I miss Marshawn

NINEster

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2afb5jhi said:
Greatest RB in franchise history and arguably the most important Seahawk of all-time.

I challenge anyone to argue against either one of those statements.

I would agree.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1punm03e said:
Rawls was pretty good.

Suddenly with more coaching he got terrible.

If this was single incident, maybe I would blame Rawls. But our staff has a habit of making guys worse over time. Weirdly, the less time in our system, the better a RB tends to be - but for Lynch, who was an outlier.

He was an outlier because he didn't give an intercourse what the coaches said. He was going to do his own thing and he succeeded at being a RB.

907Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":p8vatd3g said:
Greatest RB in franchise history and arguably the most important Seahawk of all-time.

OK

#24 is my favorite Seahawk of all time but I don't think you have any real background with the teams of the past.

#80 Steve Largent played for the Hawks for 14 years, is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and considered by many as the best Seahawk ever.

Walter Jones HOF, left tackle, if you don't know you better ask somebody.

Kenny Easley HOF, one of the best safeties of any era.

Cortez Kennedy HOF, 1992 Defensive Player of the year.

These players were the best at their position in there prime, and played their whole career in Seattle, I'm not even getting into any of the current players.

A case could be made for Alexander who was the NFL MVP, had 28 TD's and led the league in rushing in 2005.
And if the Hawks had won the Super Bowl XL he would be looked at in a much better light by Seahawks fans.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
907Hawk":2cg5fg2n said:
SixSeahawk":2cg5fg2n said:

OK

#24 is my favorite Seahawk of all time but I don't think you have any real background with the teams of the past.

#80 Steve Largent played for the Hawks for 14 years, is a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame and considered by many as the best Seahawk ever.

These players were the best at their position in there prime, and played their whole career in Seattle, I'm not even getting into any of the current players.

A case could be made for Alexander who was the NFL MVP, had 28 TD's and led the league in rushing in 2005.
And if the Hawks had won the Super Bowl XL he would be looked at in a much better light by Seahawks fans.

And how many of them won a Superbowl (almost 2) for Seattle?

Mediocrity isn't important. Championships are.

907Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1e5yye7u said:
907Hawk":1e5yye7u said:
SixSeahawk":1e5yye7u said:

OK

Have you ever watched any of those players play football? My guess is no.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Subzero717":1wy5wt04 said:
Cyrus12":1wy5wt04 said:
Rawls is garbage. We need to draft a rb.

We did in 2016. 3 of them actually.

We NEED to draft Royce Freeman, find a left tackle and abandon this zone block garbage. I HATE seeing an O-linemen without their hands on someone. You see it EVERY play with zone blocking.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
907Hawk":8ynu5pdx said:
SixSeahawk":8ynu5pdx said:
907Hawk":8ynu5pdx said:
SixSeahawk":8ynu5pdx said:

OK

Have you ever watched any of those players play football? My guess is no.

My statement was about importance. Not excitement.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":3pimgfyo said:
My statement was about importance. Not excitement.

Lynch was a GREAT RB for us, of that there is no doubt, but if you don't find a player who is DPOY on a 2 win team important, then I think a lot of people might have to question what you consider important in an NFL player.

kobebryant

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1gpxho4k said:
he's now toxic along with many other guys across the league.

Really? I always thought he was one of the more well-respected guys in the league. Teammates and opponents have seemed to speak highly of him, and it has always felt like his anti-establishment approach and physical playing style was admired by his peers.

adeltaY

Reaction score
The funny thing is that the Raiders aren't using him enough. He's not as good as he was here, but he's still an effective weapon. They keep having Carr throw it and he literally fumbled the game away for them instead of handing it to Beast.

Also, I think some of us are misunderstanding what SixSeahawk is saying. He means Lynch was the most important part of the SB win. I'd argue that since that's the main goal of a football team, it makes sense. Lynch was NOT the greatest/best Seahawk overall, but I can buy he might be the most important. IMO Russ was the key ingredient so I'd give it to him. You can look at marshawn's stats before and after Russ joined the team and it's readily apparent.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
kobebryant":28h960ss said:
NFSeahawks628":28h960ss said:
he's now toxic along with many other guys across the league.

Really? I always thought he was one of the more well-respected guys in the league. Teammates and opponents have seemed to speak highly of him, and it has always felt like his anti-establishment approach and physical playing style was admired by his peers.

He is.

SixSeahawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":1mswvkrb said:
The funny thing is that the Raiders aren't using him enough. He's not as good as he was here, but he's still an effective weapon. They keep having Carr throw it and he literally fumbled the game away for them instead of handing it to Beast.

Also, I think some of us are misunderstanding what SixSeahawk is saying. He means Lynch was the most important part of the SB win. I'd argue that since that's the main goal of a football team, it makes sense. Lynch was NOT the greatest/best Seahawk overall, but I can buy he might be the most important. IMO Russ was the key ingredient so I'd give it to him. You can look at marshawn's stats before and after Russ joined the team and it's readily apparent.

You got the first part about importance right but calling Russ the most important part of those teams (when several current and former Hawks have called those teams Marshawn's teams) is a combination of revisionism and favouritism.

Russ was the third most important part of those teams. The first two being Beast and the LOB, respectively.

907Hawk

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":dc770u1s said:
adeltaY":dc770u1s said:

You got the first part about importance right but calling Russ the most important part of those teams (when several current and former Hawks have called those teams Marshawn's teams) is a combination of revisionism and favouritism.

Russ was the third most important part of those teams. The first two being Beast and the LOB, respectively.

Lynch was a key piece on those teams, but the Hawks were 7-9 and 7-9 before Wilson was added to the team, it is highly unlikely they would have went to any Super Bowls without him. You could say he was the final piece to the puzzle.

It always comes down to a team game, Mebane, Irvin, Okung, JR Sweezy, Unger, Miller, Tate, Kearse, Mike Rob, the big Russian, Carpenter, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons and all those other mofo's who are long gone had important roll's on the Super Bowl winning team. The team belongs to all 53 not just one man, next time you see bestmode ask him about it.

Sanders: “They feel like if they can stop you, they can stop this team.”
Lynch: “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me? I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”

adeltaY

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":1guif1m3 said:
adeltaY":1guif1m3 said:

907 basically made my point. I also agree it was a team thing, but if we were singling them out, I'm still going with Russ. Look at the records with the young LoB and Lynch and then with Wilson. Also, the added threat of Wilson in the run game opened it up for Beast and he had his best seasons with Russ, undoubtedly. If you're talking personality-wise, it's Lynch though and not even close. I'm just looking at the impact on the field. QB is the most important position and always will be.

kobebryant

Reaction score
The offense just had a different and more menacing feel to it with Marshawn leading the charge, Breno & Sweezy going at guys through the whistle and Golden lighting people up with those crackbacks.

adeltaY

Reaction score
kobebryant":2s5az2qh said:
The offense just had a different and more menacing feel to it with Marshawn leading the charge, Breno & Sweezy going at guys through the whistle and Golden lighting people up with those crackbacks.

I definitely agree. Marshawn was the soul of the offense and brought a real attitude. We're more a finesse team now. Finesse teams can get dominated physically and blown out the water.