I apologize for ever doubting harvin's toughness

Uncle Si

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":3oqodq3p said:
Blitzer88":3oqodq3p said:
Just hope he can get back for next week. Offense needs him badly!

You don't need him at all. You can win it all without him. He has contributed basically nothing to your team since you picked him up. What is this love affair with a player who has never done anything for your team? I am sorry, but I just don't get it.

I love Michael Jordan. Never played for any Seattle team. Harvins a great talent.

I don't understand why its so hard to for people to get excited about what he can bring... Or why hoping he contributes somehow is an offense to the rest of the team.

Dumb really

5280Hawk

Reaction score
Yep, he is a factor, and I was a saints "supporter" until the hit on Harvin. Now I
Hope that drew Brees, asks for a trade out of that dirty organization.

Mindsink

Reaction score
You can tell a lot about the football IQ of the folks here by whether or not they think Percy is valuable to this offense.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
His is not valuable to the offense when he is unable to play. What about that is hard for you to understand?

mjwhitay

Reaction score
This is a joke. Lock this thread. He sustained a concussion after getting rocked already earlier in the game. And it's his fault again that he couldn't finish. I truly despise you guys that think that.

Geologic

Reaction score
Besides the helmet to helmet hit, lets question his toughness from his second hit

XVm9l2Q

Yeah no. Russell shouldn't have thrown that medical waiver if anything but you can't hate on Russell for giving his receivers a chance to make a big play

hawk45

Reaction score
Coming back after the first vicious headshot sealed it for me, he wants to ball.

As to him not being a factor, no. The offense is different with him out there. He gets open, makes great catches when he's not open, draws double coverage. Impact player.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
edit:
awesome, he looked great. thats why hes making millions of dollars. too bad hes injury prone, im sick of people saying otherwise. dude looks like he could sprain an ankle tripping over a blade of grass.

NJHawksFan

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3xzrlryb said:
AsylumGuido":3xzrlryb said:
Blitzer88":3xzrlryb said:
Just hope he can get back for next week. Offense needs him badly!

You don't need him at all. You can win it all without him. He has contributed basically nothing to your team since you picked him up. What is this love affair with a player who has never done anything for your team? I am sorry, but I just don't get it.
Too true, the man has done nothing all year long and fans are still saying this team needs him. I also think its hilarious that a thread is started about the toughness of a player that has played in two games all year and has never finished a game yet.

Russell Wilson didn't even complete a pass in the 3rd quarter. Baldwin was the leading receiver and he had 2 catches. The passing game sucks. They need him if they want to be any sort of threat through the air, which they need to be if they want to win tight games against the likes of Denver, New England or SF. Do you guys seriously think anyone is scared of Golden Tate and Doug Baldwin? We love them, but they attract the attention of one CB or safety - nobody else. When Harvin is on the field, EVERYONE on the defense is looking at him. Can't say the same for anyone else outside of Lynch on this O. But nah, he hasn't played so he's worthless.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
One half with Percy and the offense showed a pulse, he's gone, pulse gone. To say he's not an element that could help this team is silly. This team is great without him, greater with him. Hell of a baller and I hope to see him next week and for years to come.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I saw one stupid comment today (not from a Hawks fan) saying maybe the Seahawks rushed him back and that's why he got hurt today. Yeah, caues hip issue made him more susceptible to a concussion. It's bad luck that happened to him today. I don't think that had anything to do with him being injury prone. That was a head shot and a lot of guys have been knocked out of games for that.

Absolutely he was a factor in this game. He had the 9 yard run before the first Lynch TD. He made a huge play on that third down catch when the Saints blitzed which lead to a FG. This is a bit of a stretch but getting open on that first series led to the series of events that led to the first FG. WIthout one of his catches the Hawks don't get one of their FGs, and he made plays on drives that led to 10 other points in a game where points were hard to come by.

Would be great to have him in there next week.

strohmin

Reaction score
Jesus Christ... The guy hasnt taken an NFL hit in a year and a half and he took TWO! Hard NFL hits. His body needs time to get used to that kind of abuse again.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Nice to know his hips and hamstrings held up. If no headaches/migraines tomorrow and he is back to practice by Wednesday then I'm happy.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
If Wilson throws that screen to Harvin on the zone read he would have had a big gain. The following play where Harvin had to leap high to make that clutch 3rd down catch would be unnecessary. RW must make the easy plays to protect his skill players. RW gotta change offensive tempo to get defense on their heels. Bevell needs to add more wrinkles to keep this offense from stagnating. Can't continue his predictable playcalling.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
strohmin":38oqmu35 said:
Jesus Christ... The guy hasnt taken an NFL hit in a year and a half and he took TWO! Hard NFL hits. His body needs time to get used to that kind of abuse again.

his body will probably never get used to the abuse...thats kind of the problem. I really hope im wrong, but im just saying, dude looks like the kind of guy who stubs his finger peeling an orange and sits out practice the next day with a sprained thumb.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":379gwphf said:
strohmin":379gwphf said:

his body will probably never get used to the abuse...thats kind of the problem. I really hope im wrong, but im just saying, dude looks like the kind of guy who stubs his finger peeling an orange and sits out practice the next day with a sprained thumb.
Nah. Harvin is more muscular than you guys think. He is bigger and more muscular than Tate and Baldwin.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1jfol5b2 said:
strohmin":1jfol5b2 said:

You saw the two hits right?

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
comparing tates and harvins body types in a rational between why someone wont get injured... :177692:

and yes i saw the 2 hits. welcome to the nfl. If you think percy wont get laid out like that at his size on the regular then you are sadly mistaken. its common sense a smaller guy is going to go down harder. probably why they are trying to keep RW from running it more than he needs to.

oasis

Reaction score
Geologic":3243v1q8 said:
Besides the helmet to helmet hit, lets question his toughness from his second hit

XVm9l2Q

Yeah no. Russell shouldn't have thrown that medical waiver if anything but you can't hate on Russell for giving his receivers a chance to make a big play
I'm just rewatching that hit and can't help but feel that Harvin did not expect to be hit from behind.
-- other players usually have their elbows/forearms in front of them and ready to prevent any unexpected damage.
In a fair world, Rafael Bush would be sitting in jail right now. What bothers me most was how that POS was hi-fiving the coaches and players for such a "great" hit. Like that was a heroic act to launch your helmet into someone's head. Worthless. Scum.