I’ll say it!

pmedic920

Reaction score
I’ve mentioned in other places also.

Lions drafted well this year, and I think they will contend in the NFC.

I get it, they beat the Chiefs minus a couple key players but the Chiefs are defending Champs.

I think they will be in the mix come playoff time.

Edit: for side note.

The changes of a team making the SB drops significantly when a team loses their first game. It’s not the tell all, but statistically speaking it’s significant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
In the mix but imo not a contender for a super bowl. Chiefs had a real bad game.
Well I didn’t mean that I’m picking them to be in the SB.
I suppose that “contend” is a bit subjective.

I’m just saying I think they have as solid of a chance as we (the Seahawks) do.

Again, they drafted well, and to come out and beat the Chiefs at home in the first game of the season, in spite of the Chiefs not being 100% is impressive IMO.
I already suspected they were better than most were crediting them with.
Tonight solidified my opinion.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Lions will be fun to watch.

Campbell is a good coach - enjoy him. In his presser after the game he said when asked - I didn’t learn anything, I verified what I already knew.

And yay for Goff.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
The number of false starts by KC's right tackle was something to behold. I guess he's allowed to do that when everyone else is not. He must not have false started at least 15 times.

Congrats to the Lions. I like teams that use the run game to open up play action. Goff seems really at home in Detroit.

Chiefs 2nd half possessions: Talk about ouch.

• Punt
  • Pick 6
  • Punt
  • FG
  • FG
  • Punt
  • Downs

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The number of false starts by KC's right tackle was something to behold. I guess he's allowed to do that when everyone else is not. He must not have false started at least 15 times.

Congrats to the Lions. I like teams that use the run game to open up play action. Goff seems really at home in Detroit.

Chiefs 2nd half possessions: Talk about ouch.

• Punt
  • Pick 6
  • Punt
  • FG
  • FG
  • Punt
  • Downs
Not sure how that guy didn't get flagged numerous times????

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm still not sold on Goff. He seems to still wilt in the big moments.

So while I agree the Lions are stacked with young talent, and have really drafted well the past couple years. But I'm going to need to see Goff come up big when it counts.

Starting after they play the Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
By week 18 nobody will remember who was out for the Chiefs, all everyone will see is a W. Every team has to deal with injuries, Chiefs had their time game one out of the gate, week 10 a team doesn't get an asterisk with a loss or a win anymore then week one.

bileever

Reaction score
Jawaan Taylor's going to have to clean up his play. Good for Collingsworth and Tirico for calling it out and getting their rules expert to explain how it was against the rules.

I also liked how they explained that Jawaan Taylor basically signaled whether it was going to be a run play or a pass play. Think they may have overpaid him, $80 million over 4 years?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
By week 18 nobody will remember who was out for the Chiefs, all everyone will see is a W. Every team has to deal with injuries, Chiefs had their time game one out of the gate, week 10 a team doesn't get an asterisk with a loss or a win anymore then week one.

But Mahomes and the Chiefs are the NFL media darlings, so we MUST make excuses for when they lose.

The Lions went into Arrowhead and pushed the Chiefs all over the field in the 2nd half, and made some great stops when they needed to. No one should be taking anything away from them.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Taylor was also cheating with the way he was lining up. Again, no calls. That shit was pissing me off. It was so blatant and yet the refs refused to throw a flag until late in the game. There is no way that it went unnoticed. The ref made a conscious decision to ignore it. That is what pissed me off. Do your damn job!