I didn't know, but put an asterisk next to GOAT Jerry Rice!

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score

Kinda makes ya appreciate the guys of today, the ones playing an honest game with stellar numbers.

Damn, I really liked Jerry Rice, but this is a let down to find such out...

pmedic920

Reaction score
I think it’s a bigger deal than that ex Dallas dude (M.E.) denies using it than Rice admitted it.

Brady was involved (or so it seems) in deflating FBs and he’s still considered the GOAT, why should it be any different for Rice.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Wow! Trashing the greatest Seahawk ever like that... tsk tsk. 😁

The way the gloves are now, not sure they would not be stickier that a leather glove with stickum spray.
Denver Bronco Pre-Season legend too.

m0ng0

Reaction score
The world we live in now is all about tearing people down. I would be willing to bet 95% of the people in any hall of fame in any sport were doing things to gain a competitive advantage.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Now its allegations of magnets..most players probably cheat. The nfl chooses who to make an example of..unless you really think the American hero JJ Watt was clean his entire career? Or today's hero Nick Bosa?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The world we live in now is all about tearing people down. I would be willing to bet 95% of the people in any hall of fame in any sport were doing things to gain a competitive advantage.
Quite possible but it doesn't make it right or that they deserve the accolades they got.
I'd say it makes Steve Largent that much stronger in the rankings as people had to cheat to get by him.

m0ng0

Reaction score
Quite possible but it doesn't make it right or that they deserve the accolades they got.
I'd say it makes Steve Largent that much stronger in the rankings as people had to cheat to get by him.
Truthfully we will never know if Steve ever cheated...I suppose it's possible and if he did would that change how you view him?

94Smith

Reaction score
Now its allegations of magnets..most players probably cheat. The nfl chooses who to make an example of..unless you really think the American hero JJ Watt was clean his entire career? Or today's hero Nick Bosa?
Aaron Donald is jacked as well

Threedee

Reaction score
I think it’s a bigger deal than that ex Dallas dude (M.E.) denies using it than Rice admitted it.

Brady was involved (or so it seems) in deflating FBs and he’s still considered the GOAT, why should it be any different for Rice.
Well, I think lots of people don't view deflated footballs as a big deal. Most people would have more to say about this.

balakoth

Reaction score

One game vs a career? I mean I think you answered your own question

pmedic920

Reaction score
One game vs a career? I mean I think you answered your own question.
It wasn’t really a question as much as a statement.

Fact is, when/if we get pulled over for speeding it’s not the only time we went over the speed limit. It’s the time we got caught.

No doubt in my mind that the “one game” you speak of is a very similar situation. You’d be hard pressed to convince me that when an athlete at the professional level gets caught cheating it’s the first/only time.
Im not interested in rehashing Deflategate, my point was that although JR admitted he used stickum he’s still one of the best ever in my eyes.
Sure he may have caught a few balls with stickum that he might have dropped otherwise, how many who’s to say.
I just don’t think it’s enough of an issue to say Rice is not one of the best ever. It’s my personal opinion, I don’t expect everyone to feel the same.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
This further goes to demonstrate what we already knew, that Steve Largent is the greatest wide receiver in the entire history of the NFL. He never used stickum, and he never wore gloves, "tackified" or otherwise. He did everything au naturale, based soley on his own inherent abilities and nothing else, the way football was meant to be played.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This further goes to demonstrate what we already knew, that Steve Largent is the greatest wide receiver in the entire history of the NFL. He never used stickum, and he never wore gloves, "tackified" or otherwise. He did everything au naturale, based soley on his own inherent abilities and nothing else, the way football was meant to be played.
Not sure this is factual but “I’m in” nonetheless.