I bet Quinn is relieved to not be a head coach right now

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ditto, Cleveland, where careers go to die. I've lost count of how many QBs they've destroyed since Bernie Kosar quit playing.

Jville

Reaction score
I'll say it again ...... Dan Quinn dodged a bullet.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000325168/article/alex-mack-greg-little-saved-by-browns-shakeup[/urltargetblank]

Where do the two NFL owners in Ohio (Cleveland & Cincinnati) rank among NFL owners? ..... #31 & #32?
Jimmy Haslam ushered out general manager Mike Lombardi and ushered in Ray Farmer as his replacement, also delivering the news that CEO Joe Banner is leaving the organization.

Haslam did admit "I underestimated this," referencing how difficult it is to be an NFL owner.
[urltargetblank]http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ray-farmer-takes-over-jimmy-193000405--nfl.html[/urltargetblank]

Jville

Reaction score
Is Jimmy Haslam the new Ken Behring?

Will he destroy the team and fan support and then move the franchise to Los Angeles?

kobebryant

Reaction score
Its really too bad about that ownership/management.

Because on paper that would be an interesting opportunity to jump at: 2 1st rounders, Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, Joe Thomas; on defense Taylor, Sheard,Bryant,Rubin, Jackson, Mingo,Kruger, Haden and Ward. Fans that really care, and are hungry.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't know how "relieved" he is. It's not like someone was holding a gun to his head about that HC job.

I personally thought that he was just interviewing this for the process. Thing is, Pete encourages and helps his guys get upward mobility, correctly theorizing that he'll get more young talent when the word on the street is that he's a mentor and you can have upward mobility under Pete. If Quinn was smart, he probably talked with Pete about this opening, and I'd theorize that Pete probably encouraged him to get the interview experience for the process of becoming a HC, but honestly, I'm surprised anyone took that job after they fired Chudzinski after one year of dealing with QBs he didn't have responsibility on bringing in.

That was a move reminiscent of Al Davis in his Bat Sh*t crazy years. Haslam looks to be the new demented Al Davis. I'm happy we retained Quinn, but if he's halfway intelligent, the writing was on the wall.

jblaze

Reaction score
Browns/Raiders might be the two places I would not accept a job to if I were a candidate. You only get one, maybe two chances. Just wait until next year and you'll find a better opportunity.

Brithawk

Reaction score
I read somewhere that Chud was gone because Lombardi supposedly promised a major hire like Nick Saban, that obviously didn't occur so Lombardi is a goner for making them look like clowns

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I feel so badly for the Browns' fans.

When you look back at the crap that poor fanbase got stuck with when their team was good (it promptly moved), and then watching Baltimore win championships that should have been theirs?

It would be like watching Okie City win a championship, but maybe worse because at least the Sonics were good during a few of those decades.

Just horrible.

In that game vs Buffalo game where they trotted out the hometown boy, he looked pretty good until a borderline dirty tackle near the sidelines left them without a QB once again. If any fanbase deserves at least one trophy, they do.

Brithawk

Reaction score
Not known as the Factory of Sadness for no reason, got friends who are fans though, I'd love to see them win a ring, win the AFCCG against the Ravens to make it sweeter

korboko

Reaction score
What are the chances for the Browns to be relocated again??

TXHawkFan

Reaction score
korboko":2zl3swcq said:
What are the chances for the Browns to be relocated again??

None. They have a modern stadium, a great fanbase, and a long NFL history. The league wouldn't allow it.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
Brithawk":1rikkfuj said:
Not known as the Factory of Sadness for no reason, got friends who are fans though, I'd love to see them win a ring, win the AFCCG against the Ravens to make it sweeter

[youtube]tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

Cad

Reaction score
jblaze":wll7qdew said:
Browns/Raiders might be the two places I would not accept a job to if I were a candidate. You only get one, maybe two chances. Just wait until next year and you'll find a better opportunity.

The Raiders might not be so bad now that Al has passed on.

Yes, they really sucked this past season, but a big reason was they decided to bite the bullet and eat all the dead money from the horrible contracts Al had agreed to. But that shows a certain maturity to just get the pain out of the way, and now they can rebuild. Their cap space this year is ridiculous.

Jville

Reaction score
Raiders stadium is ridiculous ..... they will need that cap space to bring in some marque attractions to fill it.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Hawks46":19qeh0ow said:
I don't know how "relieved" he is. It's not like someone was holding a gun to his head about that HC job.

I personally thought that he was just interviewing this for the process. Thing is, Pete encourages and helps his guys get upward mobility, correctly theorizing that he'll get more young talent when the word on the street is that he's a mentor and you can have upward mobility under Pete. If Quinn was smart, he probably talked with Pete about this opening, and I'd theorize that Pete probably encouraged him to get the interview experience for the process of becoming a HC, but honestly, I'm surprised anyone took that job after they fired Chudzinski after one year of dealing with QBs he didn't have responsibility on bringing in.

That was a move reminiscent of Al Davis in his Bat Sh*t crazy years. Haslam looks to be the new demented Al Davis. I'm happy we retained Quinn, but if he's halfway intelligent, the writing was on the wall.
PC did the same thing at USC. It's a shrewd system and it succeeds bringing in coaching talent. THe Hawks defense is PC's baby anyway.

Latest posts