I love Schneider, you love Schneider, BUT...

Seaswab

Reaction score
I think we put alot of trust in tom cable, and he overrates all of our lineman

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Those who want to wait for Okung and Breno to return before we start judging are losing ground, including myself.

I'll extend the questioning to include WR's. Our arsenal is limited, period. They've tried with guys like Kris Durham and that other guy this year; it hasn't worked yet.

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
niveky":q6lk40fa said:
this wouldn't even really be a conversation if Okung and Geno were not out hurt...I mean it would...but not nearly to the extent that it is. We do need someone to come in and push/win the starting job from Geno. At the very least that would give them quality depth at the Tackle spot. They really should bring in some guards too. I'm hoping they get 2-3 oline during next years draft and also bring in bodies through free agency, especially if there are some good guys out there that would fit this system.
SOME FACTS:

1. The Seahawks have one of the youngest lines in the NFL.

2 Breno had Elbow surgery after last season, had knee problems last season, and knee surgery this season. He's banged up but a very aggressive tackle with the tools to be good.

3. Okung has had knee, pectoral, and ankle injuries and now is out with a ligament in his toe. But he is on the verge of being great. Okung allowed the QB to get hit just 6 times last year, including only 2 sacks, and the Seahawks averaged 5.4 YPC when running over his left tackle. YOU CAN'T REPLACE THAT when he's hurt!!!!

4. Unger is solid. And a pro bowler. And was also injured this season.

5. Carpenter, going into camp was coming off knee surgery and concussion issues.

6. McQuistan is a serviceable, experienced, journeyman interior lineman. But he is not a starting left tack by any stretch in any Universe.

Having said all that...

1. Schneider has some blame...He knew he had a line that was banged up coming into the season, and in some cases injury prone, and did not address the depth.

2. Schneider/Cable/Pete deserve credit. They have built a young line which has been mostly good, dealt with injures (thanks to Pat Ruel and Cable coaching them well) and their record is still damn good.

3. The Seahawks are waaaaay different with Breno and Okung.

4. Lance Zerlein ranked the Seahawks O-Line as top 5 in the NFL going into the season, but warned of their lack of depth at tackle.

sc85sis

Reaction score
CortezKennedyfan":2oabofsz said:
4. Lance Zerlein ranked the Seahawks O-Line as top 5 in the NFL going into the season, but warned of their lack of depth at tackle.
He cursed us!