I love Russell Wilson

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Amongst all the negative posts, I wanted to remind .net how special this kid is. His post game interview reminds me that, we'll be ok, in fact we'll always be ok with him at the helm. He started by saying the Seahawks should have won the game and then immediately gave credit to the defense and humbled up saying the offense didn't make the plays. It seemed a little bit even out of the Russell Wilson press conference norm as he usually gives very typical (good) cookie cutter answers, but you could tell he wanted it and will always want it, you could see it in his body language and hear it in how he spoke. Still he reminded the media that the Seahawks would be ok, and it was time to move on.

Russell Wilson will always put the Seahawks in the best opportunity to have success, I don't think he's a perfect QB and theres a lot of growing and room for improvement as far as skill set goes but his attitude and mindset is top notch.

I wasn't able to see the game because my assistant manager hates me and makes me work afternoon shifts on Sundays, I did however follow gamecast and it was at times very frustrating albeit probably less frustrating than actually watching the game.

I also wanted to bring up that every team that's ever won the super bowl has had adversity, it's going to happen. The great teams that win the super bowl overcome the hardships and are able to press on and get it done, and I believe the Seahawks are one of those teams.

I love this team and although I acknowledge the offense has it's problems, I'm confident we beat St. Louis. Enjoying the ride!

amill87

Reaction score
I'm doing everything I can to tell myself it's going to be ok but this is a hard one. I'm really struggling with the thought of gifting the Niners the division when we had 3 chances at it (if we lose to the Rams).

Now with that said, it is very true that Wilson is a playmaker and a damn good QB. A lot of drops happened today. It was a very off day even for our usually mediocre passing attack. For the day Wilson was having, it almost seemed fitting that it ended with the ground causing an INT.

All in all, this feeling is what I get for my arrogance. I bought into the best team in the league (they still might be). I believed noone could beat them at home. I have assumed HFA and the division have been a lock for a couple weeks.

It's funny, before this year I've always wondered how Patriot fans stay connected to the game. They got multiple championships and are constantly deep in the playoffs. But it has really hit me, having an extremely successful season and than not finishing the job is heart wretching. There are a lot of teams out there that just want to make the playoffs, they (like the Hawks for many years) are excited by progress.

As a fan, I have lost sight of anything other than this year. I don't care about progress. I don't care that Harvin might play a whole season next year. But the other side of me is doing everything it can to remind myself that this team is REALLY GOOD. This team has taken steps every single year and improved since Pete took over. If by some miracle, we lose to the Rams and the Niners beat the Cards (which, it ain't gonna be lock for the Niners, the Cards will be playing their asses off in that game), it's gonna be ok. Wild card teams can win the Super Bowl.

Imagine the motivation this team would have. They are a cocky bunch and if they pissed away the division and had to go on the road, I don't think we would see the same road team we have seen in the past. If inferior teams can come into C-link and get a win, why can't the Seahawks go into other stadiums and do the same? So we have to listen to the Niner trolls for a couple weeks but imagine the tears if we went into the last year of candlestick and beat them on the way to the super bowl?

Unlike soon to be 18 other teams in the league, this season isn't over.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is going to make this team special for a long time.

But all the pieces being in place for a SB run?

That is probably limited to this year, less if Bevell has his way.

Either way, what we as a fan base have already gotten from Wilson has been phenomenal.

We are lucky to have him, and that isn't a platitude. We literally hit the jackpot, like that chick in the car commercial where her bf rescues a puppy after bringing her a macchiato.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love Russell too, but I was seriously let down today by his performance and so were many thousands of other fans.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
amill87":2m5fdm7h said:
I'm doing everything I can to tell myself it's going to be ok but this is a hard one. I'm really struggling with the thought of gifting the Niners the division when we had 3 chances at it (if we lose to the Rams).

Now with that said, it is very true that Wilson is a playmaker and a damn good QB. A lot of drops happened today. It was a very off day even for our usually mediocre passing attack. For the day Wilson was having, it almost seemed fitting that it ended with the ground causing an INT.

All in all, this feeling is what I get for my arrogance. I bought into the best team in the league (they still might be). I believed noone could beat them at home. I have assumed HFA and the division have been a lock for a couple weeks.

It's funny, before this year I've always wondered how Patriot fans stay connected to the game. They got multiple championships and are constantly deep in the playoffs. But it has really hit me, having an extremely successful season and than not finishing the job is heart wretching. There are a lot of teams out there that just want to make the playoffs, they (like the Hawks for many years) are excited by progress.

As a fan, I have lost sight of anything other than this year. I don't care about progress. I don't care that Harvin might play a whole season next year. But the other side of me is doing everything it can to remind myself that this team is REALLY GOOD. This team has taken steps every single year and improved since Pete took over. If by some miracle, we lose to the Rams and the Niners beat the Cards (which, it ain't gonna be lock for the Niners, the Cards will be playing their asses off in that game), it's gonna be ok. Wild card teams can win the Super Bowl.

Imagine the motivation this team would have. They are a cocky bunch and if they pissed away the division and had to go on the road, I don't think we would see the same road team we have seen in the past. If inferior teams can come into C-link and get a win, why can't the Seahawks go into other stadiums and do the same? So we have to listen to the Niner trolls for a couple weeks but imagine the tears if we went into the last year of candlestick and beat them on the way to the super bowl?

Unlike soon to be 18 other teams in the league, this season isn't over.

Awesome post, I'm glad to see there are other fans like me, not yet wanting to give up hope. I, like you have been very arrogant over the past say three weeks, ever since the "experts" started to notice the Seahawks and week after week after week of being #1 in the power rankings. I was starting to drink the kool aid. :179422: The Seahawks had in fact already won the super bowl in my mind, not really but we have to right? We're the best team! People were talking about it, I was agreeing so it had to be true.

I remember bragging about Russell Wilson and the Hawks earlier this week to a co worker who's a Redskins fan, :34853_doh: he was like "Don't get too cocky" which I immediately thought in my head, "how is being confident cocky" that being said he's right. I have to be careful as a fan not to get too excited or too pinned on the Seahawks winning the super bowl this year, I want it to happen, still think it can but maybe knocking me down a few pegs was good.

I don't like the thought of being a wild card team, this year we have showed all year we are one of the best if not the best overall team. Theres the confidence thing again. I just think it would be crazy to have to go in as a wild card team after all this, all the wins, all the success, NO! I do however like your imagination of the drama that beating the 49ers at Candlestick in the playoffs would cause, it would be awesome!

It's one game, and although it was a tough loss, I tend to be one to look at the bigger picture, were 12-3, and one win away from the #1 seed.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Aros":bt0i2wkh said:
I love Russell too, but I was seriously let down today by his performance and so were many thousands of other fans.

He did have a bad game, but he was far from the biggest reason we lost. I am not let down, I do not feel like Rw let me down, mainly because I know without him we are not even close to the playoffs. I am disappointed but not in Rw but in the Offense as it was obvious being at the game the WR were MIA, the 0-line was pathetic, WL left more yards out there than I care to mention, and while the defense did play well most of the game, once again with a lead in the 4th qtr and barely 7 minutes to go they let Az march 80 yards for a td, again. SO they get some of the blame but let down no, disappointed yes.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
To the second poster in this thread... If we lose to the Rams we will have the same home record as we do on the road this season. That makes us even here or there... I don't care, we're going to the dance.

Russell had a bad game. That incompletion where Doug drug his feet but couldn't control all the way through was Russell's poorest decision of the day to me. 4th quarter, 3rd and 1 with an EASY AS PIE first down run and more if he just tucks it and goes... I mean, he was there already. That's when I knew we were going to lose because I felt that this particular game was beyond him. I can't explain how bad that felt. But still, "F Wilson" ??? You're never getting this from me.

BioDawg03

Reaction score
Anthony!":26u055lb said:
He did have a bad game, but he was far from the biggest reason we lost. I am not let down, I do not feel like Rw let me down, mainly because I know without him we are not even close to the playoffs.

I think this may be a bit of an overstatment....

I think with the #1 Defense in the NFL and a top 5 RB you can have a pretty average QB and still be a playoff contender... heck you can win a Super Bowl or at least make one.... if you are looking for examples I submit exhibits A, B & C Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Rex Grossman...

Zorn76

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3to9fjtx said:
Amongst all the negative posts, I wanted to remind .net how special this kid is. His post game interview reminds me that, we'll be ok, in fact we'll always be ok with him at the helm. He started by saying the Seahawks should have won the game and then immediately gave credit to the defense and humbled up saying the offense didn't make the plays. It seemed a little bit even out of the Russell Wilson press conference norm as he usually gives very typical (good) cookie cutter answers, but you could tell he wanted it and will always want it, you could see it in his body language and hear it in how he spoke. Still he reminded the media that the Seahawks would be ok, and it was time to move on.

Russell Wilson will always put the Seahawks in the best opportunity to have success, I don't think he's a perfect QB and theres a lot of growing and room for improvement as far as skill set goes but his attitude and mindset is top notch.

I wasn't able to see the game because my assistant manager hates me and makes me work afternoon shifts on Sundays, I did however follow gamecast and it was at times very frustrating albeit probably less frustrating than actually watching the game.

I also wanted to bring up that every team that's ever won the super bowl has had adversity, it's going to happen. The great teams that win the super bowl overcome the hardships and are able to press on and get it done, and I believe the Seahawks are one of those teams.

I love this team and although I acknowledge the offense has it's problems, I'm confident we beat St. Louis. Enjoying the ride!

+1

I'm with you.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
BioDawg03":3l2jtn5r said:
Anthony!":3l2jtn5r said:
He did have a bad game, but he was far from the biggest reason we lost. I am not let down, I do not feel like Rw let me down, mainly because I know without him we are not even close to the playoffs.

I think with the #1 Defense in the NFL and a top 5 RB you can have a pretty average QB and still be a playoff contender... heck you can win a Super Bowl or at least make one.... if you are looking for examples I submit exhibits A, B & C Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and Rex Grossman...

Look, the OC has a lot to do with whats going on right now. I've seen Russell Wilson excel in a hurry up offense and I know he has the talent and stats to claim him to be one of the top QB's in the league even as a second year player. The O line is average to good, imho and needs a few upgrades, in next years draft.

I understand your examples, and I agree (especially on the Dilfer part) just wanted to make sure you didn't actually think one bad game makes Russell Wilson an average QB.

I really don't mind being the biggest RW fanboy on .net, I've just seen too much good to believe he is a problem, even in his off days.

HawkWow

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":20592sia said:
I wasn't able to see the game because my assistant manager hates me and makes me work afternoon shifts on Sundays, I did however follow gamecast.

Let's put the game aside for a moment and see if we can figure out why you are having these difficulties at your workplace. LOL.

During the 84 season, my dad was breaking me into the company. He expected me to work Sundays and once commented "you better decide what's more important to you, this company or the Seahawks". I assured him he wouldn't be pleased with my decision if he forced me to choose. ; )

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love him too. With Russell Wilson we will always be in the game. Since he has been QB we have never lost by more than a TD. One day that will change but I don't care, even Tom Brady gets his ass kicked now and then.

Russell and Pete are what keep this team on an even keel and give them the confidence to go in to every game expecting to win it. With other coaches and QBs we never had that kind of confidence.

Some fans on the other hand, tend to think the season is over when we have a loss. I'll admit, losing this game really hurts and my confidence took a big hit, but as my emotions settle down, reality sets in and I realize that we still have Russell Wilson and the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. There will be some noses to the grindstone this week and we will likely here reports that "practice was really spirited."

Go Hawks! :icon_new:

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Zorn76":2i0krn5a said:
NFSeahawks628":2i0krn5a said:

+1

I'm with you.

+2

Russ had a bad game today, but he's won us enough games to deserve some faith.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Geezus, the guy is 24-9 as a starter, including playoffs.
He had a bad game, so what. This team would be NOWHERE NEAR where they are w/out him.

Anthony!

Reaction score
BioDawg03":1e7w4205 said:
Anthony!":1e7w4205 said:

really we are 12-3 you put an avg QB in and at best we have 9 wins and guess what we are out of the playoffs, sorry but that is not true, We won several games because of Rw so to think we make the playoffs without him is wrong. Oh and #1 defenses do not give up 4th qtr leads, and the way ML is running he is not top 5, you might want to relook at all this.

Germanotta

Reaction score
Anthony!":1s9923ml said:
BioDawg03":1s9923ml said:
Anthony!":1s9923ml said:

really we are 12-3 you put an avg QB in and at best we have 9 wins and guess what we are out of the playoffs, sorry but that is not true, We won several games because of Rw so to think we make the playoffs without him is wrong. Oh and #1 defenses do not give up 4th qtr leads, and the way ML is running he is not top 5, you might want to relook at all this.

I agree with everything you said but the defense did not do anything wrong on that TD pass. It was great position by maxwell and excellent concentration and catch by Floyd, which is something our receivers couldn't do when they were in the same position.

OP
OP
N

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawkWow":e27v21sw said:
NFSeahawks628":e27v21sw said:
I wasn't able to see the game because my assistant manager hates me and makes me work afternoon shifts on Sundays, I did however follow gamecast.

Let's put the game aside for a moment and see if we can figure out why you are having these difficulties at your workplace. LOL.

During the 84 season, my dad was breaking me into the company. He expected me to work Sundays and once commented "you better decide what's more important to you, this company or the Seahawks". I assured him he wouldn't be pleased with my decision if he forced me to choose. ; )

Oh it's awful. I literally have to request the day off or he will work me. Thankfully I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks so I'll be able to see the Seahawks wrap up the NFC west and #1 seed. Then I believe the divisional round is on the 11th or something which I will just request off.

I'm with you on which one I would pick too, Seahawks 1st, work 2nd. haha :th2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Not Russell's best day by a long shot, but he can't make throws when his receivers aren't getting open. Or when they do get open not making plays.

All the receivers yesterday had chances at long passes, or important 3rd down conversions, and couldn't make the catch. Would have been great catches, not saying they were easy catches, but still someone needs to make plays besides Russell on offense.