Bowl because our offense sure won't pick up the slack. GO HAWKS!"

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
This team, like all others, has an O, D, and ST. They all do their part . I'm having too much fun watching this year's team do what they do to worry. Six wins in a row to end the regular season?? Holy crap! Go Hawks!!

trharder

Reaction score
Holy hell! If we don't need to worry about the offense, they were are winning the Super Bowl. AGAIN!!!!
Thank you guys... :thirishdrinkers:

253hawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone realizes it, but this was the first season in franchise history that we broke 6000 yards of total offense, a full 600 more than last year and 100 yards better than the 2005 squad. And that's with Bevell dicking around for 1/3 of the season with Harvin.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I am 100% unworried by the offense. Did we need to open things up on offense in order to beat the Rams? With our defense we will win the Superbowl this year so long as Russ puts on his game manager helmet and we take care of the football. There's no reason to mess that up just because we don't always have a lot of passing yards.

If you want to see our offense playing aggressive just look at every game where we needed to score points. Second half bucs, second half falcons, OT broncos this year - we've shown that we can score when we need to. I would just as soon not see that, however, and win our remaining three games with boringly conservative offense because we were comfortably ahead all game.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2ataz4sg said:
Ostatehawk":2ataz4sg said:
Any word on when those two guys will return? Unger especially.....

No update since the game, but the word was that Unger could at least possibly go all the way until he was scratched before gametime. Gotta think two more weeks gets him back on the field.

We may need more offense by then if Hill is out. Some nice looooong, clock-eating drives. Hopefully he is ready by then.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":2qqzmz39 said:
If the Hawks play the Cowboys at all in the playoffs we have to be very careful with there offense they seem to be a offensive machine right know.
You mean like Denver was last Season?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":natyj6d3 said:
Largent80":natyj6d3 said:
Did you not see December last year?

The offense had so many ??????????, that almost everyone picked us to lose every game.

In December this year, the opposite. It is not inconsistent. Give credit to the Rams defense, they always play us tough.

Color me, not worried in the tiniest bit.
You think it's fair to tell the defense "Hey, guys; the onus is all on you, and you can't make a single mistake on the way to the Super Bowl because our offense sure won't pick up the slack. GO HAWKS!"
If "Defenses Win Championships", then why isn't it fair? Ahhh, maybe there's more to it than that eh?

endzorn

Reaction score
Our offense is a hammer and our defense is an anvil. It might not look pretty, but they're brutally effective together.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
Like many here I am not that worried about our Offense. They make plays when they need to.

Also I think many under appreciate how well our Offense has been giving our defense a rest. Even when they have not scored they have moved the ball for the most part and start flipping the field and allowing the defense to flex its muscle.

This team works together the offense helps the defense and our Defense definitely help the offense.

This offense has had a lot of kill the clock end of game drives of late. They could have scored more points than they have if they wanted to. But winning is what it is all about.

I think we will see some sweet games coming soon, two more wins and it's party time in Glendale!!!!!

Go Hawks!!!

Riley12

Reaction score
sutz":1g803l1e said:
Not too worried. We were playing some of the best defenses in the league in Dec, and teams that play us twice a year and know us well.

I think we'll be fine.

Yep. Just like last year at this time, we finished out against some of the better defenses in the league and the offensive production dipped, then people panicked.

Ozzy

Reaction score
We finished 5th in offensive DVOA. The offense will be fine, especially against teams like GB, Dallas, NE etc.

Latest posts