I’m callin it, Brock Purdy is him

scutterhawk

Reaction score
all correct, although not sure the Oline is all pro. Trent is, others are decent/good, a few can be problems depending on the matchups.
Trent makes the players next to him substantially better, he's also the catalyst for making plays work that are unsustainable with players that are subbed in his stead.
Just ask Geno Smith how Luxurious it would be to have Solidity; Consistency & Continuity with your O-Line when anchored with an All Pro like Williams.
And see how fast the Running/Passing attack unraveled after Cross & Lucas went out with injuries.
McCaffery, Debo & Kittle, along with an O-Line anchored by Trent Williams + a damned solid 'Defense', absolutely DOES HELP Brock Purdy to be the best he can be.

Last edited:

94Smith

Reaction score
Trent Williams didn't go out until the 4th quarter, Purdy did not have a bad game because of him. The first pick was bad yes. The second was a great play by the defender. The 3rd bounced up and off Kittle. The 4th was o line pressure from the right side which hit his arm. Baltimore has a great defense. Save for the picks, the 49ers were moving the ball. Great defenders make great plays.

Shanahans offense is built to be played with the lead and relies on play action and running the ball. 49ers offensive line is not built to hold up to relentless pass rush and other than Williams, does not have a lot of star power.

I think the 49ers can beat Baltimore, but it is never going to be a cake walk. I know they can run the table in the NFC because currently they are 5-0 against NFC playoff teams with a plus 92 point differential against those teams

OP
OP
Weadoption

Weadoption

Reaction score
Trent makes the players next to him substantially better, he's also the catalyst for making plays work that are unsustainable with players that are subbed in his stead.
Just ask Geno Smith how Luxurious it would be to have Solidity; Consistency & Continuity with your O-Line when anchored with an All Pro like Williams.
And see how fast the Running/Passing attack unraveled after Cross & Lucas went out with injuries.
McCaffery, Debo & Kittle, along with an O-Line anchored by Trent Williams + a damned solid 'Defense', absolutely DOES HELP Brock Purdy to be the best he can be.
i can’t take you seriously without more caps.
i agree Purdy is a point guard, like John Stockton.

OP
OP
Weadoption

Weadoption

Reaction score
Him who throws picks and is overhyped?
he’s learning, year 2ish
overhyped yes but dude didn’t pick his draft slot. it’s the draft slot angle they won’t ever stop milking likely.
it would be less of a story if he was just another undrafted free agent, which he practically almost but not quite was.
but with Mr Irrelevant, oh that’s Disney fairy dust level stuff.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Trent Williams didn't go out until the 4th quarter, Purdy did not have a bad game because of him. The first pick was bad yes. The second was a great play by the defender. The 3rd bounced up and off Kittle. The 4th was o line pressure from the right side which hit his arm. Baltimore has a great defense. Save for the picks, the 49ers were moving the ball. Great defenders make great plays.

Shanahans offense is built to be played with the lead and relies on play action and running the ball. 49ers offensive line is not built to hold up to relentless pass rush and other than Williams, does not have a lot of star power.

I think the 49ers can beat Baltimore, but it is never going to be a cake walk. I know they can run the table in the NFC because currently they are 5-0 against NFC playoff teams with a plus 92 point differential against those teams

Not trying to be rude at all, but just curious as to why you post here, when the webzone has vastly improved their UI? Before, the webzone was like the donkey forums, just cluttered garbage all over. But now, the webzone is actually usable now.

94Smith

Reaction score
Not trying to be rude at all, but just curious as to why you post here, when the webzone has vastly improved their UI? Before, the webzone was like the donkey forums, just cluttered garbage all over. But now, the webzone is actually usable now.
It's nice to see opposing opinions rather than everything through rose coloured glasses. I also don't like the threads that are 500-1000 pages long

94Smith

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention I live in Seahawk country and most of my friends who watch football cheer for the Seahawks so it is nice to fully understand the team when talking football

fenderbender123

Reaction score
. I also don't like the threads that are 500-1000 pages long

This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Having one massively long thread for each topic and just continuously adding to it. It's not fun at all. Topics break down into infinitely smaller topics.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Also forgot to mention I live in Seahawk country and most of my friends who watch football cheer for the Seahawks so it is nice to fully understand the team when talking football

Sure, gotcha. Just wanted to know your reasons. Not looking to start a fight.

But yeah, you're right, in that this place is manageable. Never understood the 100's or 1000's pages long threads at other forums. It becomes unmanageable fast, and often gets repetitive when people say the same things in the same thread. I like the nuanced discussion, and sometimes that requires multiple threads, instead of just one thread.

But yeah, I'll have you know that my son Gustav brought over one of his friends the other day, who was wearing a SF jersey. I told Gustav I'll make a one time exception but to never bring home a front runner again...

Fanatics

Reaction score
I really hope the 49ers do their normal and avoid upgrading that OL next year. Purdy put up great numbers with like a mid 20's OL play. If they ever get the line right, that would be a nightmare.

RedAlice

Reaction score

Agree - it’s enjoyable to chat w fans of other teams, keeps up the NFCW knowledge too.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Agree - it’s enjoyable to chat w fans of other teams, keeps up the NFCW knowledge too.
No doubt.

There is a reason I post here.

BTW Red, yer Rams are just about the only NFC team that has me nervous.

Niners did one of two things thins year....lose close or win big. The only exception was Cincy, Balt, and that first Rams game. Last game has huge asterisk of course as neither team was really playing for it (felt like preseason), but that first matchup was one of the closer games all year and they didn't have Kupp.

Rematch would make me nervous.

OP
OP
Weadoption

Weadoption

Reaction score
No doubt.

There is a reason I post here.

BTW Red, yer Rams are just about the only NFC team that has me nervous.

Niners did one of two things thins year....lose close or win big. The only exception was Cincy, Balt, and that first Rams game. Last game has huge asterisk of course as neither team was really playing for it (felt like preseason), but that first matchup was one of the closer games all year and they didn't have Kupp.

Rematch would make me nervous.
imagine having to be nervous about thinking we can win this game if we can just stop the Niners rushing attack.
good
luck

94Smith

Reaction score
I really hope the 49ers do their normal and avoid upgrading that OL next year. Purdy put up great numbers with like a mid 20's OL play. If they ever get the line right, that would be a nightmare.
I would put money on it that they will be drafting a LT in the first round. Eventual replacement for Williams or perhaps he retires after this year?

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I freakin' HATE Brock Purdy. From his smug punchable face, to his fist pumps of success. I also think he is not a good QB when his team is playing from behind (maybe his only true weakness, but it's a big one), so far at least.

I respect his talent though, and it's why I hate him, cuz he is with a division rival. Anyone denying he will be top 5 for years to come, barring injury, is probably a fool. Yeah he's for real, and it sucks!

Latest posts