I hope the FO/head coach are done

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Our offensive line has been serviceable this year. It was definitely worse in 2012 and 2013.

Defensive line is where we really need to restock and get that quality rotation back.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
hawk45":3ja3373s said:
After Harvin there was no tidal wave of sentiment to draft WR.

Disagree with you there. Jordan Matthews, Latimer, Robinson, Moncrief, Coleman, Beckham Jr. are all very familiar names on this forum. Some even talked of trading up for Watkins or Evans. The sentiment was definitely in favor of WR.

Besides, as English said, which OL available in the late 1st helps you? Bitonio is playing well but has moved to Guard. We're not hurting there. Kouandjio can't get on the field for Buffalo.

Cartire

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":23d2exnb said:
The Harvin trade will haunt this team.

Stopped them potentially keeping hold of Tate, McDonald, Bryant, Clemons etc.

Robbed them of two cheap potential starters with a first an third.

Forced them (because they lost Tate) to look at similar wide outs early this year.

It's OK saying they need to rebuild the trenches now... but there are other possible needs too. Corner certainly. Wide out maybe... Richardson and Norwood have to prove themselves, Kearse is a prospective free agent.

Lot's of need areas. Good job they have a ton of picks coming and some cap room.

This This This.

Exactly where are all these lineman that we can just go draft or purchase? Lineman dont grow on trees, and even the best are subject to being bust because of the stress of the position they play.

We had the 32nd pick this year. What lineman would you have taken with that pick this year that would have made a good contribution?

Rat

Reaction score
There's been plenty of investment in the OL. Four of our five starters were 2nd round picks or higher (three of those by Schneider/Carroll).

The Harvin trade was a good idea at the time, as we severely lacked offensive playmakers. Execution was poor, although I'm not convinced that with more time, Harvin wouldn't have been a star here.

I wanted a WR bad in the last draft. I about lost my voice screaming for Marqise Lee repeatedly when we were on the clock.

Anthony!

Reaction score
themunn":1qw8ag0g said:
I thought the O-Line played well against Dallas and again played well in the second half against the Rams.

We don't need talent, we need execution. They have shown flashes of it over the past couple of seasons. It's time to turn those flashes into sustained impact

Yeah no they did not, Rw just made them look better than they really are. Rw was hit, hurried, and sacked more than any QB in the league during the last 2 game and is now tied for most hit, hurried and sacked QB in the league again. ITs more than just execution, it is lack of talent or scheme

Anthony!

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":e5ccc5dw said:
Our offensive line has been serviceable this year. It was definitely worse in 2012 and 2013.

Defensive line is where we really need to restock and get that quality rotation back.

ahh again no, we came into this game ranked 23rd in pass blocking and that having not played the defensive teams of Carolina, SF< Card, and not counting todays game or the rematch. RW is toed for the most hit, hurried, and sacked QB in the league again. Last year at the end of the year we were 32nd in pass blocking and Rw was #1 in hits, hurried and sacked. 2012 we needed the year ranked 20th. So unless serviceable means getting your QB killed that would be a NO, they are very bad.

peppersjap

Reaction score
Hawkfish":33x251fw said:
with 'tilt the playing field' skill positions. Time to start building this team up again from front to back. Need impact offensive and defensive LINE players.

Time to move on from Carpenter, Okung, Avril, and the like. Use that money for better, younger players.
Didn't we just win the Super Bowl in February? So amazing how a 3-3 record that easily could have been 5-1 if we had gotten some of the bounces like we did last year has turned into complete panic. All I can say is "WOW"!

Ozzy

Reaction score
The Harvin trade WILL NOT haunt this team. We are decimated by injuries. I'm tired of all the questioing of the front office and how the sky is falling after a tough loss. I hate blaming injuries as much as anyone else but seriously at some point it does make a difference. You can't hit on everything and outside of taking a QB and investing everything into him that doesn't pan out, no trade is going to tank a team. Seahawks still have a ton of talent and if they get healthy can beat anyone.

Having said that I have been less than impressed with Britt. When he gets beat he gest destroyed at the worst possible times. He has to get better in pass protection. I have seen too many instances where he doesn't even slow his guy down. I do agree that we need to draft some talent in the trenches. We are fine at the skill positions. Richardson and Norwood will turn out to be very good WR's IMO. Heck if even one of them pans out we look ok there. I was very impressed with Richardson yesterday.

Hawks46

Reaction score
HawkWow":2nytu3ry said:
DavidSeven":2nytu3ry said:
hawk45":2nytu3ry said:
DavidSeven":2nytu3ry said:
Most here loved the original Harvin deal and were clamoring for the Seahawks to burn a 1st rounder on a WR this year. Building an NFL roster is tough.

Yes, we do need better talent in the trenches. Paul Richardson also looks good.

There has been a chorus of fans pleading for OL help for years. That has been a consistent refrain.

I also wanted OL with the first pick. They used their second. Not bad. Britt looks okay. People weren't expecting Max to get hurt and for Okung to look like a shell of himself. No pick in the late 1st round would've addressed those issues.

Let's not pretend the vast majority of this fanbase hasn't been screaming for WRs over the last two years.

Agreed. And this why the vast majority seldom agree with my posts and I will start changing my perspectives when they do.

Perhaps the oldest football related adage: "the game is won and lost in the trenches" still rings true. it was that mentality that won Pete a Natty. Watching Wilson get hammered (in Stl, etc) last year should have been all the FO, or anyone, needed to see to fully understand the importance of OL over WR.

Putting this into perspective, I do now understand why the FO felt they needed a new Harvin, but still, you don't put the cart before the horse. Richardson should be a nice complement, but we were also more than fine with the WRs we had.

I can see why they went with Harvin; half of our OL is marginally good, Okung is always hurt, and they did draft Britt. Harvin theoretically could've hidden a lot of OL problems with his quick separation and plays around the LOS. It was a gamble and we lost. All we can do now is move on.

We really do need an impact TE and at least one WR that can win one on one matchups. We might already have that WR on our roster.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Whatever needs to be done to get O-linemen to stop lunging at air, forgetting the snap count, holding because they're out of position or out-maneuvered, and standing around blocking no one as plays wind down, I am in favor of.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
This game is won or lost on the line. We seem to lack discipline on the O-line as penalties have killed several TDs. 10+ penalties is unacceptable. I am just as concerned perhaps more so that the D line has had difficulty stopping the rush and putting pressure on the passer. We will get picked apart by almost any team if they have time to pass. We saw this with Dallas, San Diego and during preseason by Oakland.