I apologize for ever doubting harvin's toughness

Fanatics

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone noticed but after the hit that knocked him out for good, it looked like he grabbed his hip area first. I am afraid that he was concussed on the first hit today and reinjured himself on the 2nd hit...he is definitely having a rough year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":26f3yao5 said:
comparing tates and harvins body types in a rational between why someone wont get injured... :177692:

and yes i saw the 2 hits. welcome to the nfl. If you think percy wont get laid out like that at his size on the regular then you are sadly mistaken. its common sense a smaller guy is going to go down harder. probably why they are trying to keep RW from running it more than he needs to.

I get what youre saying. But his injury today wasn't about "toughness". He got smashed in the head the first time, the second his head was driven to the turf...

These are not NFL hits (anymore). Its not like he got tackled hard. He suffered a concussion.

I watched him in Minnesota for the last three years. He can take a hit. To the head is a different matter

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
well i think he plays a nasty breed of ball in that sense of toughness, the ability to handle the aftermath of all that is what makes a real football player though. If he plays 3/4 of the seasons for the rest of his term here ill be content. but thats highly unlikely. seemed to workout well for rice though so im sure he will enjoy his stay.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
He missed 3 f***ing games in his previous 4 years in the league until last season when he had a minor ankle injury that a date with the Seahawks turned into a season ending ankle injury, I guess he never got tackled or hit hard in any of his previous years in the NFL? Holy crap man, people talk about one of the most explosive weapons in the NFL like he's made of glass, he's not. His former team mate Adrian Peterson called Percy the "best player in the NFL" but I guess he's not long for the league because an unfortunate ankle injury, some hip surgery, and a concussion after being obviously targeted by a team with a history of bounty issues means he's not tough enough and can't hack it in the NFL. Go watch badminton...

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
misses over 20 games in 2 years...NBD.

lets face the facts, harvins the kind of guy who gets an ear infection when his teammates play the radio too loud.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Mr.Hawkbrah":1yuxw0kx said:
lets face the facts, harvins the kind of guy who gets an ear infection when his teammates play the radio too loud.

Let me run at you full speed and nail you in the head.. then come back and run full speed into your back to plant your already shaken head face first into the ground.

I wonder if you would be injured too?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ridiculous hit. He didn't spear him with the helmet but he certainly lead with it (and launched to make the hit).

Guy should have been bounced imo.

Attachments

• percy_002.png
    percy_002.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 1,006

oasis

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1iefpj24 said:
Ridiculous hit. He didn't spear him with the helmet but he certainly lead with it (and launched to make the hit).

Guy should have been bounced imo.
Yes, and like I mentioned earlier, the celebrating with the players and coaches after the launched helmet hit was sickening. He was being hi-fived and praised like a hero for the most cowardly and underhanded action.

Exittium

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3a2twojn said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":3a2twojn said:
comparing tates and harvins body types in a rational between why someone wont get injured... :177692:

and yes i saw the 2 hits. welcome to the nfl. If you think percy wont get laid out like that at his size on the regular then you are sadly mistaken. its common sense a smaller guy is going to go down harder. probably why they are trying to keep RW from running it more than he needs to.

I get what youre saying. But his injury today wasn't about "toughness". He got smashed in the head the first time, the second his head was driven to the turf...

These are not NFL hits (anymore). Its not like he got tackled hard. He suffered a concussion.

I watched him in Minnesota for the last three years. He can take a hit. To the head is a different matter

I think he showed he could take a hit when, she squared up with ET one year then Sherman Last year...

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
I didn't care about the hit till I saw coaches high fiving him on the sideline. Fine the coaches and suspend them, they should not be egging players on for those kinds of plays? Specially with a history of doing this in the playoffs and it is still happening?

Bryce84

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":3i74ze1k said:
He missed 3 f***ing games in his previous 4 years in the league until last season when he had a minor ankle injury that a date with the Seahawks turned into a season ending ankle injury, I guess he never got tackled or hit hard in any of his previous years in the NFL? Holy crap man, people talk about one of the most explosive weapons in the NFL like he's made of glass, he's not. His former team mate Adrian Peterson called Percy the "best player in the NFL" but I guess he's not long for the league because an unfortunate ankle injury, some hip surgery, and a concussion after being obviously targeted by a team with a history of bounty issues means he's not tough enough and can't hack it in the NFL. Go watch badminton...

^ This, mostly. I'm not sure I'm fully on board with him being targeted like the majority think, but I understand the suspicion. Saints came in to try to out-physical the Seahawks and get in their heads, Percy happened to be in the right place at the right time for the resulting hits. Could very well be a contributing factor as to why Russell looked off the rest of the game trying to protect his receivers more.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Largefarva":3tra0i7s said:
Where is that crow....cause I need to cook that sumbitch up and get to eaten'! Percy had some big balls after taking that first shot. Clearly they were head hunting him today.
Correct. I will help you cook it up because alot of crow needs to eaten by the usual suspects, alot!

themunn

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":315b2h0p said:
Blitzer88":315b2h0p said:
Just hope he can get back for next week. Offense needs him badly!

You don't need him at all. You can win it all without him. He has contributed basically nothing to your team since you picked him up. What is this love affair with a player who has never done anything for your team? I am sorry, but I just don't get it.

Our offense was anaemic when he went out yesterday
We have a great running back and a team full of great #2 receivers, but none of them quite have that star power that opens up avenues for other players. When Harvin is there, players bite or hesitate, and suddenly our #2 guys have loads of space to make plays.

themunn

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":xu0wftts said:
Mr.Hawkbrah":xu0wftts said:
strohmin":xu0wftts said:
Jesus Christ... The guy hasnt taken an NFL hit in a year and a half and he took TWO! Hard NFL hits. His body needs time to get used to that kind of abuse again.

his body will probably never get used to the abuse...thats kind of the problem. I really hope im wrong, but im just saying, dude looks like the kind of guy who stubs his finger peeling an orange and sits out practice the next day with a sprained thumb.
Nah. Harvin is more muscular than you guys think. He is bigger and more muscular than Tate and Baldwin.

Harvin is listed at 5'11 and 184 lbs
Baldwin is listed at 5'10 and 189 lbs
Tate is listed at 5'10 and 202 lbs

So both are smaller but heavier, Tate has nearly 20lbs on Harvin despite being smaller... and I don't think that's fat.

oasis

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":sj7juzwy said:
I didn't care about the hit till I saw coaches high fiving him on the sideline. Fine the coaches and suspend them, they should not be egging players on for those kinds of plays? Specially with a history of doing this in the playoffs and it is still happening?
Kinda suspicious if you asked me. When would a player be high-fived after causing a 15-yard penalty? HMMMM

warden

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":1ydknaw5 said:

Yeah a player gets flagged for an illegal helmet to helmet hit and the coaches are hi fiving the player. The league if serious about safety should come down hard on these coaches.

Latest posts