I just love this picture

seahawks08

Reaction score
When there is credit due, we need to credit him. He worked really hard and was very effective while being with our team. He contributed on a very high level basis. Yes, nobody is perfect and sometimes emotions get to you. I am sad to lose him and I am happy for him to get a big contract. Everyone wants a big pay day and they work hard for it, some we can't afford and they go but as classy fans to match a classy organization, we need to respect what he did for this team. Go Tate, go make Detroit a better place, keep up the good name of an ex Seahawk from the PC JS era.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":5mvpan9l said:
Shadowhawk":5mvpan9l said:
Hated it because it cost us 15 yards on the kickoff, guaranteeing a return in a close game where one big play could have cost us a win.

What bugged me about the Sound FX bit in the SB was that Tate never answered Wilson; it looked like he never even acknowledged him. That was BS.

Tate was a valuable player for this team and will be tough to replace, but he definitely has some growing up to do.
They started the next drive at the 22 yard line, instead of the 20 with a touchback... the sky is falling.

Um, yes, that's why I said one big play COULD have cost us a win. Obviously there was no big play and it didn't hurt us in the end, but it was a stupid and unnecessary risk in a game that we came within one yard of losing.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it was a dbag move, period. However, not to excuse it, but I do recall Tate saying that the corners were trash talking all game long so it was venting/letting off some steam from that, for what it's worth.

Kaiser

Reaction score
If he wasnt such a tough bastard and hard player, i'd hold it against him. I love the way he plays, and let it go.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Kaiser":32rinrld said:
If he wasnt such a tough bastard and hard player, i'd hold it against him. I love the way he plays, and let it go.

This exactly. If it happens against us I'll hate him for it. Until then? I still love Golden Tate.

Reaction score
Wartooth":1szfkoip said:
I don't, he was acting childish, and it cost the team.
It was telling on Sound FX from the Super Bowl, when Russell had to tell him to stop clowning, and just get the first down.
I think the showboating is why he isn't still on this team, that idiot look thing he did when ever he made a play.
Team First, Golden gone.

It's part of sports haven't you ever seen anybody hang on the rim in basketball , celebrate a home run, run the field in soccer? What's the big deal the Rams probably were talking smack.
If you don't want someone celebrating, or taunting don't get burnt like year old sun screen.

Seaswab

Reaction score
I wont miss him having to point first down every time, even after a penalty. This after saying he was just going back to the huddle from now on

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":3v4048zh said:
It was telling on Sound FX from the Super Bowl, when Russell had to tell him to stop clowning, and just get the first down.
I think the showboating is why he isn't still on this team, that idiot look thing he did when ever he made a play.
Team First, Golden gone.
It cost nothing and it had zero to do with why he isn't on this team.

dunceface

Reaction score
I loved Tate's on field "antics", but I'm an immature asshole

And I agree with the OP, this was a great moment

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Loved it at the time and still do. I like that our players (former) never backed down from anyone. We all saw how dirty the Rams were the second time around.

Gametime

Reaction score
Joey13091":2ohz1lof said:
Wartooth":2ohz1lof said:
Team First, Golden gone.

I don't think that had anything to do with why he is not on the team anymore. Offered more money and being in a pass first O were the reasons.

I would disagree a little. I don't he even was offered a contract from the Hawks. I could be mistaken but I remember seeing Tate's comments that he wasn't even contacted. I think they were fine letting him walk. I liked Tate too but the WR group in the draft is super deep this year and that money is needed to keep the team first core together.

I don't think the FO even offered him a deal. Same with Bryant, Breno, Thurmond etc. It's very telling that if you heard Red Bryant's radio interview when he was cut, he said he was never offered a deal because he "wasn't in the future plans for the team". He also stated that he respected and understood that (such a classy pro).

It does serve to show that JS and PC have a crystal clear vision for this team and they are not afraid to let the role players turnover because they are constantly looking for that next guy who can contribute both in attitude and play on the field.

They are nailing it IMO. I'm already excited for the draft and to see what next season holds for the DEFENDING CHAMPS!!!!!! :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Gametime":1h8ekljl said:
Joey13091":1h8ekljl said:
Wartooth":1h8ekljl said:
Team First, Golden gone.

I don't think that had anything to do with why he is not on the team anymore. Offered more money and being in a pass first O were the reasons.

I would disagree a little. I don't he even was offered a contract from the Hawks. I could be mistaken but I remember seeing Tate's comments that he wasn't even contacted. I think they were fine letting him walk. I liked Tate too but the WR group in the draft is super deep this year and that money is needed to keep the team first core together.

I don't think the FO even offered him a deal. Same with Bryant, Breno, Thurmond etc. It's very telling that if you heard Red Bryant's radio interview when he was cut, he said he was never offered a deal because he "wasn't in the future plans for the team". He also stated that he respected and understood that (such a classy pro).

It does serve to show that JS and PC have a crystal clear vision for this team and they are not afraid to let the role players turnover because they are constantly looking for that next guy who can contribute both in attitude and play on the field.

They are nailing it IMO. I'm already excited for the draft and to see what next season holds for the DEFENDING CHAMPS!!!!!! :)

They did...it was probably around 4 a year based on his comments