Humiliating loss.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Aros":l4pcvuw0 said:
NET is a dumpster fire after a loss. It's quite humorous to be perfectly honest. Take a break from the site for a few days, calm down, and come back with a clearer head that tells you the truth that this was merely a loss on the schedule against a good NFC team that was fired up as if this was their personal Super Bowl.

Shit happens. The Seahawks will recover, get healthier and be fine.

R E L A X

Merely a loss on the schedule?

That offensive line performance should be ringing alarms on so many levels. That was the single worst display of an inept offensive line I can remember in any level of football. Try to picture a team with that offensive line having the smallest chance of going anywhere in the postseason. Hardly just a tough loss on the road vs a good team. This was much more than that. This is a fatal flaw.

OP
OP
RussB

RussB

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3q06y24x said:
RussB":3q06y24x said:
Couldnt score a sinngle TD on one of the worst D's in the league, and made the bucs O look like the 2013 broncos. Got outplayed by an iferior team once again that wont even make that playoffs most likely.

Just hope this is solely because of the injuries and because britt wasnt there and doesnt carry over into next week and the week after that.

Embarassing still. They were supposed to blow them out even with the injuries they are still better.

If you take away the Bucs first 2 drives, our D shut them out. I don't know how anyone would think this would be a blowout. They were missing 3 key pieces on defense and arguably the glue to the oline.

I didnt think britt would really sit out.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Mistashoesta":3djw7cao said:
I don't know man. This game was the first game this season that was difficult to watch for me. Now that the game is over and I've had time to process it, I am fine. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely frustrated during the game.

It was a very frustrating game. It was also a classic trap game.

- decimated with injury
- cross country road trip
- easy team to overlook
- some players might have bought into all the press clippings and hype the national media was dishing out this week.

Sometimes a little humble pie is the best medicine. Important thing is we still have a three game lead in the division with 5 games left and control our own destiny for the #2 seed. Factor in the teams that appear will make the playoffs don't have nearly the amount of playoff experience as the Seahawks have, they're still in a great spot.

nash72

Reaction score
For some reason, i'm just not that bothered by this loss. It was a bad game. I cant think of anybody that really played well except for maybe KJ Wright. Russ had his worse day as a Seahawk in my opinion. He couldnt throw a rock into the ocean today. Bad passes galore. The offensive line was atrocious as usual. Sherman got shredded by Evans. Kearse was just awful and i've defended him in the past. Not sure I can anymore. Bevell called a lousy game, but thats nothing new. The bubble screens were in full force again and it might be time to abandon the illegal Kearse play as he gets called for it constantly. Even Rawls was getting on my nerves with his stupid spinning thats going to get him hurt again, Oh well.

Better days are coming, but I dont feel this team has any kind of a legitimate shot at the Superbowl. It is what it is.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Not worried. I expected a win but knew this was going to be a difficult game.

2nd cross country road trip in 3 weeks, sandwhich between that ultra physical matchup with the Eagles.

Just unfortunate that TBs Defense was playing inspired for Verner. Coupled with rookie Hunt taking over OC, and the decision to start Sowell over Gilliam, and Fant finally looking like a raw convert. Hand it to TB exploiting that completely and forcing Russ to live or die on the deep ball.

Good news is this team usually responds well to its failures. And the defense played well enough to win after starting out bad.

soje

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3fc54fx1 said:
Aros":3fc54fx1 said:
NET is a dumpster fire after a loss. It's quite humorous to be perfectly honest. Take a break from the site for a few days, calm down, and come back with a clearer head that tells you the truth that this was merely a loss on the schedule against a good NFC team that was fired up as if this was their personal Super Bowl.

Shit happens. The Seahawks will recover, get healthier and be fine.

R E L A X

Aros, our voice of reason. Thank you.

It was a lousy game, but it was only one game. The season isn't over.

If this was a playoff game, then I'd be losing my mind right now. It's not. It was a predictable road loss to a team that acted like this was the Superbowl

I don't like this idea that TB was playing their Super Bowl against us. It sounds condescending. I just think that we're not that good this year. If the opposing team has a decent plan, our OL is too bad to allow for any play to develop.

The Bucs didn't even have to play a perfect game to completely outplay us this afternoon. They only scored 14 points, they missed a FG, and they turned over the ball twice. And still, they dominated us. It was like men playing against boys.

Also, why are we always playing from the shotgun? Why not more plays with Wilson under center and a FB and RB behind him? This could decrease pressure on the OL and allow for the read option plays that worked so well for us in the past. If you notice that your OL is allowing too much pressure on your QB, why don't you make a change?

nash72

Reaction score
The more I think about it, yes, this was a humiliating loss.

Cards dropped 40 on the Bucs
Rams dropped 37 on the Bucs
Oakland put up 30
Atlanta put up 43

Our offense mustered up 3 points and that was due to a PI call. Even with the line, there is no reason this offense should be this bad. The Browns would have smoked us today.

Latest posts