I beliee the holding call on Breno that called back Turbs ru

ivotuk

Reaction score
Was bogus. It was just above the waist, inside the pads and his hand never pulled away from the side. Usually you see the hand 6" away from the body with cloth in their hand, not so in this case.

That was a huge run and probably would have put the game away. I hope Pete sends that one in.

Ticky tack at the least, and at worst, it was the referee wanting to influence the game.

If not for that call, this would have been a whole different game and we wouldn't have so many "what's wrong with "x" threads.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Send it in along with the fumble recovery that wasn't and the penalty for being upset about the obviously horrible call.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yep it was a phantom hold. They missed some blatant holds on NO the whole game, until they finally called on late.
The officiating was horrible at times.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seafan":2ityuzz9 said:
RW said it looked like the OL was holding a lot.

LOL! That was last year, in the Washington game. Okung and Unger got a belly laugh out of that.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Seahawks offensive numbers get killed by that stuff. I really think that when the Hawks got out to 16-0 that there might have been a little twilight zone stuff going on there. I watched Bennett get horse collared, literally twice and no less than 4 holds not get called on NO. Don't mind the calls when they are balanced.

The Hawks were SO close to numerous sack fumbles today. I like the pressure. Some crazy passes were completed today and the Hawks won in spite of it.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
The one that pissed me off was the no call on the dude ripping Baldwin's helmet off by the facemask! wth...

mikeak

Reaction score
That and the Clemons hold was pure BS

Clemons was worse. You are allowed to put hands in receiver and he did without impacting him

Riley12

Reaction score
The hold was there, but the call was ticky tack.

What ticked me off, is this - if that instance was the standard for what would be called and what wouldn't, flags should have been
flying against New Orleans for holds all game long! Grrrr

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Riley12":1spk8xh3 said:
The hold was there, but the call was ticky tack.

What ticked me off, is this - if that instance was the standard for what would be called and what wouldn't, flags should have been
flying against New Orleans for holds all game long! Grrrr

I can see that, but I've heard multiple times that as long as it's inside the pads and you don't see fabric being pulled that it shouldn't be called. I've been trying to find something on the internet but it's an "unofficial" thing so seems no one wants to put it in writing.

lsheldon

Reaction score
The Aints were doing just as much or more holding this game than the Seahawks were. Their fans would like you to believe otherwise. It was actually a very loosely called game by the officials.