I Love Crow With Tartar Sauce

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":wqtskj1u said:
seahawkfreak":wqtskj1u said:
I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

You are taking it to the way other extreme side and don't put words in my mouth (true fan). It was an absolute that Seattle was going lose for many of you,,, a lot, it was disappointing, that is my opinion. I also didn't have rainbows, lollipops or dreams of unicorns but to go on a absolute belief there was no chance, yeah sorry no.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
drdiags":1dxliotv said:
I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.

It was more than doubt and there was no debate either.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":24owin3v said:
Aros":24owin3v said:
Overall, good job by the refs :D

I will have to go ahead and disagree on this part mmmkay. Just because we win does not absolve the refs of some frikin stupid calls.

Refs always make bad calls I dont feel they altered the game. They called a phantom hold for us on Frank Clark that setup the 3rd and 25 and they converted anyways.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":2pv581g9 said:
seahawkfreak":2pv581g9 said:
I would not have come at you betting NE would win. It was however pretty lame how disgustingly negative a majority of the posters on the board were about this game and how sure we were going to lose. Including the owner of this post.

No tartar sauce!

So apparently we have to be all rainbows and lollipops in order to be a true fan, right? After all, a real fan would never predict a loss when there are countless reasons to believe so.

Get over yourself. This is a fan forum to voice your opinion, however that may be. So what if fans predicted a loss? Doesn't make them any less of a fan than those who didn't. And it's asinine that I should have to even defend that paradigm.

So, we can't take our homer glasses off for a second and make reasonable predictions based upon actual observed evidence? I'm extremely glad that my logic and reason turned out to be flawed in this instance, but good grief man. Anyone who's ever met me in real life will tell you that I'm one of the biggest Seahawks fans around -- period. Any one of my friends, acquaintances, or colleagues will tell you that. In general, I put far more stock in those who try to be objective ... than in those who always see things through rose colored glasses. I'm very, very happy to have been wrong ... and have absolutely ZERO problems admitting that. I'm not Fonzie whatsoever.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I expected a loss.

I'm happy to be wrong.

I did however, say that we would need to win the turnover battle, and even out the TOP in order to have a chance.

I won't eat a whole crow but I'll take one of the smaller black birds.

I got it a little bit right :{)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1w8mgfsv said:

Look dude, this is a night for all Seahawks fans to feel good about, regardless of predictions. Who freakin' cares? We ALL agree that it's awesome they won. No need to taunt those who thought they would lose.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":3m6amrmr said:
seahawkfreak":3m6amrmr said:

Look dude, this is a night for all Seahawks fans to feel good about, regardless of predictions. Who freakin' cares? We ALL agree that it's awesome they won. No need to taunt those who thought they would lose.

Nice, I see what you did there. I digress and agree only thing that matters in the end is we won.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
No crow here either way, thought it would be a tough game to pull out, and glad they could, However a great friend of mine had a heart attack in the final minute of the game, in front of his family and many friends. Very scary, and kind of put the game in perspective for me. Guys if you feel strange, or your arm is numb, don't be a "tough" guy, admit it and get help. He apparently had been having symptoms all day. Sorry to bring a little reality to great thread, but if you have the time, please pass some good thoughts on to Brad, a great Seahawks fan, who is fighting.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
tacomahawk":b9sc06dx said:
No crow here either way, thought it would be a tough game to pull out, and glad they could, However a great friend of mine had a heart attack in the final minute of the game, in front of his family and many friends. Very scary, and kind of put the game in perspective for me. Guys if you feel strange, or your arm is numb, don't be a "tough" guy, admit it and get help. He apparently had been having symptoms all day. Sorry to bring a little reality to great thread, but if you have the time, please pass some good thoughts on to Brad, a great Seahawks fan, who is fighting.

I am so sorry to hear about this! Please pass on our thoughts to our fellow 12 brother Brad! I pray he recovers fully.

I am a hypochondriac by nature which is both a blessing and a curse. It's a curse because I am constantly worried about diseases and any sudden health crisis that could occur at any second of the day. It's a blessing because I am so tuned in to anything wrong or weird or anything I feel is not right, I feel I would have a fighting chance if I am ever in that situation where I know something is wrong.

This is a great message you have given us all in your reminder that if you are not feeling right, especially signs like left arm weakness/numbness, or jaw pain and certainly chest pain...CALL 911. It could save your life.

Prayers for Brad and his family!

Largent80

Reaction score
Here's the way I saw it. The defense has been battling their asses off. They played very hard 3 games in a row and I know that repetition makes one better. In a team sport, the team will get better.

Kam is a key player for the Hawks and that was the other factor I included in my win prediction. I wasn't the only person predicting a win by the way.

It was simply handicapping and gut feeling for me going into this game.

hawker84

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":23qkw0ca said:

No tartar sauce!

You could simply not log on if it bothers you so much.

And pass some of that crow over this way, I want some. And I brought my own special Louisiana brand hot sauce blend.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Largent80":102s2ciu said:
Here's the way I saw it. The defense has been battling their asses off. They played very hard 3 games in a row and I know that repetition makes one better. In a team sport, the team will get better.

Kam is a key player for the Hawks and that was the other factor I included in my win prediction. I wasn't the only person predicting a win by the way.

It was simply handicapping and gut feeling for me going into this game.

Yay we both chastised everyone for not having faith! On a serious note even though I was surprised at so many people predicting a blowout since we have never been blown out in the Wilson era I would never think less of anyone for predicting a loss especially in a game like that. Just means you're objective and I'm a huge homer. What a fantastic game and one best I've watched in a while. Offense was starting to roll which is another prediction of mine. :twisted:

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1ynm27br said:

No tartar sauce!

Guess that makes you the best fan of all. The rest of us are only OK fans. You win the prize and are Fan Of The Year. You are the greatest fan to ever live. You rule. Happy now?

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not a fan of calling skeptical fans bad fans for sure. I'm still the better fan for not picking a loss though I think we can all agree on that. :sarcasm_on:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
drdiags":1vw58nsf said:
I think aholes wanting a pound of flesh only makes us become more unable to know how anyone truly feels. Either you want to have fans feel able to register their doubts or we can goosestep to the collective thought that doesn't allow debate. My vote, let people be able to vent and voice their true belief. This "I cannot believe you guys ...". To me folks are always looking to avenge some vendetta, imagined or real.

It's the way that people go about it. The ones who talk so much Ish about our guys.

Our guys that brought us a championship, that have proven year after year that they can and will get it done. That have proven that its not how you start its how you finish. It's the people who take everything for granted. That don't realize the NFL is really hard to win in and the hawks have a target on our backs every week.

It's THOSE people who I love coming to this board after they were negative nellies all week prior to sop up their crow eating with a biscuit.