I don't expect to see many changes with this team

amill87

Reaction score
I've been mulling over this for awhile. I think other than a couple mistakes, the Hawks are playing exactly how Carroll wants us to play. This is a team that is made to punch you in the face over and over until you finally give in. We aren't the Broncos or the Saints, we aren't going to average 30 pts a game.

Which brings me to another thought. I'd take this team in its current form over any in the league. I know some are gonna say the saints or broncos would walk all over us but how do we know that? I would think that their offenses would be thrown off by how physical we are. And please tell me how confident any Saint fan feels about their d after Tom Brady and the nobodies did what they did today.

This is a team built to win championships, not set offensive point records. Our defense is elite. Our run offense is elite. Our pass offense is incredibly clutch. And there is only room for improvement in other areas when we get more and more healthy.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
Improve 3rd down to 50% and buff out the redzone issues and we will be averaging well over 30 points per game.

zhawk

Reaction score
[ like this team too. not sexy, but winning. i'll take it.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":3uu555xt said:
Improve 3rd down to 50% and buff out the redzone issues and we will be averaging well over 30 points per game.

OOOh, I got one too!

"Not let the other team score points!"

WEEEEEEEEEEE!~!!!

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
12thManHawkFan":2omr72sv said:

I am beginning to think some of it is by design. Would they love a better third down rate and red zone? Of course they would. But I'm thinking they do not want to risk turnovers to do it. I think our offense is functioning for the most part as intended. Grind the game out and when they need to, pull out all the stops

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Not sure why you wouldn't want an offense like the broncos but ... A... Ok?

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1gl8r2kd said:

Simple. When the going gets tough, I have less faith in the broncos to grind it out. Peyton has made a career out of choking in clutch moments in the playoffs

Basis4day

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2wqoagq8 said:

:34853_doh: Give Peyton Manning a bit of credit.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The question to ask is whether you think this team is playing better than the team last year.

I don't know if that is true, record aside. If this team goes on a tear like the end of last year, great.

But thus far we are missing something....

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
One thing I will say, the Hawks are far better built for January football than the Saints or Donkeys. Built better for a cold weather Superb Owl too.

keasley45

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":3eescsr5 said:
One thing I will say, the Hawks are far better built for January football than the Saints or Donkeys. Built better for a cold weather Superb Owl too.

Superb Owls are overrated.

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
SonicHawk":ujpt22ov said:
12thManHawkFan":ujpt22ov said:

OOOh, I got one too!

"Not let the other team score points!"

WEEEEEEEEEEE!~!!!

Why do you have to come across as a dick, I said get a few more third down conversions and a td vice a fg on average and you have a 30 points a game offense. We already average 26. The OP made it seem like there isn't a chance in hell we average 30 points a game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Great tweet:

Jayson Jenks ‏@JaysonJenks 6m
Funny thing about Seahawks fans thinking their team isn't just right: Denver fans are thinking the same. So are Saints, 49ers and Pats fans

OP
OP
amill87

amill87

Reaction score
I'm not saying there isn't a chance we end up with 30 pts a game but I do not think it will be by design. I guess what I've started telling myself is this isn't a high powered offense. To expect the defense we have been getting (which has been elite this year so far) and expect an offense to put up 30 a game is unrealistic.