I know I'll catch heat for this, but....

Seafan

Reaction score
If the highest paid LBs on the team start hitting the right gaps and stop arm tackling and whiffing the defense will be alright,

NJlargent

Reaction score
Our defense is rebuilding so the fact that they looked subpar last night is less concerning then in previous years. But chalking the performance up to the chargers having our number or other preseason excuses is delusional.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":18bpqyyf said:
SpokaneHawks":18bpqyyf said:
I cant stand him, wish we would trade him, have talked mad trash about him, but....... this defense needs Earl Thomas.
Earl Thomas was an important component, for sure —- but his dedication to the game and antics are not worth put up with, especially to the tune of the 75+ Million he wants. Time to move on.

I'm as frustrated as most, but regardless of how I feel, I don't think I could ever objectively question his dedication to the game. The guy is an absolute warrior. Watch the game following his return from the broken leg. Flying around with reckless abandon and playing with passion and emotion. In an interesting irony, Earl argues that his dedication and aggressive style of play is why he is holding out.

Yes, I wish he would think more before saying and doing some of things he says and does, but there isn't a single team that wouldn't be better defensively by adding the best free safety in football to their club.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
rjdriver":6ufaw61w said:
Spin Doctor":6ufaw61w said:
SpokaneHawks":6ufaw61w said:
I cant stand him, wish we would trade him, have talked mad trash about him, but....... this defense needs Earl Thomas.
Earl Thomas was an important component, for sure —- but his dedication to the game and antics are not worth put up with, especially to the tune of the 75+ Million he wants. Time to move on.

I'm as frustrated as most, but regardless of how I feel, I don't think I could ever objectively question his dedication to the game. The guy is an absolute warrior. Watch the game following his return from the broken leg. Flying around with reckless abandon and playing with passion and emotion. In an interesting irony, Earl argues that his dedication and aggressive style of play is why he is holding out.

Yes, I wish he would think more before saying and doing some of things he says and does, but there isn't a single team that wouldn't be better defensively by adding the best free safety in football to their club.
He mulled retirement on social media, that is until Berry got a huge contract. Towards the end of the year he looked apathetic, and disinterested. His quality of play diminished towards the end of the season as well. I'd absolutely question his dedication to the game at this point going forward.